What is the Quartz value proposition to Plumbers and to the Consumers?
The value proposition to the plumbers is the relative ease of installation that reduces the time by up to 1.5 days over a standard shower installation. The Quartz design allows for less repeat trips to fix problems at their own expense. Further, they can pass along the installation jobs to their apprentices. This frees them up to make more money on larger jobs and also ameliorates the shortage of plumbers in the UK.
For the consumers the Quartz offers a superior product to that of its competitors. The Quartz expedites the shower controls which allows for more exact temperature control and the customers are blown away by the “wow factor” (e.g. push button controls). Furthermore, the Quartz shower is a superior shower experience that vastly improves water pressure and the longevity of the shower unit. Also there are no cumbersome boxes taking up precious space in the shower. These enhancements open up new market segment possibilities. Women don’t have to worry about getting their hair wet when they jump in for a quick shower and the elderly don’t have to fiddle with stiff valves.
Due to the savings on installation, the Quartz so profoundly affects the price that the total cost of the Quartz Standard unit winds up being less expensive than any of the other shower units (see Chart 1). So for example, if one factors in that the average labor would be £240 total (£60/hr.) compared with £960 installation for a standard shower this offsets the higher price of the Quartz units. The price...
... middle of paper ...
...orkshops for customers and sales people within the DIY stores. This would directly impact sales and improve the negative perceptions of the difficulty in these types of installations.
The showroom segments are the biggest fans of the Quartz and obviously should be highly pursued. It’s not clear on whether new relationships were forged in this area but it would make great sense to target every possible show room to maximize exposure.
Finally, I believe the marketing organizational structure can be altered to include more cross-functional product and brand management teams. These teams can comprised of various team members to take advantage of various skills for developing a strategic directions on further developing target markets, building new relationships with vendors and improving the customer acquisition process.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Customers Shower buyers fall in three pricing segments: premium, standard and value. First, premium segment is conducted of people who mainly shop in showrooms. Their focus is on great service and high performance. Second segment is called standard. Customers in this segment rely on plumber recommendation and emphasize performance and service. Value segment conducts mainly customers who are primarily concerned with convenience and price. Thus, they like to avoid excavation and also tend to rely on independent plumber in selecting a product.... [tags: Market Analysis, Case Study, solution]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- INTRODUCTION Aqualisa needs to configure a strategy to sell their new shower the Quartz. The newest most innovative shower is not selling like it should be. If they cannot get it off they ground they risk of losing market share to competition. Aqualisa have been doing well in the past years however, with lowered quality and improvement among the competition changes need to be made. The purpose of this analysis is to take a deeper look into Aqualisa to see what their best moves is in order to fix their problem.... [tags: Marketing, Plumbing, Need, Plumber]
730 words (2.1 pages)
- Aqualisa target market For Aqualisa’s Quartz shower system to become more profitable and accepted in the United Kingdom’s, stagnant, unimaginative, shower market, Rawlinson needs to work to educate all potential consumers on the features and benefits of the Quartz shower system. More importantly, to gain that market share needed to make the Quartz system successful, Rawlinson needs to focus the Quartz marketing efforts on the do-it-yourselfers, and the plumbers. These markets are the areas that this new product and technology would have the most direct effect on, they will be the installers of the product, and in most cases the decision makers on where the system will be installed.... [tags: Business Analysis]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- Problem Statement Aqualisa launched the most significant shower innovation in recent British history: the Quartz shower. The shower provides significant improvements in terms of quality, cost, and ease of installation. In product testing, the Quartz shower received rave reviews from both consumers and plumbers alike. However, early sales of the Quartz have been disappointing. Now, the company is faced with some key issues about whether to change the channel strategy, promotional strategy, and the overall positioning of the product (niche or mainstream product) in the context of his existing product line.... [tags: Business Analysis Strategy]
1877 words (5.4 pages)
- Q1. Aqualisa launched the most significant shower innovation in recent British history: the Quartz shower. The shower provides significant improvements in terms of quality, cost, and ease of installation. In product testing, the Quartz shower received rave reviews. However, early sales of the Quartz have been disappointing. The company is faced with some key issues about whether to change the channel strategy, promotional strategy, and the overall positioning of the product (niche or a mainstream product) in the context of their existing product line.... [tags: Business, Case Study, solution]
1301 words (3.7 pages)
- The Lothar Crystal, also known as the Susanna Crystal or London Crystal is one of the most highly skilled extant examples of Carolingian engraving ever created and currently apart of the British Museum’s collection. Created in a style that appears to have already dwindling It is a single lentoid of clear quartz that measures some four and a half inches (11.5cm) in diameter and depicts the biblical scenes of Susanna’s Judgement from Daniel 13. There are some very fine flaws running horizontally through scene six and partly into scene seven, and one severe crack through it’s centre.... [tags: quartz, stone, meaning, shown, creation]
1695 words (4.8 pages)
- ... magnetostrictor is create small-amplitude vibrations and revitalized at the frequency of ultrasonic Abrasive Slurry - The most types of abrasive • (SiC) silicon carbide germanium, ceramics glass • diamond (for rubies) • (Al2O3) corundum • (B4C) boron carbide its good in general, but also expensive • boron silicarbide (more abrasive than B4C) - Liquid • Oils • Glycerol • Benzene • water (the most use) - 100 to 800 is the typical grit size - High viscosity decreases MRR (material removal rate) Tool holder Tool holder connects and also holds the tool to the transducer.... [tags: piezoelectric effect, pierre curie, quartz]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- She sat down in the corner on her oversized cream arm chair and ottoman to start her reading. The book about nature’s guide to your fertility was specific about the placement of furniture in her bedroom, but also in the dining room, and even right down to the entryway. It had some simple ideas such as adding a filter to the tap water. The book said that the toxins can lead to infertility. Then it got into weeding and gardening. It told her to plant aloe vera and cactus inside the home. It is supposed to release oxygen at night, making the room air become cleaner.... [tags: Fuck, Profanity, Kitchen, Quartz]
1922 words (5.5 pages)
- Johann Joachim Quantz Quantz was on of the first professional flute players in 18th century Europe. He began musical training under his uncle in 1708, and learned to play most of the string family as well as the oboe and the trumpet. After joining the Dresden town band, Quantz was offered a position as oboist in the Polish chapel of Augustus II, Elector of Saxony and King of Poland. Quantz found little opportunity for advancement as an oboist, and turned to the flute in 1719. P. G. Buffardin, the French flutist, was his first teacher.... [tags: Papers]
480 words (1.4 pages)
- The Importance of the Origin of the First Quarto of Hamlet Ofel: Alas, what a change is this. Ham: But if thou wilt needes marry, marry a foole, For wisemen know well enough, What monsters you make of them, to a Nunnery goe. Ofel: Pray God restore him. Ham: Nay, I have heard of your painting too, God hath giuen you one face, And you make your selues another, --HAMLET, Prince of Denmarke, The First Quarto The title page of the second quarto of Hamlet claims that the text beneath it is "Newly imprinted and enlarged to almost as much / againe as it was, according to the true and perfect / Coppie." Taking this at face value, three facts necessary follow: That there is at least one earli... [tags: Shakespeare Hamlet Essays]
3592 words (10.3 pages)