Congratulations! You’ve reached a managerial position. It’s critical now to keep yourself up to date with the latest skills and constantly develop your talents. There are literally thousands of training opportunities available to you on a daily basis throughout our country, take advantage of them.
2. Attend trainings as a group to enhance your learning experience.
Research indicates that if you attend a training with a friend, co-worker or your entire team, it dramatically enhances the learning experience. You’ll be in a position to hear each other’s questions and insights. You’ll be able to witness team members have creative and strategic breakthroughs. More importantly, you can share ideas and concepts more effectively because you all had a common learning experience.
3. Begin reading more magazines, websites, Google, periodicals and books pertaining to your expertise.
The average American reads or listens to less than one book per year after high school or college. We spend about 3 hours a day watching TV. In a lifetime, the average American spends about 2 years watching TV commercials, and 70% of our waking lives involved in social media. Somewhere is this mountain of wasted time we must be able to find a few minutes daily to improve ourselves by reading and learning. Did you know that if you devoted 1 hour a day to reading material in your chosen field, in 2 years you’d be an authority on that subject? By the 3rd year you’d be a national expert, and by the 5th year you’d be an international authority. Wow! In a managerial position, be sure you have a meager goal to be at least as smart and talented as the employ...
... middle of paper ...
...is the most time-sensitive.
• Not taking breaks – Statistically, people who do not take their breaks or eat lunch have a 61% drop in productivity.
• Ineffectively scheduling tasks – The most successful people write a list of tasks that need to be accomplished. If you write the list the night before and then accurately prioritize it, you will see a 25% increase in your productivity.
• A messy desk -While some people will argue that a messy desk is the perfect way to work, statistically, a messy desk causes a 32% drop in productivity.
8. Find the time to learn.
It will pay you in dividends with a more loyal team/staff. This new, fresh energy will trickle down to your customers and the excellent service they receive. Most of all, never be too busy to learn. It has been the downfall of many top managers. Sincerely pledge to yourself that you will for a lifetime remain
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In the school environment, it is always beneficial to build healthy relationships and have a wholesome rapport. The connection between schools, parents, and the community specifically has an essential role to play in the growth and development of its young people. In fact, they should all collaborate to encourage the welfare and learning of students. By involving parents and utilizing community resources, schools will be more prepared to handle student needs. The partnership will ultimately help children develop healthy behaviors and receive high-quality education.... [tags: High school, Education, College, School]
772 words (2.2 pages)
- Increasing Productivity through Trainings Organizations with effective training programs produce workers that are efficient to perform task and get desired results. When the employees are no longer producing quality work the organization needs to examine the methods given to the employees to accomplish their assign task. Landa (2000) reported, “Most supervisors and managers have experienced disappointment and frustration as an employee gradually slips from superior performance to acceptable and often lower still, or fails to meet the level of expectations established at hire.... [tags: Business Management ]
904 words (2.6 pages)
- Every Tuesday at seven-thirty, I attend seminar for my learning community, ECCO. ECCO is Educators in Context and Community, it provides you with the ability to learn more about education, see aspects through others eyes, and meet new friends. We are able to meet once a week and discuss new ideas or upcoming events. Through ECCO we are able to get extra field placements, which helps build our resumes, and it provides us more opportunities in the education field. It is a little more work than others may have if they are not in the learning community however it is worth it, especially if it helps me obtain my dream job in the future.... [tags: Education, Learning, Social class, Teacher]
702 words (2 pages)
- Training is recognized as one of the most imperative aspects of an organizations overall strategy and attainment of financial success. Benefits of training both the organization as well as the individualized employees are intangible and investing in appropriate types of training will aid in productivity and success for extended periods of time. “One of the most important benefits of training for an organization is that, it provides skills inside the organization which reduces overall cost of an organization’s operations” (Ansar, 2009).... [tags: employee growth, training obligations]
927 words (2.6 pages)
- Why do some teachers fail to provide a maximum learning experience for their students. I came up with three different concepts on how I can support my students to attain maximum learning experience in the classroom. One of the reasons why teachers cannot provide a maximum learning experience for their students is because teachers do not spend time exploring their students’ preferred learning style. Some teachers rely heavily on just one teaching style, closing the doors for students who cannot fully learn on one specific teaching style that teachers use.... [tags: teachers, learning experience, VAKT]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- The themes that will be covered in this year by the Prospanica conference are interesting and I would greatly like to take part in the conference ad improve my skills as well as get the best guide that will help me in achieving my future professional goals. The themes for this years conference are important in a number of ways thus making the conference to present one of the most important opportunities that I have been looking for to add up my professional knowledge as share with others what I have accomplished as I learn from them.... [tags: Learning, Management, Skill, Leadership]
1011 words (2.9 pages)
- Within the andragogical model described by Knowles, Holton, and Swanson (2015), adults need learning experiences that are different than those found in the pedagogical model. Instead of waiting for experiences that are directed and controlled by a teacher, adults need to have a clear rationale and understanding for the learning, feel past experiences are valuable, and have a developed internal system for motivation in order to help a learning experience be successful. The connection and orientation to the learning task, the readiness to learn, and self-concept are other important ideas to adult learning.... [tags: Knowledge, Learning, Education]
1791 words (5.1 pages)
- Service Learning Project – Attend a Jewish Synagogue Service I have attended a Christian church my whole life. While I have attended various denominations, I have always considered myself to be non-denominational, not favoring one over the other. The only other churches I have ever attended were Catholic; I have had other family members practice this faith and so have always been a guest with them if I have gone and had the services feel fairly familiar. When we were given the project to go and attend a different religion’s church I wasn’t sure what to expect.... [tags: Judaism, Torah, Synagogue, Christian Church]
796 words (2.3 pages)
- The world we live in is getting busier by the second. What a scary concept to continue your education all the while meeting life’s high demands- rent, utilities, and food. When a person pictures learning, more often than not a classroom will come to mind where the student is learning from the teacher. This is the very essence of formal learning- teacher lectures, student takes notes, and then exams are given. In contrast, informal learning is “where learners are participating in intentional or unintentional experiences outside school settings (Looi page 3, 2nd paragraph).” In this regard, online learning is considered to be an informal learning experience.... [tags: Education, Virtual learning environment]
1086 words (3.1 pages)
- My First Learning Team Experience My involvement in the Learning Team environment at the University has been a great learning experience. When we were assigned teams at the end of the first week, I did not really know what to expect. I have worked on teams numerous times in my career, both in the professional and private sectors. The teams I have worked on have always been to either produce a product or improve a process. Learning has always been a part of these teams, but I have never been on a team whose specific purpose was centered on learning.... [tags: Personal Narrative Learning Cognition]
1946 words (5.6 pages)