Statement of Purpose
I am applying to University of Texas at Dallas to pursue Master of Science program in Computer
Science with special reference to Operating Systems and Computer Architecture. Ten years from
now, I envisage myself as research professional in an organization or a faculty at one of the leading
university. Ultimately, my objective is to seek Ph.D. Degree.
21st century is harbinger for major transition in terms of information technology industry for India.
I have seen the technology changed lives of people for the better. Because of this impression and
innate inquisitive nature, I coupled myself with the dream to start undergraduate studies in
Computer Engineering. I was 99th in Maharashtra state among all Engineering aspirants which
secured me a position in College of Engineering, Pune, one of the oldest and prestigious
Engineering institute in India. I have made best use of state-of-the-art facilties provided to me over
four years in learning fundamentals of Engineering and contributing to research work at college.
Additionally, I consistentantly tried to maintain my academic rank among top 25% of the class.
With 2.5 years of industry experience as Development Engineer at Calsoft Pvt. Ltd. Pune, after
undergraduate degree in Computer Engineering, I realized that my next step is Masters in Computer
This realization started when my professor of Principles of Programming Language introduced us to
Linux Operating System. Over the last three years, my penchant for research has gradually
burgeoned especially, in the fields of Systems. I started experimenting with open source tools which
improved my programming and data structure skills a lot. Courses like "Operating Systems",...
... middle of paper ...
...ongly believe that persistent hard work in education builds the best foundation for
future career. Because of innovative and pioneering research work going on in your university, I
would consider it a privilege to join Master's study and avail state-of-the art research facilities.
I am sure that University of Texas at Dallas will offer me right guidance and excellant research
opportunity to work with distinguished faculty. I look forward to meet and receive guidance under
professor Neeraj Mittal whose work in Distributed Computingfield interests me and matches my
interests. I also look forward to work under professor I-Ling Yen and Edwin Sha. I hope to get
financial assistance. I understand that it is my great responsibility to work hard for my education. I
look forward to get admitted into your institute at recognized Computer Science department.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Adarsh Ravi (VIT University, India) Application for MS in Electrical and Computer Engineering at Texas A&M University (TAMU) With the advent of integrated chips, electronics has revolutionized the world and changed how we live. Electronics is present in a gamut of products ranging from ubiquitous appliances like the radio and calculator to something as complex as spaceships. Just imagine how tedious it would be to implement a system as sophisticated as a spaceship using computers made of vacuum tubes.... [tags: Electrical engineering, Electronic engineering]
878 words (2.5 pages)
- “An innovator is one who does not know it cannot be done” - R.A. Mashelkar These splendid words of Dr R A Mashelkar have made a deep-rooted impact on my mind. He rightly states that great leaders fearlessly tackle challenges; they believe that nothing is impossible. These leaders are actually innovators who have immense passion in them to envisage solutions for perplexing problems. As a young, aspiring engineer, I find Dr R A Mashelkar’s philosophy, that the innovators have compassion in their heart and passion in their belly, very inspiring.... [tags: statement of purpose]
980 words (2.8 pages)
- Interview with a Teacher and Connection to Research Heather Hoskins PSY 300 Learning Processes and Development Dr. Krueger May 9, 2015 Texas A&M University Commerce Interviewee Description E.U. is a second grade teacher at a k-12 facility that specializes in providing students with a Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) education. E.U. teaches Math, English Language Arts (ELA), and Science. E.U. also integrates art assignments to coincide with the mandated STEM curriculum.... [tags: Education, Educational psychology, Teacher]
2016 words (5.8 pages)
- Hello this is Cristian Munoz I 'm currently a freshman at El Paso community college. My major is computer science with a minor in cyber security. I 'm not your ordinary college student, I was a part time student at El Paso Community College and at University Texas at El Paso. Unfortunately, this semester I wasn 't able to enroll part time at both Universities due to high tuition rates, but that didn 't stop me from going to school. I 'm currently enrolled fifth-teen credited hours at El Paso Community College.... [tags: High school, College, Secondary school, Computer]
1198 words (3.4 pages)
- The tremendous freedom in choosing a research area has attracted me towards a career in academic science. Even more gratifying is the opportunity to share these experiences with students. My earlier experiences as an instructor, mentor, and teaching assistant have been overwhelmingly positive. My formal teaching career started at Jadavpur University when I was a Master of Pharmacy student. I was an instructor in Pharmaceutics Lab-I to a group of sixty undergraduate students. During my tenure at North Dakota State University I was a teaching assistant for both large (e.g., Pharmacokinetics and Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms and Delivery Systems) and small lecture courses (e.g., Advanced Biopharm... [tags: Education, Teacher, Problem solving, Pharmacology]
828 words (2.4 pages)
- My New Start From the outside looking in, the principles that the Texas A&M University has set for its students are exceedingly high. However, these high standards is what allows Texas A&M to preserve its prestige reputation, and what allows the students to continue to uphold their dedication. Texas A&M students are looked up to as role models, as distinguished legacies, and I have decide I want to begin my new start Growing up, I was raised by both of my parents; my father, being a police officer, supported our family.... [tags: Academic degree, University, Master's degree]
890 words (2.5 pages)
- In applying for a post baccalaureate degree in computer science, I bring an array of abilities founded on the earning of my bachelor’s degree in journalism from Marmara University; a school which selects their students from the top 0.01% of the examinees, and I was one of the students so selected. In earning this second BA, with interest in software development and/or database administration, I am of the conviction that this is an excellent life choice. To say I’ve been interested in technology since childhood, is clearly an underestimation.... [tags: Software engineering, Computer science]
733 words (2.1 pages)
- PURPOSE BACKGROUND Universiti Teknologi MARA Universiti Teknologi MARA or UiTM, established in 1956. UITM can be considered as the largest university in the Malaysia with a main campus, three cable campuses, 12 branch campuses, six city campuses, 25 affiliated campuses and a smart campus for the future. Presently, the Shah Alam campus is host to 45% of the total 100,000 students. Information system management(ISM) is the one of the course that offered by Universiti Teknologi MARA.ISM is the study of people, technology, organizations and the relationships among them.... [tags: university evaluation and comparison]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Name: Dung Le – DNL458 Landmarks – The Public Art Program of The University of Texas at Austin ART 320K September, 18th 2016 Circle with Towers by SolleWitt The University of Texas at Austin is a great place that actively promotes a diversity of art around campus. One of the artwork that belongs to the Landmarks’ collection, is the concrete block structure Circle with Tower by LeWitt, with the Wall Drawing #520 inside the building. The Public Art Program of The University of Texas at Austin has purchased this concrete block sculpture, which is called “Circle with Towers”, from the Madison Square Park Conservancy in New York.... [tags: Art, Modernism, Science, Visual arts]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- I started at Texas Christian University in the fall 2011 semester. I came to the University as a Biology major on the pre-med track. This was not entirely my choice, my parents had pressured me to pursue a medical career for many years before college and I was still unsure of what I wanted to major in when it came time to select classes. So, I chose to make them happy and I enrolled as a biology major. At orientation, almost every person I talked to warned me of how difficult it was going was, but I had never really had trouble in school before and I didn 't think that this could really be that much harder.... [tags: High school, University, College]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 as Social Criticism
- Chivalric Identity of Medieval Knighthood
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, by Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- American Individualism in The Yellow Wallpaper, The Masque of the Red Death. The Raven, and For Some Wiccans
- American Individualism in Charlotte Perkins Gilman’s The Yellow Wallpaper and The Raven, by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Army's Talking Points Controversy