This generation is blessed with the option to google anything that comes to mind. Staying in touch with friends and family has never been so easy, in fact too easy. Technology has opened up many doors in today’s generation and that came with distraction. There is a time when using telephone was just to make phone calls. Now, it is the internet at hands reach. It is being used inappropriately at certain times. Technology is a constant distraction to the real world by making people not being attentive, creating multitask drivers, uninvolved guests, and photo perfectionist.
There is nothing worse than talking to your friend and really trying to have a conversation and they are being inattentive by continually looking at their phone or texting. All that is heard is a “uh-huh” or “yea” frequently to learn that the only person in their conversation is the person talking. These people are classified as the “Uh-Huhhers.” In one case, there was a friend that did this all time to me a few months back. Seeing it happen over and over made it hard to want to listen to her. Deciding that was the last time it was going to happen; I made random things up over and over. All that was heard was “oh really” and uh-huh for about ten minutes. Pigs were flying on the broomstick with the witch, and oh wait, I hear “WAIT…WHAT?” Joking about it was fun after. Breaking through to her only lasted about twenty minutes until it began again. It seems that the effects of her phone and her social media took over her brain having negative effects on her relationships. This is just one example of how it is all too frustrating to anyone involved in that conversation. People will feel unheard, and hurt. Most of the time it is a bad habit to break, ...
... middle of paper ...
...us photos of an event it seems. Attention is not focused on the feelings and joy that has surrounded the affair. The “picture perfectionist” attention is on getting the focus of the photo not the event. So much is missed doing this. The photos taken that way are looked back and make memories of the photography. There is a reason there are professional photographers at weddings, and video cameras at games. They are paid to get it captured; they are not paid to experience it. Put the phone down and let life happen and enjoy it.
Technology should not overtake the real word and the great experiences happening all around. It is to use as a tool not to be abused. No one should miss out on the moments and the friendships because of cell phone and its functions. Social media was not intended to replace our relationships but to enhance them. Don’t let them be a distraction.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Distracted Driving Whether it is a text massage from love one or a bite of a sandwich, it is not so important than a human life. Distracted driving is an epidemic, so more tough laws should be implemented. The law for distracted driving should be tough just like a driving under influence. Distracting driving is a killer on the road, it should be banned because, it is the number one killer of the U.S. teenager in the road, not only the teenager in the road, but also cause a collision which is often fatal, and some incident were driver or one who involve on an accident became disable.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, Road safety]
1090 words (3.1 pages)
- A person suddenly feels a vibration in their pocket and instantly pulls out their cell phone to respond to the text. While looking down, they accidentally run into a pedestrian. After a simple apology, they continue on their way. Sometimes in life, “sorry” acts as a magic word that can mend everything, and then there are other times, “sorry” undoes nothing. Will “sorry” help when they crash their parent’s car because they needed to respond to a text message. What about when a driver kills someone’s child because they were having a conversation on the phone while driving and ran a stop sign.... [tags: legal issues, distracted driving]
2354 words (6.7 pages)
- Many schools in United States require their students to wear uniforms. There are many teachers, parents and students who are in favor of school uniforms. However, not all teachers, parents and students like the idea of school uniforms, and this has divided many schools on the issue. It is obvious that not everyone agrees on the issue of uniforms in public schools, but the benefits of school uniforms cannot be denied. School uniforms cost parents less money, prevent competition between students, and keeps students safe against gang violence on and off campus.... [tags: Argumentative, persuasive]
647 words (1.8 pages)
- I. Introduction The reasons why students should wear uniforms are almost always the same. People have delved to find out information about different perspectives of how uniforms influence students. The problem is statistics determination was equal. Some people say that uniforms will decrease crime and violence in schools. Also improving the behavior of students in and out of school. Student’s ambivalence about what other students are wearing, are less likely to judge one another. This also helps prevent students from forming different cliques.... [tags: Argumentative Essay]
848 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Cell-phone use is right up there with the highest cause of automobile accidents in North America with drunk driving. Therefore cell-phone is putting the driver, passenger and pedestrians at the highest risk of critical injury and death. According to a Virginia Tech Transportation study “texting while driving was the riskiest type of driver distraction, making drivers 23 times more likely of getting in a ‘safety-critical event’” (Soltan). Cell-phone use is putting an already dangerous task of driving and makes it as deadly as drunk driving, but the problem is teens and adults don’t realize how much of a risk they are taking by distracting themselves while driving.... [tags: Mobile phone, Text messaging]
1604 words (4.6 pages)
- ... What if the car in front of you slams on their brakes in that time. Even if we are just talking on the phone our minds are still distracted from what is really going on. How many of us have missed an exit while having a conversation on the phone. I have countless times. I’m glad it was just an exit I missed, and not a deer in the road. The biggest problem is that most people don’t think that there is a problem with using devices while driving. However, it only takes one accident to change your whole perspective on that, but by that time it may be too late.... [tags: Text messaging, Mobile phone, SMS, Tram accident]
1628 words (4.7 pages)
- At any given daylight moment across America, approximately 660,000 drivers are using cell phones or manipulating electronic devices while driving, a number that has held steady since 2010. Distracted driving can be playing with the radio, texting, eating, drinking, applying makeup, or even just having a lot of people in the car at once. I, personally, despise people who continuously choose to partake in dangerous behaviors that cause distracted driving. They are creating risks of having a wreck and a chance of killing themselves or others on the road.... [tags: behaviors, wreck, killing road, cellphones]
690 words (2 pages)
- When a driver takes his eyes off the road, hands off the wheel, or mind away from focusing on the road the driver has become distracted and may not even realize it causing danger to any passengers, pedestrians, and other drivers. The reaction time of a distracted driver decreases along with the driver’s awareness of the surrounding cars, signs, and traffic signals. Also when a driver’s focus is not 100 percent on the road, the risk of losing control of the vehicle increases. Although television commercials, articles, and events make us believe that teenagers are always the drivers that are distracted while operating a motored vehicle when actually recent studies have shown all ages can becom... [tags: Distractions, Danger, Pedestrians, Passengers]
873 words (2.5 pages)
- ... So, I think that I should have tried other ways to make my essays better by providing better thesis statements, body paragraphs and conclusions. Later on in the semester, I did major assignment which was the argumentative paper and in this essay I had to argue about my brand. This assignment required more than just thesis statement and body paragraphs; it required counter arguments and refutations which had to be at least a good paragraph for both. Despite having different expectations for major assignment the style changed for some of the assignment, but for my writings I did not notice any change because the feedback I got after the essay was graded was bad.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Writing style, Argument]
1222 words (3.5 pages)
- An Argumentative Informal Composition on Mullah Ever dream of having your pockets full of cash or swimming in a pool of green backs. Well, dream on unless you're an adult. It is pretty obvious that teenagers are far off from having our hands full of cash because of lack of experience in money matters, tendency to waste it on unpractical things, and the possibility of getting taken advantage of or robbed by a much more mature adult. Adolescents clearly have much to learn on how to manage resources.... [tags: Papers]
475 words (1.4 pages)