Before the attacks on September 11th 2001, The Twin Towers transcended above Manhattan, as the tallest buildings in the area, and the second tallest in the Nation. The seventh building of the World Trade Center was the only one to have a different address than the other buildings on the block because it was built ten years after the twin towers. Along with the Twin Towers, the seventh building was also flattened No one expected the...
... middle of paper ...
... I: To the Fall of the Towers." Day of 9/11 - Part I: To the Fall of the Towers. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
CNN. Cable News Network, n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
“Ground Zero.” Https://www.nysm.nysed.gov/wtc/recovery/groundzero.html. New York State Education Department, n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
"Flight 93 Memorial | Fast Facts." Flight 93 Memorial | Fast Facts. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2014.
"10 Years Later: How Did the 9/11 Attacks Change America?" UC Berkeley NewsCenter. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
"Facts About the Operations of the 9/11." 911memorial.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 20 Mar. 2014.
"September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance | United We Serve." September 11th National Day of Service and Remembrance | United We Serve. N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar. 2014.
"9/11: The Day of the Attacks." The Atlantic. Atlantic Media Company, 08 Sept. 2011. Web. 26 Mar. 2014.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Claim Analysis - This isn 't a 'legal ' matter, this is war After the terrorist attacks of September 11th, 2001 there was an uproar of negative attitudes and hatred toward people living in the Middle East. Racism towards people who practiced Islam and participated in the wearing of head coverings called "Hijab" was everywhere you looked. The families of victims of the attacks had good reason to be upset and wanting to avenge their family member that perished in the World Trade Center, Pentagon, or United Airlines Flight 93.... [tags: United States, Al-Qaeda, September 11 attacks]
1092 words (3.1 pages)
- ... The commander of the fleet radioed “TORA. TORA. TORA!” to his crew. (Pearl Harbor Film) Instantly torpedo bombs dropped to Hawaiian shallow seas. Bombs were being dropped over our ships and destroying our naval basis. It was clear that the Japanese we not going to show any mercy. Within Five minutes of the attack U.S. military officials had started attacking back at the Japanese. (Pearl Harbor Film) We were at a disadvantage because the Japanese had destroyed many of many of our battle ships.... [tags: veteran, prevent, survived, images]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- September 11, 2001 is a day that has changed the lives in America forever. On this day, terrorist’s hijacked four planes. Each plane was on a mission to hit four historical buildings: The White House, the Pentagon, and the North and South Towers of the World Trade Center. Two planes managed to crash into the North and South Tower, causing the buildings to collapse to the ground. The third plane managed to hit a part of the Pentagon, and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Pennsylvania. Americans shriek of horror when remembering this day.... [tags: terrorism, twin towers, terrorist attacks]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- On the date of September 11th, 2001 tragedy struck and shook our nation. On 9/11 four planes got hijacked and came straight towards United States soil. At the time no one was aware of what had happened until it was too late. The first two planes had hit the north and south building of the World Trade Center. The third plane rammed straight into the Pentagon and the fourth was heading towards Washington, DC became reacquired by brave American citizens who lost their lives when the plane went down in Pennsylvania.... [tags: September 11 attacks, World Trade Center]
718 words (2.1 pages)
- On September 11th, 2001, 19 Iraqi hijackers forever altered the lives of millions of innocent muslims across the world. These hijackers compromised a total of four planes and guided each to hit a certain target. The world witnessed the World Trade Centers’ alarming collapse to the ground, and the side of the pentagon turn to dust. Estimated number of 3,000 Americans1 died on this day, resulting in the most wide-spread witch-hunt in history of mankind. Speaking on the night of the attack, President George W.... [tags: terrorism, terrorist attacks, muslims]
774 words (2.2 pages)
- The attacks of September 11th, 2001 were carried out by four different planes hijacked by 19 hijackers. One of the planes hit the North Twin Tower in New York City, and another hitting the South Twin Tower in New York City. One hitting the Pentagon and another crashed into a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania with an unknown route. Over 2,900 people were killed in the nine-eleven attacks. These attacks were a changing point in American society because it increased the security in American airports, started a war in Iraq and Afghanistan which have continued for moare than ten years, brought out racism and discrimination against Muslim and Islamic people, and demonstrated Americ... [tags: September 11 Terrorism Essays]
1465 words (4.2 pages)
- Ever since the attacks of the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11th 2001, America has never been the same. After this horrific event America has made many numerous changes to make sure that this would never happen again like making changes to air travel security to border protection changes and many government and leadership changes. One of the first things America has tried to change since then is air travel and travel security. One change that caused many controversies was adding body scanning machines instead of using the old method which was a metal detector.... [tags: world trade center, terrorist attack]
577 words (1.6 pages)
- We 've all heard the infamous story about the September 11th attacks on the World Trade Centers in New York City. Many of these are theories, facts, and maybe even lies. The official story is one that is very cold and gruesome. On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group "Al-Qaeda" hijacked four airlines and carried out suicide attacks in the United States (9/11). Over 3,100 people were killed during the attacks in New York, and Washington D.C. including more than 450 police officers and firefighters.... [tags: September 11 attacks, Al-Qaeda, Osama bin Laden]
1478 words (4.2 pages)
- The terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 were horrific and traumatic events that affected not only the United States but had global ramifications as well. The events of that day produced immediate and long term effects on numerous aspects of society. The human tragedy in the loss of human life was immeasurable. The societal effects of 9/11 continue to be present even today as the war against terror continues. It is difficult to measure the societal impacts, but the economic cost of the attacks, have been and continue to be measured.... [tags: September 11 attacks, United States, September 11]
724 words (2.1 pages)
- First shock, then terror, followed by sorrow and lastly rage were my emotions on September 11th, 2001 when a hijacked airliner crashed into the Twin Towers in New York City. Tunh. Tunh. Tunh. All circuits are busy; please try again at a later time. This message kept repeating as I tried to call my cousin in New York, who was working in the South Tower. At the time the American Airlines flight 11 just moments earlier crashed into the North Tower. I sat in my house in shock and terror. Then at 9:05 am, about twenty minutes after the first collision, United Airlines flight 175 crashed into the South Tower.... [tags: September 11 Terrorism Essays]
1078 words (3.1 pages)