The other threat of outsourcing is loss of the technical knowledge that means a client gradually lose their understanding of the service over time. For example, when provider deliver innovative services, the client can have the problem such as they can’t be transfer and also the firm may lose the capacity to stay up to date with the technological breakthrough.
Lack of expertise also is one of main threats outsourcing. It can be difficult to find the third parties or other people with a proven team of experts who are experienced in industry being serviced such as in specific computer application, programming languages and more. It will be happen when they had to use the manual ways to provide lists of their staff with their resumes, and should retain the right to approve any substitutes.
Beside that, staff problem also is a threat of outsourcing because they as workers face an uncertain situation which provokes anxiety, low morale, and feeling of insecurity which can lead to a decrease in their productivity levels. These will also cause if some of the staff who have...
... middle of paper ...
...on of the outsourcing.
When all threat of outsourcing is considered that’s mean it is a continual process to use the outsourcing should be reviewed and to ensure the protection mechanism of information. In terms of security also needs to ensure and make an assessment for addressing security within an organization.
. 2013. . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.sans.org/reading-room/whitepapers/auditing/overview-threat-risk-assessment-76. [Accessed 23 December 2013].
. 2013. . [ONLINE] Available at: http://cdn.ttgtmedia.com/searchSecurity/downloads/Axelrod.pdf. [Accessed 23 December 2013].
. 2013. . [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.waset.org/journals/ijhss/v4/v4-3-24.pdf. [Accessed 23 December 2013].
. 2013. . [ONLINE] Available at: http://www.farrell-associates.com.au/Papers/IT%20Outsourcing%20Facts%20&%20Fantasies.pdf. [Accessed 23 December 2013].
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Risk are a major disadvantage with the Business Process Outsourcing. Outsourcing of Information Systems such as may cause security risks both from the perspective of the privacy and communication. The risks and threats of outsourcing must be managed to achieve any benefits. There is main threat IS / IT outsourcing threat in order to according to their significance. The hidden costs When the reducing the cost is the objective of outsourcing, there is usually the early promise to cash flow interest and the long term of cost savings.... [tags: risks and threats]
745 words (2.1 pages)
- Everything has its drawback. As we discuss, IS or IT outsourcing have its benefits, but if they were handle unethically, it could turn to a nightmare for any business processing outsourcing or BPO. The threat can be divided into two categories, which is internal and external. External threat usually can be prevented, and does not leave a huge impact on the business. On the other hand, the internal threat could really leave a huge impact in the business. External threat, usually are more open or public.... [tags: BPO, hackers, contractors]
918 words (2.6 pages)
- ... 2.2 Safety of confidential information. All banks are outlook to e-mail in confidence to sensitive customer data is exposed to the risk of being copied and then used or sold. Outsourcing provides access to third party that is customer the complete information from the bank. If the banks involved in a lot of industries that deal with sensitive information from customers, such as finance, banks can put information and their credibility at risk. There are some cases, the firm lowered to security attacks than employees who do not have a sense of trust and responsibility of the company or any of the shares of the bank information.... [tags: confidential, issue, risk, sources]
519 words (1.5 pages)
- ... Lower regulatory costs are an addition to companies saving money when outsourcing. Offshoring is the relocation by a company of a business process from one country to another typically an operational process, such as manufacturing, or supporting processes, such as accounting. Even state governments employ offshoring. More recently, offshoring has been associated primarily with the sourcing of technical and administrative services supporting domestic and global operations from outside the home country, by means of internal captive or external outsourcing delivery models.... [tags: regulations, taxes, costs, benefits]
616 words (1.8 pages)
- Outsourcing has been a topic of much discussion for decades among scholars, business people and employees who work for companies that often outsource many of their daily functions. Outsourcing takes away jobs from employees and leaves the impression that the company is greedy by trying to save money instead of keeping the jobs within the organization. When did outsourcing develop into the thing to do in organizations. Outsourcing started in the early 1970’s as a business strategy that allowed companies to focus on their core competencies while other functions are handled by providers with expertise (Davis & Davis, 2012).... [tags: Outsourcing, Management]
1031 words (2.9 pages)
- 1.Critically evaluate the competitive advantage that can be gained by companies through IS /IT outsourcing. Provide suitable example to support your answer Competitive advantage that can gained by companies through IS /IT outsourcing, external strategic resources can lower long-term capital investments by leveraging core competencies through strategic outsourcing. How so ever to improve efficiency, it will reduce the cost of using outsourcers and logistics services can also benefit from a third party logistics providers improve consistently.... [tags: cost, investment, wages]
540 words (1.5 pages)
- Assessing for the threats of validity is a challenge in the world of psychology today. Ensuring that a test is measuring what it is intended to measure is critical aspect in research. An assessment needs to be able to provide consistency of measures throughout time and assess what it is intended to measure. In research problems can occur and create falsified measures and results. Many companies, schools, and programs utilize assessments to achieve a goal, whether it’s to hire the best possible candidates, or to see if an individual fits the characteristics of a mental illness, assessments are used with the idea that they work.... [tags: Psychometrics, Assessment, Test, Psychology]
1185 words (3.4 pages)
- Nowadays, outsourcing is a viable expense sparing technique when used legitimately. It is now and again more affordable to buy an exceptional from organizations with comparative advantage than it is to prepare the great inside. As example of an assembling organization outsourcing might be Dell purchasing some of its components from an alternate producer to spare on handling expenses. Then again, organizations might choose to outsource book keeping duties to autonomous bookkeeping firms, as it may be cheaper than holding an in-house accountant.... [tags: IT, outsourcing]
2006 words (5.7 pages)
- While every organizations and company are enjoyed the benefits of IT outsourcing, the awareness of drawbacks and threats about outsourcing risk is also had been increased over the time. There has been a focus on the vulnerability of these risks and threats. In fact, the issues of security must be a part of outsourcing is not new. So, anyone looking at outsourcing needs to think carefully. It is very important and essential to understand the risks and to take all reasonable steps to keep them in a minimum.... [tags: risks and threats]
1065 words (3 pages)
- 1. Critically evaluate the competitive advantage that can be gained by companies through IS/IT outsourcing. Provide suitable example to support your answer. Globalization is forcing are many companies to further enhance their competitiveness in the fast moving the technology world. Software development outsourcing has been proven as a great success for many companies throughout the world. Outsourcing will reduce internal costs while allowing the company to focus on its core competencies. Reduce cost is one of the most powerful advantage using resources from outside is that it can reduce the cost of expenditure.... [tags: competitive advantage, computer system]
871 words (2.5 pages)