Weddings are an integral part of all cultures. The customs and traditions of the different culture vary from each other. Similarly Western weddings are quite different from the Asian weddings. A wedding cake is a very significant tradition of the Western weddings. Although not so significant, but the tradition of wedding cakes at Asian wedding is increasingly becoming popular. As such the Asian wedding cakes are baked in exquisite designs and delicious taste.
Meaning: The phrase ‘Asian wedding cakes’ is a comprehensive term meaning cakes of different countries or cultures in Asia, like Japanese wedding cakes, Chinese wedding cakes, Indian wedding cakes, Korean wedding cakes and so on. The diversities of the wedding culture or tradition of these countries have lead to a wide variety of wedding cake designs, patterns and also taste. The Asian wedding cakes thus reflect the individual choices of the couple on one hand, and ethnic features on the other.
Size, shape and color: The Asian wedding cakes are available in single-tier or multi-tiers. These come in various shapes like star, heart, flower-petal shapes, round, square and oval shapes. There are wonky-cakes and small cupcakes also. The colors used in these cakes portray an Oriental touch. Sometimes the use of some color is highly influenced by the rich culture of that nation. For example, a Japanese wedding cake should incorporate the use of red color. Other cake colors are white, off-white, ivory, yellow, blue, orange, black, pink, dark brown, violet which should correspond with the flavor of the wedding cakes.
Taste: The flavors of the wedding cakes range from fruit-flavor to various unusual combinations like buttercream and lemon, buttercream and e...
... middle of paper ...
...cake will be surrounded by red and orange edible flower petals. The top of the cake will be decorated with red , yellow and orange flowers like roses, lilies etc. rich chocolate fondant design will ornament the cake.
• A black and white wonky cake or colorful candy cake will satisfy the viewers. Intricate designs on the black and white cake and small colorful candies glued on the candy cake will really look gorgeous.
• A square three-tiered red and white cake with Asian fan and chopsticks as cake topper will give the feel of a Chinese food. Hand-decorated Chinese noodles will look brilliant on the cake.
• For an Indian themed wedding you can choose a round multi-tiered cake. Bright colors like red, tallow, green will suit the particular theme. Intricate sari designs and embroidery, fondant flowers, gold embroidery will bring out the Indian theme perfectly.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- There are very few once in a lifetime events quite like your wedding day. From the flowers and dress to the flavor of the cake, the option to plan and personalize your wedding with your own unique wedding ideas is truly in your court. And we 've all been to dozens of weddings that follow the standard format - the rehearsal and subsequent dinner, the wedding ceremony where the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and couple walked formally down the aisle, and, finally, the reception, where dancing and dinner is bound to follow.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding cake]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- Many objects in society are used to convey messages to people but they can also symbolize different feminist concepts. There are more objects that are being seen from a different view point to symbolize different concepts. One such object is wedding cake toppers. Wedding cake toppers are connected to heteronormativity. Wedding cake toppers can be used as a symbol for heteronormativity and connected to Women and Gender studies. Wedding cake toppers are small statues on top of the bride and groom’s wedding cake for the wedding reception.... [tags: heteronormativity, homosexuality]
1059 words (3 pages)
- Perhaps you have always dreamed of a winter wedding, or want to simply be married during the least busy marriage months (see article on how to save for your wedding). Regardless of the reason, winter weddings don’t get enough recognition as they deserve. Sure, it’s colder outside which makes finding the proper dress a little more complicated, but getting married in the winter can be just as romantic – if not more so – as weddings in the hotter months. Below, we will discuss the top 23 winter wedding ideas to ensure you have the winter wedding you most deserve and dream of.... [tags: Wedding, Marriage, Wedding ring, Engagement ring]
1325 words (3.8 pages)
- A chocolate cake should be easy and fun to make at home with friends, family, or even your children. They could help you and learn how to make a chocolate cake too. It could be a perfect cake for a birthday party, friends to come over, or a Thanksgiving and Christmas party dessert. The decadent dessert is great for chocolate lovers and will be a hit at your next party. The cake shouldn 't take you long to make it, but you will make a lot of mess doing the cake. Making a decision chocolate cracks cake would be a great treat that you will enjoy.... [tags: Milk, Chocolate, Cake, Butter]
879 words (2.5 pages)
- The Economics on How To Cake It How To Cake It is a YouTube channel that shows the steps taken to create cakes that do not look like cakes (they often times are made to look like other foods). This show relates to the ideas of economics in many ways. The first few ways are focused on how people make decisions. In the show How To Cake It every week they create a different themed cake. They make this choice each week based on suggestions in the comments of the previous videos. Their team must then choose from the top two suggestions and choose the theme they’d like to do for that week.... [tags: Baking, Economics, Cake]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- My Fairytale Wedding Six months of planning of intense wedding planning is what it took to day the most magical day of my life. I had to plan everything from the colors to the one song we would choose to have our first dance to. While planning and stressing out over all the details I never stopped to think about what it was going to all be put together. Since I was a little girl I have had so many things that I have wanted to have on my wedding day, well I got them all and then some with the man of my dreams.... [tags: Marriage, Wedding, 2006 albums]
1186 words (3.4 pages)
- Personalize Your Wedding | Outdoor Wedding Venues Fort Worth If you would like to personalize your wedding, the following tips can assist you in your goal as you plan for your special day at Paradise Cove’s outdoor wedding venues in Fort Worth. Personalize Your Cake Ask your baker to recreate flowers, ruffles or other favorite features of your wedding gown and/or veil on your wedding cake. Plan an ice bar with flowers or fruit, frozen in the bar. Lay colorful LED lights near the bottom edges, for a super cool bar during an evening reception.... [tags: Wedding, White wedding, Wedding reception]
702 words (2 pages)
- In As Long As We Both Shall Love: The White Wedding in Postwar America, Karen Dunak reflects the traditional white wedding through the displays of the aspects of the ritual. Through Dunak’s research, she encompasses all of the crucial aspects of a white wedding ritual, such as the purity of the white dress, the religion of the Church, as well as the publicity of the wedding. Throughout the book, Dunak proves the significance of such events to the wedding culture. In relations to my parent’s wedding, they combined many of Dunak’s white wedding elements with unique elements of their own to accommodate the ritual to their liking.... [tags: Wedding, White wedding, Marriage, Family]
1223 words (3.5 pages)
- Christina Rossetti's No Thank-You John and Robert Graves' A Slice of Wedding Cake Poetry is a completely malleable form of expression that writers use as an outlet for emotion and advocacy. Because each poet is distinct in form and content, a poet may harbor some characteristics that bare a resemblance to work of another. If there is no room for comparison, a poem may have a literary complement that sets up an interesting contrast between poems, or a poem may reinforce the ideas of another poem.... [tags: Compare Contrast Poetry Graves Rossetti Essays]
1683 words (4.8 pages)
- The Wedding Project One of the most significant days in a person's life is her wedding day. To ensure that such a momentous event goes off without a hitch, appropriate planning is required. And when it comes to wedding planning, picking one's partner could very well be the easiest of all the planning decisions to make. Months will be spent prior to the wedding researching vendors, comparing products and prices, meeting with photographers, hotel managers, and many more wedding vendors to determine how to save costs on each wedding item (Hammond, 2007).... [tags: Planning Wedding Organization]
1128 words (3.2 pages)