The Australian customers have a big appetite for the online shopping and the use of e-commerce website in Australia is increasing every year.
The Perspective Private Limited is successfully providing Data Analysis & Recommendation System Services for the past five years to the e-commerce websites and has proven to enhance the customers recommendation system by obtaining competitive advantage in the e-commerce market.
Our client booktopia.com is an e-commerce company for selling books, e-books, Audiobooks, journals and DVD’S. With increasing number of successful players in the e–commerce market like Fishponds.com, Kogan.com the company wants to benchmark it’s service. There is a great pressure in improvising the companies market amongst its competitor. Now they have approached Perspective Private limited for improvising the existing recommendation systems.
We clearly understand that the previous recommendation system was just giving the users about their previous product search and it requires more informative recommendation systems that would encourage users in opting for booktopia.com for future purchases. We would carry out the implementations in the client’s database server and have to carefully handle the existing product data.
Our company service would encompass the following:
Link to an online book critic website (www.theguardian.com) after selecting an order.
Pop up message displaying details of customers buying an item and number of hits for a book.
A Personal Recommendation to your friend circle about a book through their e-mail address and also with an option for sending it as a gift to your family r friend.
Online chat system for customer to interact with the sales and order team.
... middle of paper ...
...and analysis therefore, no change in project objectives is acceptable.
• Previous recommendation system is working 100%.
• New recommendation system will be in a form of upgradable patch, which can fit into the current operating system and database connectivity.
• No flexibility in terms of timeline and budget.
• Weekly update is provided to booktopia.com through effective communication.
• VPN connectivity between booktopia.com and Perspective Private Limited is working 100%.
• Difficult to test the new patch on the live system due to its 24*7 service.
• With new system, database would go through more mining and fetching data and would require upgrade-to-upgrade RAM and processing units.
• Disaster recovery mechanism to be setup in case of backup failure and upgrade failure.
• Acceptance of the change or the new look of the website among the masses
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... 2010), indicating that it can be hard to gain trust from customer compared with offline channel under such trust-orientated situation. Though defect can be observed from the E-commerce decision, the advantages of it still affect stronger than its disadvantages with consideration that negative effect of them can be minimize by addressing properly. Not having access to tangible items, E-commerce rely heavily on trust and familiarity (Gefen 2000), especially female shopper, they tend to learn from others (Barletta 2004).... [tags: Electronic commerce, Online shopping, Middle age]
729 words (2.1 pages)
- Internet Shopping The Internet's popularity has dramatically escalated over the past few years and has become an integral part of daily life. It has wide spread uses ranging from obtaining information, downloading files, business advertisement to Internet commerce, which plays a major part in Internet practice. Our social structure is pressuring society to connect to the Internet, with schools world wide becoming more Web based and universities now have lectures, which can be solely viewed over the Internet.... [tags: Cyberspace Shopping E-commerce Essays]
1453 words (4.2 pages)
- Twenty-five years ago, the internet has played a leading role in people’s lives and countries’ economies. The number of people who use the internet has increased dramatically over time. In addition, they use it in every parts in their daily life. In the past, when people think about the internet, they often think about information. These days, more people think about shopping. Online shopping, which lets customers buy products from a seller through the internet by using web sites, which is one type of electronic commerce.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing, Shopping, Website]
1379 words (3.9 pages)
- Executive Summary The Australian Fashion industry has advanced drastically over the past 50 years, through style changes and technological advancements. The underlying system has stayed the same within the fashion industry, aside from all the changes. This fashion system, built up of the components of the internal system within the fashion industry and the factors affecting them, is the base guidelines to what the fashion industry is about. The Australian fashion industry developed it individual identity in the past 20 years, before which it adapted the looks that evolved mainly from Europe.... [tags: culture, style, design]
2400 words (6.9 pages)
- Retail industry Trends A trend simply reflects what seems to be going around at any given time. A trend can be in any area and doesn’t only reflect fashion, pop culture and entertainment. There can also be a trend in the stock market to be bullish or bearish, depending on economic indicators, or a political trend reflecting on a nation’s current mood (Vocabulary.com, 2016). Trends impacting the retail industry include social, environmental and technological trends, in ways that can either negatively affect or be beneficial to the industry.... [tags: Retailing, Online shopping, Plastic shopping bag]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- UGG is an Australian footwear brand and successful a division of the well known Deckers outdoor corporation. They have started their business by introducing unisex boots but now they are offering some other products like bags, outerwear, clothing, hats, gloves and other goods as well to catch maximum attention of their clients. They are famous all over the world because of their sheepskin boots that are unique and attractive. They offer their classic sheepskin boots both for men and women with synthetic sole and tanned outer surface.... [tags: business, deckers, trademarks]
1394 words (4 pages)
- Shopping has always been one of my favorite hobbies. The hardest part is choosing which is better at that moment, online shopping or in-store shopping. I personally love to do both, especially when there are sales, because sometimes online may have a better sale than in store and vice versa. In the real world real shoppers will know that Online and in-store shopping differentiates in various ways. However, depending on the situation they both are sometimes convenient ways to shop.... [tags: Online shopping, Retailing, Shopping]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- English comparative essay Introduction The invention of the internet has had a huge effect on the way people purchase their clothing. The internet has made it easier for clothing companies to sell their products without having to have a shop front. This essay will compare two online clothing websites, BNKR fashion website and End website. The essay will discuss their similarities and differences in the areas of purpose, form, language, audience and context. BNKR and End clothing websites are both designed to sell stylish and on trend clothing, using some similar and different concepts of visual design.... [tags: Fashion, Clothing, Sex, Difference]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Table of Contents Introduction 1 Online shops, Logistics and the Last Mile Problem 3 The E-Commerce Platform’s Accessibility and Availability 6 Efficient Customer Response and Quick Response 8 Conclusion 10 References 11 Introduction Online shops are an alternative to traditional shopping methods, but do they solve product availability issues in a viable way, and are traditional shopping methods preferred over online shopping. Morris, B (2013) points out that more consumers prefer online shopping as 70 % of 3,000 online shoppers surveyed in February 2013 in a study performed by the United Parcel Service Inc.... [tags: The Logistics of Online Shopping]
2714 words (7.8 pages)
- Cathy Huang Mr. Allen and Mr. Buys Junior Humanities Periods 3+4 02/24/2016 Online shopping vs in-store shopping Thesis: Online shopping is better than in-store one and will have more customers in the future. Since the internet came out and developed, online shopping has become important parts of many people. With the rapid development of the Internet in the world, more and more people began to start online shopping due to its convenience, time-saving and benefits. For the definition, Online shopping is an act of purchasing items or services on the Internet and has grown in popularity over years.... [tags: Online shopping, Amazon.com, Electronic commerce]
1592 words (4.5 pages)