It is the goal of this organization to implement the policies necessary to achieve the appropriate level of protection for each corporate asset.
Protecting each asset requires collaboration from every employee. Different assets have a different probability of failure do to vulnerabilities, threats and require annual information security training for each employee.
A true security program includes an Asset Identification & Classification Policies, therefore, identifying and categorizing, tracking and managing assets require one to create and implement an inventory control list according to the recommendation outline in NIST 800-53 Rev. 4 Security and Privacy Controls for Federal Information Systems and Organization.
The classification of assets in accordance business need in the event of disaster is critical to this organization, therefore the classification scheme require the approval of the Chief Information Officer and the head of building security.
This assessment/classification of assets must include the following parameters:
• Identifying the type of asset including (network components, devices (laptops, workstations, servers, routers, and data)
• Rating of each asset identified
• Data classification
o Based on roles and responsibility and access privileges
It is imperative to conduct an annual assessment management.
Asset Management and Protection Policy
Today an organization has must take every precaution to manage and protection their assets including its offshore, physical, and IT Infrastructure assets. The need for Asset Management and Protection is a harsh reality and by design will not only ...
... middle of paper ...
...the marketplace, increase profit, and comply with both external and internal policies and procedures, including federal laws and regulations. It is imperative before an organization begins to discuss, design or implement policies a clear understanding of hardening and the benefits of a layered defense at key “point on the network (public and private), at the server, and at the desktop. Policies written by an organization, which encompasses guidelines or mandates from a government entity are therefore ensure a layered approach.
SANS Institute. (2003). Global Information Assurance Certification Paper. Retrieved from http://www.giac.org/paper/gsec/3908/layered-security-model-osi-information-security/106272
SANS Institute. (2003). Global Information Assurance Certification Paper. Retrieved from http://www.giac.org/paper/gsec/2599/layered-security/104465
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- According to Investopedia (Asset Allocation Definition, 2013), asset allocation is an investment strategy that aims to balance risk and reward by distributing a portfolio’s assets according to an individual’s goals, risk tolerance and investment horizon. There are three main asset classes: equities, fixed-income, cash and cash equivalents; but they all have different levels of risk and return. A prudent investor should be careful in allocating each asset class to his portfolio. Proper asset allocation is a highly debatable subject and is not designed equally for everybody, but is rather based on the desires and needs of the individual investor.... [tags: Asset Allocation Essays]
1614 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction “According to Forrester Research, American workers spend $404 billion annually, or 11% of all U.S. wages, looking for the information they need to do their jobs. Giving employees the right tools to stay afloat in a data and knowledge-driven workplace is imperative across the board.” With the world of digital data growing exponentially year on year, the above quote could just represent a mere drop in the ocean when accounting for the time workers spend looking for information.... [tags: Digital Asset Management]
2896 words (8.3 pages)
- ... For example, if we are classifying a company that is in the Dairy business, they would be given a code that the first two digits indicate that they are specifically in the business of Dairy. Then the third digit would specify that they are either in the Cheese or the Yogurt business. This system was established in order to decrease the chances of making a mistake when classifying what type of product an industry is dedicated to. (The North American Industry Classification System in the Current Employment Statistics Program, 2014) SIC codes are used by agencies such as the Census Bureau, Bureau of Labor Statistics, the IRS and Social Security.... [tags: classification, businesses, coding]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- 4. THEORITICAL BACKGROUND Since the originative works of Fama (1965 and 1970), where an efficient market from the informational execution point of view was defined as one where “stock prices ‘fully reflect’ all available information” (Fama 1970) and market efficiency was categorized into three levels: weak-form, semi-strong form and strong-form. First of all, the information set through weak form efficiency, reflects only the historical prices or returns. Second of all, the information set in semi-strong form efficiency, contains information available to all market participants.... [tags: finance, classifications, efficiency]
1969 words (5.6 pages)
- The innovation of the RFID chip or the Radio Frequency Identification has been a critical piece of technology that has been around since the early/mid 20th century (est 1938). Functions of a radio frequency identification (RFID) tagging system involves a tag and a reader. When scanned, the antenna within the tag picks up the radio wave and sends a response back to the reader. This technology is being used for both short range and also long range identification, in the short-range identification category, this innovation is used in practical applications like credit cards (pay wave, tap and go ect...), animal identification (domestic pets, farm animals).... [tags: Radio Frequency Identification]
1939 words (5.5 pages)
- Classification of Movie Goers Many people go to the movies. The movies are an escape into a fantasy world. Everyone has a different preference on what kind of movie is the best. Romance, horror, action, and comedy are different types of movies. The kind of movie someone goes to see can give clues to what kind of person they are. People who prefer horror films obviously like to be grossed out or like to be frightened. The horror fans probably tend to enjoy suspense and anxiety. One might suspect these people love to go on frightening roller coaster rides or do other things that would cause suspense and anxiousness.... [tags: Classification Essay ]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- A French philosopher by the name of Bertrand de Jouvenel once said “The phenomenon called authority is at once more ancient and more fundamental than the phenomenon called state; the natural ascendancy of some men over others is the principle of all human organizations and all human advances”. Authority is and always has been present in human civilization in all aspects of life and in different forms. Authority can be classified into three categories: family or parental authority, organizational and bureaucratic authorities, and political authority.... [tags: Classification Essay, Social Studies]
559 words (1.6 pages)
- Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Radio frequency identification, or RFID, is a generic term for technologies that use radio waves to automatically identify people or objects. There are several methods of identification, but the most common is to store a serial number that identifies a person or object, and perhaps other information, on a microchip that is attached to an antenna (the chip and the antenna together are called an RFID transponder or an RFID tag). The antenna enables the chip to transmit the identification information to a reader.... [tags: microchip radio waves identification]
785 words (2.2 pages)
- Argument Against a National Identification System The concept of a national ID card has been debated in the United States for over three decades. In the past, the opposition as well as its allies has been strong. As a result of the September 11th terrorist attacks there has been new interest in the concept of national ID cards. While this idea is not all a new, it is closer to becoming more of a reality than ever, gaining the approval by the key members of congress. Currently the Bush Administration objects this renewed idea, however due to the intense emotion from the recent terrorist attacks the nation is closer to the idea than ever before.... [tags: ID Identification Argumentative Essays]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Classifications of Beer What's more refreshing on a hot summer day than an ice cold beer. How about drinking a cold one with some friends at a local bar after a hard day's work, sounds satisfying doesn't it. Beer has been around for hundreds years and will be around for hundreds more. A beer is any variety of alcoholic beverages produced by the fermentation of starchy material derived from grains or other plant sources.... [tags: Classification Essay]
1332 words (3.8 pages)