My fascination for the amazing field has neither ceased nor diminished. The innovative marvels of this field continue to surprise us and have virtually all sections of society under their sway; undoubtedly this machine makes fiction seem like reality and vice versa. To learn more about this amazing discipline, I opted for Computer Science and Engineering in my undergraduate program. Once I understood the basics I became increasingly interested in Data Structure, Algorithms, Machine Learning, Compilers and Parallel Computing. However, as I progressed with my courseware I realized that what is taught at the undergraduate level needs to be complimented with a graduate study if one is to take it to a higher and more detailed level. Graduate study will add volumes to the basics and assist me harnessing a far more in depth knowledge and understanding ...
... middle of paper ...
...as I was not fully able to demonstrate my talent as a research scientist during my undergraduate, I wish to pursue Masters first at UCB proving myself as a student with required aptitude to pursue a doctorate degree. In this way I hope UCB would see me as a true Ph.D. aspirant.
I look forward to being a part of a diverse cultural setup as I await the opportunity to interact with students from across the globe at your university. As a member of the student body I will attempt to familiarize my new mates with the diverse cultural traditions of my country and inculcate in my personality a requisite and desirous mix of different customs and practices of the wide-ranging students from divergent countries.
I look forward to an exhilarating learning experience at your university and wish that you give me an opportunity to make a concrete start towards achieving my goals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Even as a young kid I was always fascinated by computers. I remember watching for hours as my father worked on our first personal computer, waiting for a moment when I would be allowed to play around with it. And when I was given controls, even for a short time, I was thoroughly excited. I was very fortunate that my father allowed me to experiment with our computer. In no time I was helping my father when he got stuck with computers. Since then I have never been able to quench my thirst for knowledge about computers.... [tags: Computer Engineering, UCB, artificial intelligence]
1290 words (3.7 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence Artificial Intelligence once something that people thought could only come out of science fiction novels and movies. But today that could all change because of a robot called Cog. Cog is an artificial intelligence that it’s creators have given a body. He is the future of AI and a new beginning for the field. His creator , Rogney Brooks, a professor of electrical engineering and computer science, thought of creating cog, from inspiration from an artificial intelligence that was depicted in the movie, "2001:A Space Odyssey." In the movie, Hal, the AI, controlled a large space craft.... [tags: Papers]
670 words (1.9 pages)
- The Effects Artificial Intelligence has had on Society and on Business Until recently, many people thought it unlikely for machines to have human-like abilities. Human-like abilities were generally only attributed to animals, and not machines. However, with technological advancements such as computers, many are beginning to realize the importance and impact such machines have in business. There are virtually no businesses today who do not implement the use of the Internet and networking technologies.... [tags: Technology Technological Cause Papers]
2398 words (6.9 pages)
- Innovation is the breakthrough to the future. There is a enormous amount of information us humans do not know. How can we solve these unknown answers. The biggest solution is, quantum computing. This is how quantum computers work, how they are made, how a person can program a quantum computer, and how it will change our future as we know it. How a Quantum Computer Works: Old School vs. New School The first conventional computers that were introduced were these big towers of switches, transistors, and buttons.... [tags: Innovation, Technology, Computers]
1272 words (3.6 pages)
- Computer Creativity in Soccer Studies concerning computer creativity in art and music have been central issues in the field of Artificial Intelligence for over thirty years, and several scholars of computer science are optimistic that computers will eventually be able to create original works (Miranda, 16), but not until recently had any computer programmer pursued Artificial Intelligence in athletics. This is a particularly daunting field because our knowledge of robotics is still very primitive, but this does not merit neglecting further investigation.... [tags: Technology Artificial Intelligence Essays]
2964 words (8.5 pages)
- Imagine asking your computer to do something in the same way you would ask a friend to do it. Without having to memorize special commands that only it could understand. For computer scientists this has been an ambitious goal; that can further simplify computers. Artificial Intelligence, a system that can mimic human intelligence by performing task that usually only a human can do, usually has to use a form of natural language processing. Natural language processing, a sub-field of computer science and artificial intelligence, concerns the successfully interaction between a computer and a human.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer, Alan Turing]
973 words (2.8 pages)
- This essay will address the question of whether computers can think, possess intelligence or mental states. It will proceed from two angles. Firstly it is required to define what constitutes “thinking.” An investigation into this debate however demonstrate that the very definition of thought is contested ground. Secondly, it is required for a reflection on what form artificial intelligence should take, be it a notion of “simulated intelligence,” the weak AI hypothesis, or “actual thinking,” the strong AI hypothesis.... [tags: artificial intelligence]
1681 words (4.8 pages)
- Artificial Intelligence “is the ability of a human-made machine to emulate or simulate human methods for the deductive and inductive acquisition and application of knowledge and reason” (Bock, 182). The early years of artificial intelligence were seen through robots as they exemplified the advances and potential, while today AI has been integrated society through technology. The beginning of the thought of artificial intelligence happened concurrently with the rise of computers and the dotcom boom.... [tags: Artificial intelligence, Computer]
1176 words (3.4 pages)
- An Overview of Artificial Intelligence Artificial Intelligence, a concept that would make possible our most remote dreams, specially for housewives. Would not it be interesting to know what is this marvelous thing that is going to make our dreams come true. I think it is. AI(Artificial Intelligence) is a fairly new field in Computer Science, my subject, which I found very interesting. AI it is not a well defined concept yet, which it is not a surprise for me, considering that is a very new term and that it contains a word that is has not been well defined either.... [tags: Technology Artificial Intelligence Essays]
1745 words (5 pages)
- In today’s rapidly changing world, technology has given us a possible future in the field of Artificial Intelligence. An August, 1999 article entitled “12: Machines Will Be Smarter Than We Are,” explains how Artificial Intelligence is inevitable. It also explains when and how it will transform civilization. The facts and examples used in the article may not give a full picture of the situation, but succeed in presenting a strong argument. The major strength of this article is the number of examples and quotes that the author uses to support his/her claim.... [tags: Free Artificial Intelligence Essays]
432 words (1.2 pages)