For Aqualisa’s Quartz shower system to become more profitable and accepted in the United Kingdom’s, stagnant, unimaginative, shower market, Rawlinson needs to work to educate all potential consumers on the features and benefits of the Quartz shower system. More importantly, to gain that market share needed to make the Quartz system successful, Rawlinson needs to focus the Quartz marketing efforts on the do-it-yourselfers, and the plumbers. These markets are the areas that this new product and technology would have the most direct effect on, they will be the installers of the product, and in most cases the decision makers on where the system will be installed. Without the acceptance and buy-in of these two key markets, the Aqualisa Quartz shower system will not grow its market share or change the perception of showers in the United Kingdom.
The plumbers is simply where the target market is for the Quartz showers, the data states that with mixer showers, 20% are influenced by the plumber, not the brand, 28% of consumers takes the plumber’s advice on the brand and type of shower they should use, and 25% is just the plumber making the decision and not taking any advice from the person they are doing the job for. That is 73% of the market, for mixer showers, that involves the plumber.
The most effective way to reach this demographic is to get the product in their hands and have them try it; the plumbers need to be convinced that innovation in the electric shower market is beneficial to them and their job. Aqualisa marketing team needs to work to get into more than the current 40% of trade shops, and can use these shops to demo the Quartz product. During high-volume times, have a few stations s...
... middle of paper ...
...ve less of the luxury features, but still provide the basic functionality of a Quartz product, with steady pressure, consistent temperature, and made of sturdy materials that will not break after short use. Dropping the price of the Quartz system, or introducing a lower cost system, could initially decrease profits for Aqualisa, but with a product at a lower cost, it could compete with the current unreliable systems on the market. However, once the do-it-yourselfer and plumbers start to use the system, they will have users hooked, and potentially raise its market share. Also with the prospect of more satisfied customers and plumbers, brings the benefit of “word of mouth” advertisement, users will start demanding it from plumbers and builders, and the potential of users who may splurge for the better luxury systems, because they now know and trust the Aqualisa brand.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Aqualisa Quartz What is the Quartz value proposition to Plumbers and to the Consumers. The value proposition to the plumbers is the relative ease of installation that reduces the time by up to 1.5 days over a standard shower installation. The Quartz design allows for less repeat trips to fix problems at their own expense. Further, they can pass along the installation jobs to their apprentices.... [tags: Business Management Analysis Market]
958 words (2.7 pages)
- Customers Shower buyers fall in three pricing segments: premium, standard and value. First, premium segment is conducted of people who mainly shop in showrooms. Their focus is on great service and high performance. Second segment is called standard. Customers in this segment rely on plumber recommendation and emphasize performance and service. Value segment conducts mainly customers who are primarily concerned with convenience and price. Thus, they like to avoid excavation and also tend to rely on independent plumber in selecting a product.... [tags: Market Analysis, Case Study, solution]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Q1. Aqualisa launched the most significant shower innovation in recent British history: the Quartz shower. The shower provides significant improvements in terms of quality, cost, and ease of installation. In product testing, the Quartz shower received rave reviews. However, early sales of the Quartz have been disappointing. The company is faced with some key issues about whether to change the channel strategy, promotional strategy, and the overall positioning of the product (niche or a mainstream product) in the context of their existing product line.... [tags: Business, Case Study, solution]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- SECTION 3: TARGET MARKET: A full description of the current market segment(s) and identification of an existing or new target market to be the focus for the remainder of the strategic marketing plan, including a discussion of why this target market represents a growth opportunity for the company. Description of target market must be extensive and based on the criteria for segmenting consumer markets as outlined by Kotler. Also discuss the positioning strategy to be used for this chosen target market.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Demographics]
859 words (2.5 pages)
- Segmentation and Target Market Starbucks is a company with a recognizable presence nationally and internationally. Starbuck reputations and on a multinational level is consistent of high quality items With more than 18,000 retail locations in 60 countries, the coffeehouse is the picture of success (Schoultz, 2014). In this paper I will discuss the demographic, psychographic, geographic, and behavioral characteristics of the major company. Also I will discuss the positioning statement needed for considering new markets and business strategies.... [tags: Dunkin' Donuts, Starbucks, Coffee, Target market]
1371 words (3.9 pages)
- As a small business owner, you probably have a general idea of who makes up your target market. The truth is, vague ideas aren 't going to be enough in the competitive marketplace today. Without delving into the demographics, you 're basically marketing to “everyone and anyone.” This strategy could mean you 're wasting your advertising spend or missing opportunities to create new revenue streams and increase sales. If you feel like you 've hit a brick wall, and just cannot break through, these tips from Bluehost.com will help you knock down that barriers and start gaining ground without obstacles preventing you from connecting with people looking for what you have to offer.... [tags: Small business, Business, Want, Target market]
1096 words (3.1 pages)
- Target Corporation Market Segments Target markets their products to a variety of market segments when speaking about their clothing lines. The top three segments are Age-Related Segments and Gender-Related Segments. Targets approach to development, marketing and advertisement is based on seasons, genders, age in the terms of wants and needs and styles while also staying true to their brand imagine. Target has positioned itself as one of the biggest retailers with a brand imagine that can connect to the consumers, and the ability to develop and deliver high end products that come at an affordable price.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Target Corporation]
1087 words (3.1 pages)
- Today, I will be examining the company Zulily’s. I will be describing Zulily’s target market and marketing strategies, which are used to reach it consumers. Next, I will be describing the revenue and business models and merchandising strategies that Zulily’s incorporate into their company. Last, I will be describing Zulily’s creative photography process, the unique technology and the major issues within the business. ` Zulily’s Target Market Zulily’s tends to focus on moms as their target audience According to Market Realist, Zulily’s target market is women around the aged 25-45.... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing strategy]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- Target markets for the Recruitment Consultancy Target market identification is the most important step to develop the strategy since this would have an effect on how VirtueNic would reach out both to clients and job seekers VirtueNic would be targeting the market of Christchurch, New Zealand. Christchurch is the largest city in the South Island of New Zealand. It is also the country’s third most populous urban region. The city has a population of 341,469 as per March 2013 census (Statistics, 2013).... [tags: Marketing, Target market, Marketing mix]
1466 words (4.2 pages)
- Problem Statement Aqualisa launched the most significant shower innovation in recent British history: the Quartz shower. The shower provides significant improvements in terms of quality, cost, and ease of installation. In product testing, the Quartz shower received rave reviews from both consumers and plumbers alike. However, early sales of the Quartz have been disappointing. Now, the company is faced with some key issues about whether to change the channel strategy, promotional strategy, and the overall positioning of the product (niche or mainstream product) in the context of his existing product line.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
1877 words (5.4 pages)