The normal school schedules are simple. Students went to school for five days a week. For students earn a spot of weekend school, they will go to school for the whole week. How they earn a spot for the weekend school is simple, like tossing a small piece of trash on the road. When a student either commits a small misbehavior against the school rules or receives a huge zero on different subjects. Then he or she would be the next candidate for the infamous Weekend School program. There are protests between students and teachers but the only victor is the teachers because they are the enforcers, the masters, and the second family of the students. They would be free of the weekend school in exchange if they reflect their action or did improve their studying, and then they can leave the weekend schoo...
... middle of paper ...
...e test paper. If any students pass the test they are free from the weekend school. If students fail the test it would be a different story, they would repeat the weekend school and that mean no weekend activity or playing until they pass the next retake.
To conclude, the Weekend School program, or Hellish Torture School, is the most terrible program. The program is to help the students reflect their misbehavior not use either physical or psychological techniques to control their students. This way, not just students will disrespect their teachers, but also teachers will lose their respect of such action toward the students. For delinquent students, they would likely ridicule their teachers and disrespect them. All I could say that Weekend School is it’s a bad idea and it need to reconsider about the teacher’s action but also the student’s behavior toward each other.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- High School Curriculum When reviewing the literature regarding the past, present and future of educational curriculum, several main points seem apparent, namely that curriculum is cyclical, that a dilemma or paradox exists, and that curriculum must be looked at with a sensitive view. According to Lashway (1999) educators once saw educational reform as cyclical. Every ten years or so one could expect a public outburst followed by frantic efforts to mend a broken system. However, in the last twenty years there seems to have been a perpetual reform.... [tags: Education Argumentative Persuasive Papers]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- Salary schedules for public school teacher Salary schedules for public school teachers are almost a common feature in public school districts. These schedules largely determine the salaries for the teachers. A single district schedule sets the pay for hundreds of thousands of teachers in thousands of schools (Besharov 1). The key factor that influences the pay for the teachers in the salary schedules include experience in terms of years and the total number of graduate course works that a teacher has completed.... [tags: economic analysis]
1618 words (4.6 pages)
- School start times have been receiving attention across the nation since the mid-1990s (Editorial). Many school districts have considered the benefits of later start times, others have already made the leap of starting classes later in the day, while others are still reluctant to change schedules, questioning if there is any noticeable difference in academic achievement to be seen. However, almost all the school districts that have made changes thus far have reported benefits not only in student performance and achievement, but also in overall student attitude (Gormly).... [tags: Education, Students, Attention, Classrooms]
1189 words (3.4 pages)
- 4-Day School Schedule, or No The school systems are constantly changing. New ideas are being tossed back and forth between school boards all over the country. Now they’re tossing around the idea of having 4-day school weeks, rather than a normal 5 day school week. Some think it is a terrific idea, saves funding in the educational department. Others think that parents will have issues with it, having to deal with extra childcare cost, also how will the younger children deal with the longer school days.... [tags: Education, Teacher, School, High school]
714 words (2 pages)
- Don't you hate waking up early for school in the morning. Most high school students wake up before the sun rises just to become ready for school. Teenage brains do not begin to function that early considering many are tired from staying up late the previous night. The National Sleep Foundation reported that most teens do not retain enough shuteye, one study found that only 15% reported sleeping eight 1/2 hours on school nights. That fact was extremely true for me when I attended high school. I barely was able to wake up, get dressed, and be in school on time since I was so tired.... [tags: high school students, attendance]
591 words (1.7 pages)
- Argumentative Essay “The other Wes Moore” This book is telling a story about two African American boys (Wes A and Wes P) who have the same name and grew up at same community, but they have a very different life. The author, Wes A, begins his life in a tough Baltimore neighborhood and end up as a Rhodes Scholar, Wall Streeter, and a white house fellow; The other Wes Moore begins at the same place in Baltimore , but ends up in prison for the rest of his life. Then why do they have the same experience, but still have a totally different life.... [tags: High school, Public school, School types]
1069 words (3.1 pages)
- American schools are running out of time. While Japan excels in math and science, America falls behind. After a summer break in America, it can take teachers up to 6 weeks to review what students have learned the year before. Implementing a year round school schedule will help close the gap between America and foreign countries and will benefit the people because it increases the number of students a school can accommodate, makes it easier for families to take advantage of breaks, and it may increase retention in students.... [tags: Efficiency, Foreign Schools]
841 words (2.4 pages)
- As I began thinking of a Master Schedule for the 2016-2017 school year many thoughts went through my mind: • How many sections of each class are needed. • What Specialists are going to be needed. • Do I have the correct teachers in the right position and the right certification. • How do I adjust the schedule to add a period for Academic Intervention. Class Size: I was discussing with my principal how she makes her Master Schedule and she stated the she has one section or core classes for every twenty- five students, so with that in mind I started thinking about my Master Schedule so with that in mind I will need two sixth grade teachers.... [tags: Education, School, Teacher, Educational years]
942 words (2.7 pages)
- The transition from high school to university can be challenging for many students. Students quickly notice differences between the academic expectations of high school compared to those of universities. High school is heavily structured, students’ attendance and participation are regularly monitored, and teachers are in daily contact with them and provide regular feedback. On the contrary, university students are responsible for organising their course schedules. They are not mandated to attend lectures regularly and professors do not monitor their attendance in the majority of the courses.... [tags: Argumentative Essay]
968 words (2.8 pages)
- Problem: Simply put the United States could have a better education system. According to Pearson, in 2015 the United States rank as 14th in cognitive skills and educational attainment out of 40 countries. The student’s ability to retain information and graduate is decent. The question is how do we make the system better. With such a large project, there are several areas to look at but in my opinion starting with the school schedule is the best option for a good foundation. Solution: The solution is a series of steps to help make the school and classroom an environment in which children are eager to learn and retain information.... [tags: Education, Teacher, High school, School]
1020 words (2.9 pages)