Today, timothy hay is a major Kittitas County cash crop, generating $35 to $38 million paid to the farmers and an additional $80 million or so pumped into the economy as farmers then “spend money on everything from equipment to labor, according to the Kittitas County Chamber of Commerce” (Don, 2014). Although not a labor intensive crop, “the growing, storage and distribution of timothy hay is an important component of the local economy” (Don, 2014). While this may seem unrelated, this is important to understanding the local economy of Kittitas...
... middle of paper ...
...ealthy behaviors and preventive care would go a long way in improving the health of Kittitas County residents. The plan with this is to fill the position by December 2016. This will allow for time to implement policies, programs, and/or activities to encourage and support health in the workplace as well as personal life by December 2017. The quick turnaround in this action plan is the fact the county already has some positive health behaviors in place. Kittitas County is significantly better than Washington State in bicycle helmet use in youth and teen pregnancy rates. National targets have also been met in adult obesity, adult physical activity, breastfeeding, and teen condom use. Should this be paired with more healthful food choices and other positive behaviors, health of the county will go up, stress will go down, and Kittitas County will have a happier populace.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Community Settings for Family Health Nurses Community family health nurses deliver care for families in diverse settings in a community. The different areas that the community nurse is affiliated with are home visiting programs, community nursing centers, public health departments, and home and community education. This paper will address these facilities in my community in addition to access to these resources. In addition, the families in the community that will benefit will also be addressed.... [tags: Health care, Public health, Health, Nursing]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Joivita Bradford assisted in collecting and maintaining contact information for a variety of workgroups, coalitions, and networks led by the local health department. The information placed in a centralized location supported employees and senior staff to improve communication efforts and met programmatic goals. The Community Health Needs Assessment Steering Committee directory comprised of over one hundred leaders from organizations throughout the community who are invited to participate in evaluations and events.... [tags: Health economics, Health care, Health]
1520 words (4.3 pages)
- Administrative Requirements Joivita Bradford supported staff, including senior management, to improve communication efforts and met programmatic goals. She assisted in collecting and maintaining the participants contact information for workgroups, coalitions, and networks led by the local health department. The information placed in a centralized location increased response rates and improved efficiency. The Community Health Needs Assessment Steering Committee directory comprised of contact information for over one hundred leaders from organizations throughout the community who are invited to participate in evaluations and events.... [tags: Health economics, Health care, Public health]
1755 words (5 pages)
- Community Health Nursing role and Assessment of Phoenix Zip Code 85007 Healthcare in America is changing with increasing focus on health prevention and promotion of healthy living. The passing of Obama Care has renewed efforts within communities for education about disease related issues. The role of the Community Health Nurse (CHN) is defined as nursing care that is population-focused and community-oriented (Maurer & Smith, 2013). CHN’s center their nursing practice within the population selected and strive to meet the critical needs to the area.... [tags: Health care, Health, Phoenix, Arizona]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- East Side Community Assessment and Windshield Survey According to Allender, Rector, and Warner (2014), public health is a combination of both an art and a science (2014). The mission of public health nursing is to promote health, prevent disease and ultimately prolong life (Allender et al., 2014). In order for this to occur an assessment must take place. An aggregate or community assessment begins with a collection of data. This includes: the community’s health needs, risks, environmental conditions, financial resources through local census data, and a windshield survey (Allender et al., 2014).... [tags: East Side community assessment, windshield]
1847 words (5.3 pages)
- As a nurse, taking care of others and providing education and resources on a vulnerable population, so that patients may take care of themselves, is a great accomplishment. Looking back at the young families and older adults of the Indigenous Australian community that were seen in our temporary global outreach clinic, I could not help but think of the slogan “Think Globally, Act Locally" (Shapiro, 2010). The trip was also a success in providing access to healthcare, education, and support for the Indigenous people of Australia.... [tags: health, closing the service gap]
2091 words (6 pages)
- assumptions I had formed and complete this community assessment objectively. First, my partner and I began our assessment by looking at data from the municipal census. This investigation confirmed that the average household income in these four neighborhoods ($90,845) is higher than the average household income in the larger City of Edmonton ($57,360) (City of Edmonton, 2014). Our data analysis from the City of Edmonton census (2014) also showed us that this community is a very culturally diverse population, with approximately 77% of the population with North American, British or European origins, and 43% of the population from Asian, French, African, Caribbean, Aboriginal, and South Americ... [tags: Nursing, Culture, Health care, Health]
1530 words (4.4 pages)
- In the United States, community health field is anchored in the history of innovations of public health methods and programs aids at reducing risk factor prevalence, decreasing acute and chronic disease burden and injury occurrence, and promoting health (Goodman, Bunnel, Posner, 2014). “Community Health refers to the health status of a defined group of people and the actions and conditions, both private and public (governmental), to promote, protect, and preserve their health” (McKenzie et al., 2005).... [tags: Epidemiology, Health, Public health]
957 words (2.7 pages)
- The first learning goal is gaining insight on factors which affect the health of the community. I believe this learning topic is directly tied to the concept of holistic nursing. The American Holistic Nurses association states: Holistic nursing is a specialty practice that draws on nursing knowledge, theories, expertise and intuition to guide nurses in becoming therapeutic partners with people in their care. This practice recognizes the totality of the human being - the interconnectedness of body, mind, emotion, spirit, social/cultural, relationship, context, and environment (American Holistic Association, 2015, para 2).... [tags: Public health, Health care, Health]
791 words (2.3 pages)
- Week six concentrated on the assessment and planning processes that result in the policies, programs, and services that public health professionals use to intervene in major public health problems. I also noticed and learned the importance of the stakeholders to the successful outcome of community projects. I realized that the people who live and work in the communities are the most affected by the assessments, plans, and interventions enacted by the public health department and hence, must be included in the decisions processes of proposed projects.... [tags: Public health, Health, Health care]
1590 words (4.5 pages)
- Influential Grand Old Party Candidates
- My Life With A Baby Monitor
- The Elements And Structure Of Hell By Dante 's Inferno
- A Report On Coupled Infiltration And Filtration Behaviours Of Concrete Porous Pavement For Storm Water Management
- My School At The United States
- The Ethics Of The Assistant Supervisor Touched On The Client