When first considering the argument in a rhetorical context, it is crucial to address the target audience of the source. The target audience for this source is most likely any person who finds themself on the fence when it comes to alternative energy sources and other research institutions. As for the people not leaning toward nor against a specific stance on the subject, the article addresses key advancements in technology that would assist in a gain in the knowledge necessary to entertain an intellectual debate on the subject. Although it seems to suggest a gain in support for wind energy, the most pressing counters are addressed and recognized. Coming from a respectable national journal, the article’s target audience is not limited to those of who were specifically addressed in the article. Although the primary focus involves the wind farms and its technological advancements in Colorado, it is intended for a more national audie...
... middle of paper ...
...e mind of the reader. The pathos of this article are not obvious but leave that connection to emotion that is needed to persuade the reader.
When considering the arguments proposed by Bullis in this article, the credibility of Bullis himself and the sources he takes advantage of are clear. Informing the public on the impact of technology increases in a manner that does not exceed the education levels of the general public provides the main purpose of this article. Although the countering arguments to the use of renewable energy in the grid has seen support in the past, Bullis argues through the technological advances and increase in predictability that these arguments have been addressed and made obsolete. With the quality of the journal, the author, the citations, and arguments made in the article, the reader should accept the argument forms and arguments proposed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- As director of NASA astrobiology, I would send a life-seeking probe to Mars. More specifically, I would choose to land the probe near the north polar cap. The purpose of selecting Mars is because it is already known as the planet that most resembles Earth in terms of axial tilt and seasons, so if life were to be found anywhere in our solar system in our lifetime, it would have to be here. As for specifically choosing the north polar cap, the reasoning is that it has a lower elevation than the south polar cap and, therefore, it is warmer at this point on Mars.... [tags: Mars, Water, Polar ice cap, Ice]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- Summary of the Current Situation Kevin Plank is the President, CEO, and Chairman of the Board, Wayne Marion is the Chief Operating Officer and Bard Dickerson is the Chief Financial Officer. Ninety-four percent of Under Armour’s revenue is generated from the U.S. and Canada. Under Armour employs 3000 non-unionized employees with eight executives being in top management. Under Armour sales in three different categories which include apparel, footwear, and accessories. Under Armour focus is to empower athletes everywhere.... [tags: Marketing, Retailing, Globalization, Kevin Plank]
798 words (2.3 pages)
- Solar energy is solar radiation or sunlight that’s given off by the sun. Alexandre Edmond Becquerel discovered the photovoltaic effect which is how electricity can be generated from sunlight, but the solar cell wasn 't invented until 1941 by Russell Ohl. which creates electricity or heat. Solar power cells convert solar radiation or sunlight into electricity, using the energy of photons to make an electric current within the solar panel. The electric current then flows out of the solar panel into an inverter that converts the DC power into an AC power, which is then used by the population.... [tags: Solar cell, Photovoltaics, Solar energy]
1058 words (3 pages)
- What is solar energy. Solar energy is, simply, energy provided by the sun. This energy is in the form of solar radiation, which makes the production of solar electricity possible. Solar energy produces electricity when it is in demand – during the day particularly hot days when air-conditioners drive up electricity demand. In use, solar energy produces no emissions. One megawatt hour of solar electricity offsets about 0.75 to 1 tonne of CO2. Benefits of solar energy Solar energy is not only sustainable, it is renewable and this means that we will never run out of it.... [tags: Solar cell, Photovoltaics, Solar energy]
2160 words (6.2 pages)
- The sun is a vital part of life on Earth. Plants need sunshine to survive and proceed with photosynthesis, the water cycle is powered by the heat the sun gives off, and walking outside on a sunny day can cause people to feel rejuvenated. In addition, the light that the sun gives off has the potential to become the predominant source of energy for society as it exists today. This is because solar power is a form of energy that can be harnessed in a variety of different ways, has the ability to provide for a diverse range of needs, is becoming more affordable at a rapid rate, and is completely renewable.... [tags: Sun, Solar energy, Fossil fuel, Solar power]
768 words (2.2 pages)
- Solar Storm – a Potential Threat to Humanity A solar storm refers to space weather involving solar activities like solar flares and coronal mass ejection. Although most solar storms may only have minor effect on the Earth, a particularly strong one like the 1859 Carrington Event is likely to cause damage of spacecraft and satellites, as well as radio and electricity blackout of large regions on the Earth. In the age that people’s lives are greatly dependent on electronic and telecommunication technologies, our modern civilization is under a constant threat posed by a hazardous solar storm.... [tags: Sun, Solar wind, Geomagnetic storm, Aurora]
1173 words (3.4 pages)
- Kevin Smith and His Work Kevin Patrick Smith (born August 2, 1970) is a screenwriter, film director, and the creator of View Askew Productions. He is also known as a comic book writer and actor, although he has criticized his own acting ability on more than one occasion.... [tags: Producer Director Kevin Smith Mallrats]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- Individual Presentation: Kevin Mitnick Introduction Originally, I had planned on researching George Lucas as my creative genius. I am in love with the Star Wars saga, but I really could not get interested in George Lucas. Then, late one night, I saw a movie called Takedown. It was based on a true story that dealt with the pursuit and capture of Kevin Mitnick, one of the most infamous computer hackers of all time. I was instantly amazed. As soon as the movie was over, I began scouring the internet looking for information concerning him.... [tags: Computers Technology Kevin Matnick Essays]
3140 words (9 pages)
- "Children of the Forest" by Kevin Duffy "Children of the Forest" is a narrative written by Kevin Duffy. This book is a written testament of an anthropologist's everyday dealings with an African tribe by the name of the Mbuti Pygmies. My purpose in this paper is to inform the reader of Kevin Duffy's findings while in the Ituri rainforest. Kevin Duffy is one of the first and only scientists to have ever been in close contact with the Mbuti. If an Mbuti tribesman does not want to be found, they simply won't be.... [tags: Children Forest Kevin Duffy Africa Essays]
1210 words (3.5 pages)
- The star we call the Sun has a number of small objects circling around it. Many other stars in our Galaxy have objects orbiting them too and astronomers have recently discovered a few of these other systems already. The largest members of the Sun's family are called planets, and one of these we call home. That planet, Earth, has many unique characteristics that enable life to exist on it. What are the other planets like. We have learned more about our solar system in the past few decades than probably any other field of astronomy.... [tags: solar physics]
1517 words (4.3 pages)