The National Hazing Prevention Consortium is a research-to-practice enterprise intended to contribute to an evidence base for hazing prevention. This consortium is comprised of eight colleges and universities from around the United States. The purpose and goal is to eliminate hazing and demonstrate how we can change the world and transform a culture of hazing into a better world. The duty is to strength the leaders of tomorrow by sharing knowledge and preventing individuals from the dangers of hazing. This consortium advocates the use of hazing prevention strategies that relates to campus settings. The members consist of prevention specialists and leaders in hazing research and bystander intervention and prevention evaluation. They are committed to build a framework for hazing prevention by building and testing models of prevention from various fields. The Consortium project involves campuses in a progression of directed activities over the cour...
... middle of paper ...
... was presented in the Saturday conference. Overall, both conferences left me inspired to be a leader of tomorrow and to understand that I play an important role in society and the lives of my future students.
In conclusion, there are numerous professional organizations available to those who desire to increase their personal and professional development. A professional organizations conference will provide an individual with valuable resources, such as, endless networking opportunities, and personal and career development growth. After attending the “Transforming Campus and School Hazing Culture,” as well the workshop, “Bystander Intervention for Hazing Prevention,” I have gained more knowledge on the topic, which in turn I will share with others. I now have a much better idea of what I can do to start the transformation of the hazing culture in my future practice.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The themes that will be covered in this year by the Prospanica conference are interesting and I would greatly like to take part in the conference ad improve my skills as well as get the best guide that will help me in achieving my future professional goals. The themes for this years conference are important in a number of ways thus making the conference to present one of the most important opportunities that I have been looking for to add up my professional knowledge as share with others what I have accomplished as I learn from them.... [tags: Learning, Management, Skill, Leadership]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Professional development can be defined as a process in which credentials can be learned or maintained. It is a procedure of personal growing which follows the needs of self-improvement. Professional development includes the aspects that make people advance in order to achieve their goals. Developing and performing as truly professionals is sometimes inherent in individuals. In order to develop as a professional it is important to first grow as a human being to use the right values and morals in the profession.... [tags: Physical therapy]
886 words (2.5 pages)
- Professional Development Opportunities Professional development entails facilitated learning opportunities that seek to impact desired skills, and to improve effectiveness and knowledge of a professional in a given area of specialization (Grogan, 2002). Opportunities for professional development are presented in formal education as specialized training, and additional learning of professionals to improve the knowledge and skills of administrators. Professional development in the banking and financial sector encompasses programs that are tailored to increases knowledge and skills of the professionals in the banking and financial industry.... [tags: Bank, Financial services, Private banking]
1626 words (4.6 pages)
- In today’s society it is not always what you know, but who you know. It is never a bad idea to join a professional organization and or association. The key is to find the right one for you and your needs. According to ask.com, “A professional organization is formed to disseminate information and unite people who share the same occupation or common interests.” Professional Organizations can also be classified as any social arrangement that has the same aims, aspirations, and goals. A professional organization on the other hand, is usually a non-profit group that helps further awareness and goals of a specific profession according to dpi.state.nc.us.... [tags: Professional Organizations]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- Internship Organization History Hotel InterContinental San Francisco is under the InterContinental International Group, which is a multinational chain of hotels located in Europe, Asia, South Pacific, and North America, for 60 nations. InterContinental Hotels began its operations in 1946 as the hotel founded by Pan-American World Airlines. Since its inception, the hotel primarily targets customers for leisure and business purposes. With an added advantage of a flexible transportation system, Hotel InterContinental San Francisco also provides deluxe guest rooms, hospitable services, furnished conference facilities, and accommodations.... [tags: Organization, Housekeeping, Leisure]
1195 words (3.4 pages)
- Professional Organisations Having an understanding of professional organisations can help a manager effectively manage dire situations or reactions from staff. As Shell (2003) explained professionals are a different group of people, they are experts in their own field giving them expert power and therefore must be managed differently. Professionals are highly autonomous therefore they expect a high degree of control and the freedom to exercise their independent professional judgements. They act to serve their own primary interest, and not necessary the organisation’s.... [tags: Management, Organization, Organizational studies]
880 words (2.5 pages)
- Introduction: The knowledge me learn from this chapter will propel us into the work force. The information obtain will enlighten and project are skills in planning meetings and conferences in our work place. The ideas and topic prevent to us in this chapter teaches us how to demonstrate these finessed skill in our future employment. We will examine and elaborate on several fundamental concepts need to accomplish the task of arranging business conferences and meetings. The Essential ideas being discussed will be “procedure for prepare for a business meeting; checklist of activities to be completed before, after and during, classify the structures and procedures used; determine the most commo... [tags: workplace, agenda, schedule, ethics, location]
1292 words (3.7 pages)
- I always wanted to surround myself with knowledge and people that live and breathe event planning. My opportunity came at the 2010 Special Events conference in New Orleans, LA. The Special Event (2010) is the largest tradeshow and conference in the world for event professionals (2010, The Special Event). TSE allows attendees to make invaluable connections with thousands of key event industry notables and colleagues, experience education both inside and outside of the classroom environment, choose among over 100 relevant Conference Sessions and Training Workshops taught by hand-selected speakers, and discover thousands of event products and services on the Tradeshow Floor (2010, The Special E... [tags: event professionals]
1123 words (3.2 pages)
- As an employee of one of the largest private universities in the world, it’s extremely important for us to be professional at all times. The University of Phoenix (UOPX) is one of the largest private universities in the world with over 400,000 students currently attending. UOPX strives for excellences in maintaining our commitment to educating our community. UOPX is a unique organization because; we provide opportunities to individuals that are experts in organizational policies, conflict management, and how communication flows.... [tags: Organization Work Place Analysis]
1136 words (3.2 pages)
- Organization: Principals of Organization for the Technical Professional Organization is a broad topic that can be broken down in to several different sub categories. When we think of organization, we think of tidy shelves with individual labeled bins for all of our knick knacks, books and magazines or a closet full of neatly folded clothing and shoes meticulously arranged by color, function and style.... [tags: Organization Management]
1588 words (4.5 pages)