One of the main issues I really remembered discussing was to “not put all of my eggs in one basket”, when I mentioned that I had applied for the Fort Wayne Police Department. I was told that it was great that I had figured out more of a direction to go in after my internship but to keep my options open to different agencies and different departments. I have really taken that consideration to heart and have expanded my job horizons. I have looked into joining the Allen County Reserve program, I put in an application to be a volunteer coroner, and I also check the online city and county job postings at least every week.
D. Mid-Term Meeting
Attending the Mid-Term Meeting was an excellent experience and I feel like it was very beneficial to my internship. I loved hearing all of the other interns’ stories about their agencies and what they thought was one of the highlights of their experien...
... middle of paper ...
...om Michael and a lot of horribly funny jail stories from Rebecca. Rebecca once told a story about an inmate who would smear her feces all over the walls of her jail cell because she believed that was the only way to prevent the aliens from impregnating her. Hearing everyone’s stories was definitely one of the highlights of my internship. I had the opportunity to hear stories from firefighters, detectives, vice and narcotics officers, and crime scene investigators. It really helped me see the real side of criminal justice operations. I had told everyone that I was applying for the Fort Wayne Police Department and that I was worried about not passing the physical fitness test. Word spread, and everyone who came into the office offered me their hints and tips for the application process, it was very helpful and it was really nice to know that people were rooting for me.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this essay, I am going to look at the Romano-British site of Piddington Roman Villa. I will look at its typically distinctive Roman features, and its British features. I will draw a conclusion based on finds to see which features I think are most distinctive on this particular site. I will also comment on how local populations might have adapted to cultural changes. The site is known to have been in use for an extremely long period of time. There is archaeological evidence of remnants of activity from as early as 8,000 BC.... [tags: Roman, British Features, Culture Changes]
1503 words (4.3 pages)
- My Favorite Web Site and Why Some Works Cited Missing In contrast to most of the other people in this class, I had never done any net surfing. So to prepare for this paper I explored the WWW for approximately seven hours. This helped to create an impression on me of what constitutes a good Web site. Finally, I decided on a favorite SF/CP Web site and I asked myself what made this site better than others. The Web site is dedicated to William Gibson (Foley) site which scrolls a picture of the writer on the site projecting an air of authority.... [tags: Analysis Web Design Essays]
1470 words (4.2 pages)
- The religious site that I visited is named Beth Israel Worship Center, a Messianic Congregation, located at 11 Railroad Ave, Wayne NJ 07470. I attended Beth Israel’s service on Tuesday, September 29th 2015 at 8pm. The service specifically focused on the holy day called “Sukkot” also meaning the Feast of Tabernacles. Sukkot is held during Autumn of each year, on the 15th day of Tishri. This year Sukkot began on September 27th, 2015 and will end on October 4th, 2015. Sukkot is a Jewish holiday which is celebrated for nine days by the Orthodox and the Conservative Jews inside and outside of Israel.... [tags: Judaism, Torah, Halakha, Israel]
1335 words (3.8 pages)
- ... Kid’s who visit the hall will enjoy several activities including a treasure hunt. Independence Hall in Philadelphia, PA The Independence Hall is a majestic red brick building in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The building constitutes a bell tower, a steeple and two building connectors. The Declaration of Independence was formally pronounced here in 1776. The nation’s constitution was also signed here. The hall is open 365 days, but visitors must obtain a ticket. Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, PA The Liberty Bell is a famous symbol of freedom.... [tags: Benjamin Franklin]
755 words (2.2 pages)
- I was fortunate enough to be able to go on a site visit to Miami. My duties consisted of taking detailed notes of what the client described and possible percentages that we could use while developing documentation. The director of the project is phenomenal at making every situation that I was presented with a learning experience. I thought that I would just be taking notes over the course of the three days because I had little knowledge and understanding about the specifics of this client’s day to day activities and the jargon associated with it, but the director was able to find a section that would allow me to ask the client some questions.... [tags: Full-time, Part-time, Employment classifications]
1278 words (3.7 pages)
- Located on Little Sarasota Bay in Osprey Florida on a thirty acre land, Historic Spanish Point is a museum and an environmental complex operated by the Gulf Coast Heritage Association. The museum includes an archeological exhibit of pre historic shell mound as a midden, a chapel, boatyard, nature trails, a citrus packing house and a turn-of-the-century pioneer homestead historic house museum (Burnett, 1986). The Historic Spanish Point is the earliest Archaeological site to be listed in the national Register of Historic places and offers excellent leisurely walking tours to numerous visitors who regularly tour this site all year round.... [tags: Archeology ]
2135 words (6.1 pages)
- ... Utilize Clear, Unambiguous Copywriting Statements are usually essential to your website’s achievements. The best way to ensure you are usually distinct sufficient with your statements, nav trademarks, and even one 's body replicate, is to ask yourself if the phrases might indicate something different throughout an additional situation. Whenever they may, then you definitely likely will be way too hazy. Continuous using this type of considered, ask yourself: “Would some sort of 15-year-old know very well what I actually do or perhaps offer.... [tags: World Wide Web, Website, Web page, Internet]
1748 words (5 pages)
- I was asked to create a piece of artwork for a specific community site. Two or three dimensional techniques could be used to create for example, a mural, painting, digital piece, sculpture, or interactive piece. As required, I came up with ideas and developed them in several ways to show different possibilities and solutions for my idea, which I took forward to create my final artwork which was placed in my chosen location. After reading the brief, I started searching for a suitable site. I considered some places that may have a wall space that needed a lift or something to help make it feel, and look more unique.... [tags: Idea, Thought, Mind, The Final]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- ... How you can tell if this is a good site by, the main page, all they ask for to register, or how people look like in the profile picture. There are many more reasons why you choose the online dating sites for you. It always comes down to how much it cost just for finding your true love. Some of these dating sites are free like PlentyOfFish and OkCupid. Some of the most popular sites do have a charge fee. For example, in 2011, “Match charged $35 for a 1-month membership, $60 for a 3-month membership, and $102 for a 6-month membership; eHarmony charged $60 for a 1-month membership, $120 for a 3-month membership, and $180 for a 6-month membership (www3.nd.edu/~ghaeffel/OnineDating_Aron.pdf).... [tags: Online dating service, Dating, EHarmony]
779 words (2.2 pages)
- Business Plan for Internet Site - Crowdz.com 1. 0 Executive Summary There are 3 major elements that helped incubate the idea behind Crowdz.com™™. The first element would be individuals, the average Joe on the street. The second, organizations that cater solely to entertainment more specifically, Clubs. Third the banning of cigarette companies from advertising direct nor indirectly in Malaysia. Crowdz.com™™ has its total idea, image, and vision to thank for by the presences of individuals, specific age group 18 – 35 years old, with no idea as to where to party for the weekend or any other day for that matter.... [tags: essays research papers]
8030 words (22.9 pages)
- Linda Brent And Dr. Flint
- South Korea Vs. North Korea And United States Of America
- Themes Of The Met And Moma
- The Effects Of First Person Narration ' The Cask Of Amontillado '
- The Taming Of The Shrew And The 90 's Film : 10 Things I Hate About You
- Understanding Intercultural Communication At Thich Hanh 's Peace