The world is full of chemicals and companies trying to make the most “bang” for their buck. What most people don 't know is that behind most large manufacturing companies sits poor tortured animals rotting away in cages being used for the experimental needs of humans. In the United States alone 100 million animals are used on yearly bases. (Shell Ethics) Animal testing is NOT needed for any reason-it’s killing animals, it’s cruel, and alternative methods are available. Many over look those facts, have accepted that it happens, and needed to insure safety.
First, how animal testing works? Researchers/scientist have the animals set into “tiers” rats are first, if those tests are successful then they will move on to the next set. The next “tier” of animals are small mammals (dogs, cats, rabbits, and monkeys), if these tests are successful then they will start human testing. After these trials, they think that most of the mistakes should have been worked out by then and they know that the tests are now not going to be fatal to the person (Murnaghan). Many people don 't know that most of these animals that are used in labs, were also born and raised there as well, animal breeding to sell to labs is a booming industry in itself.
There are lots of different tests that can be preformed on animals for many different reasons, but there are three main types. They are fundamental research, genetic modification, and regulatory testing. Each one has a different purpose to sever the human race. Fundamental research is used for just testing out interesting scientific questions such as how long does it take to get cancer from cigarettes. Over the last 20 years these types of tests have only found about 5% ...
... middle of paper ...
... and Parkinson 's disease (Cruelty-Free Kitty). These alternatives are making testing on animals less, but they are also proving to be more effective than traditional animal testing. Studies are improving all the time, some studies have even improved to 100% accuracy, but as a whole all of the tests are improving.
Animal testing is not need any way, it’s cruel, ineffective, and we have better alternative methods. Organizations such as PETA are fighting against animal test, but for animal testing to stop animals are going to need support from everyone. Help save an animal from testing because scientist are not breaking old habits just because alternatives are proving to be more effective. Staying better informed about animal testing, cannot only stop animal testing, but also provide the people who support it a better understanding in what they are really supporting.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The practice of using animals for testing has been a controversial issue over the past thirty years. Animal testing is a morally debated practice. The question is whether animal testing is morally right or wrong. This paper will present both sides of this issue as well as my own opinion. Approximately two to four million animals have been used in safety tests. Safety tests are conducted with a wide range of chemicals and products, including drugs, vaccines, cosmetics, household cleaners, and packing materials.... [tags: Argumentative Example Essays]
613 words (1.8 pages)
- Animal Testing for Humanity Animal research is vital to human existence. This testing enables doctors to find treatments and cures for various diseases and aliments. The people, who object and think that 'mad' scientists preform all animal research, merely do not understand the importance. There are many regulatory acts protecting the animals in experiments, therefore proving that ending animal research all together would be a harsh blow to society. The regulations, such as the Animal Welfare Act, which ensures that animal, care for research is a main priority.... [tags: Animal Testing Research Essays Argumentative]
550 words (1.6 pages)
- Short Essay Assignment: Animal Experimentation Walking down the narrow streets of a village in China, dogs were scattered. The majority of them were homeless, roaming around in search of food and shelter. The sight urged me to adopt every single one, however it was impossible for me to adopt them on my vacation stay in China. This is only a chip of what animal mistreatment looks like in our society today. From animal experimentation to factory farms, the abuse can be hidden away from the eyes of our society (Clemmitt 3).... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing]
1145 words (3.3 pages)
- From when you are a baby to when you are an adult animal testing is used in your everyday products. From the Pampers you put on as a baby and the Johnson and Johnson you are washed with. To when you are older the Febreeze, Sunsilk, and Gillette you use.( Companies That do Test on Animals) Animal testing surrounds you in every act of life. “The guess is around 100 million animals are used worldwide in animal testing.” (Animal Rights) Animal testing is rooted from natural curiosity. How the insides of a living organism operate and look is an interesting idea.... [tags: animal rights, argumentative, persuasive]
1885 words (5.4 pages)
- Picture yourself in a testing laboratory; needles, drugs, and knives pointed in your direction with you having no idea what’s going on around you, this is how animals everyday are treated, we have to stop this now. Millions of animals are killed in laboratories everyday with no chance to object to what the testers are about to do to them. Animals feel as much pain as humans do so why does it make it okay to test on them when they are so alike to humans. Every day people test makeup, shampoos, and medicines on animals, the strange thing is that animals have different skin, hair, and internal organs than humans have.... [tags: Argumentative Essay, Persuasive Essay]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- According to Biology Online, animal experimentation is defined as the use of animals in experiments and development projects usually to determine toxicity, dosing and efficacy of test drugs before proceeding to human clinical trials. Animal experimentation has been going on since ancient Greece when Aristotle and Hippocrates first made their model of the human body based on what they had observed through animal dissection. Then, Romans used animals to do more psychological tests on animals like pigs, monkeys and dogs.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive 2014]
1100 words (3.1 pages)
- Animal Testing Over one million people have benefited from information gathered in animal testing and research. In the past, animal testing has been a touchy subject for people to talk about. Until recently, scientists did not treat animals with the utmost respect and even used such methods as vivisection, or basically operating on a live animal without any form of anesthetic, as a means of testing on animals. It is obvious why people would be against animal testing in the past, but now technology and new laws have brought us into a new era in which animal testing can be much more humane when it is used.... [tags: Science Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1023 words (2.9 pages)
- Animal rights are held entirely too high in regard. Many activist do not realize the benefits of testing on animals. They claim that it is "unethical" or "cruel" to perform experiments on such creatures. The truth is, the world as a whole has advanced tremendously in the past century due to animal experimentation. We are affected every day by at least one thing that has been influenced by animal testing. Many of the things we take for granted would not exist if it were not for experimenting with animals.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
2788 words (8 pages)
- The Cruelty of Animal Testing and the Need for Alternative Methods In his book Inhumane Society: The American Way of Exploiting Animals, Dr. Michael W. Fox estimates that twenty-five to thirty-five million animals are used in the United States each year for laboratory testing and research (58). Research involving tests done on animals is unnecessary and cruel. More humane methods of research need to be employed. Fox states that animal tests on cosmetics and household products are nothing more than a "public relations campaign to dispel public concern and give a false sense of security" (61).... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Essays]
1383 words (4 pages)
- The Horrors of Animal Testing The torture and murder of millions of animals annually has been occurring for centuries now. Every year we ignore it, and every year the numbers grow. The act of vivisection or the practice of experimenting on animals began because of religious prohibitions against dissection of human corpses. After religious leaders lifted these prohibitions, it was too late. Vivisection had become a major part of medical and educational research. As well as major part of product testing in many companies.... [tags: Argumentative Persuasive Topics]
1645 words (4.7 pages)
- What Kind Of Social Media Tool Do For Communicate?
- The Other Wes Moore : What Point Do You Believe Circumstances Or Choices Impact Your Life?
- Budget Planning And Control Plan
- Science Fiction Comedy Hybrid, We Are Hooked By Charlie Kaufman
- The Tragedy, And Heroism Are The Heart Of World Literature
- The Four Types Of Reinforcement