Physics attempts to describe the fundamental nature of the universe and how it works, always striving for the simplest explanations common to the most diverse behaviour. For example, physics explains why rainbows have colours, what keeps a satellite in orbit, and what atoms and nuclei are made of. The goal of physics is to explain as many things as possible using as few laws as possible, revealing nature's underlying simplicity and beauty. Physics has been applied in many industrial fields, which include the air industry, construction industry, automobile industry, manufacturing industry and many others. All these industries apply physics in one way or another. For example a car that moves from one point to another has to have an engine that provides the momentum. The calibration of the engine together with the combustion of the fuel has to have a mechanical force that will move it.
Physics has helped shape the industries in making work easier. This will be highlighted with some of the industries that have used physics practically to achieve an objective.
Power generation industries
Physics behind solar Power Generation in Space shuttles
Solar arrays produce electrical power directly from sunlight. According to Green (1982), most long-duration space missions use solar arrays for their primary power. Most designs use photovoltaic cells to convert sunlight into electricity. They can be made from crystalline silicon, or from advanced materials such as gallium arsenide (GaAs) or cadmium telluride (CdTe). The photovoltaic cells with the highest efficiency use several layers of semiconductor material, with each layer optimized to convert a different portion of the solar spectrum. The solar intensity at Earth's orbi...
... middle of paper ...
...me difficult to dwell in. Industries are making the work easier by applying the principles of physics. In this, many industries are coming up new technology that is an improvement of the present. The automobile, construction, power and many other industries will continue coming up with new models that are efficient and effective. Hence it means that physics will continue to be explored by physicians and help in the industrialization.
Breithaipt, J. Physics for advanced level. Cheltenham: Nelson Thornes, 2000.
Cutnell, J. D. & Johnson, K. W. Physics 5th ed. USA: John Wiley & Sons Inc, 2001.
Glaser, P. F., Davidson, P. and Csigi, K. I.. Solar Power Satellites: The Emerging Energy Option. New York: Ellis Horwood, 1993.
Green, Martin. Solar Cells: Operating Principles, Technology, and System Applications. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1982.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In real life situations, there are many applications of physics. Physics is applied in almost everything we do and everything around us from household chores, in school and in professional practices like engineering. It ranges from simple applications like boiling water to complex professional ones like road and rail construction. Some of the most common applications are as discussed below. Water and well pumps Water and well pumps are utilized to draw water from a profundity where the water table is a few feet underneath the range of provision.... [tags: water pumps, motor coolant, auto breaking]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- ABSTRACT Several researchers have devoted efforts on studying physics of arc and descriptive models are used to explain many arc welding related phenomena. However, due to the subject complexity, doubts still emerge about the mechanisms of some phenomena related to the arc. For instance, the description about electromagnetic interactions with the arc, which governs the arc trajectory and lead to plasma jet and arc blow formation, seems to be yet controversial. Thus, the present study aimed a better understanding of these phenomena.... [tags: Physics ]
1244 words (3.6 pages)
- Includes program code Physics engines are used to simulate real physical interactions in a virtual environment. Many 3d based applications have physic engines included. Software such as modeling and animation programs, have physics engines that tell the program how the models react to certain forces to make them seem more realistic. This is used in the movie industry when creating computer generated effects to composite with live footage. They computer generated images need to look and react the same as real objects.... [tags: physics video game computer]
1422 words (4.1 pages)
- Computer simulations are used very much in physics. Simple ones are used to do demonstrations of basic mechanics problems that would not normally be possible. Complex ones are used to simulate problems involving fluids, plasma, and turbulence. Some of these simulations are so complicated that entire installations are dedicated to them. There are many different applications of physics simulations. Almost all things in physics can be demonstrated. However, many of these things are much more fesable to simulate rather than to a physical demosntration.... [tags: Physics, Computers, Applications, Technologies]
318 words (0.9 pages)
- Analysis of Industries In today¡¦s advancing technology state, one must be aware of information management systems and how they are shaping lives. Many industries are involved in information technology, and it is that technology which enables them to survive. Five major industries are health, services, manufacturing, finance, and retail. It is hard to say which one is affected more by technology because they all are in their own individual ways. The topics of IT they all share, but the way that information technology is used and introduced in each industry makes them different.... [tags: Technology Manufacturing Industries Essays]
3529 words (10.1 pages)
- The Physics of Fishing The use of a boat while fishing and some of the physics applicable to boating will be included in exploring the various ways physics applies to the sport of fishing. Other topics will include the fishing rod, fishing lure, casting, and the fish itself. The boat floats on the water according to Archimedes Principle which states an immersed object is buoyed up by a force equal to the weight of the fluid it displaces. The force applied downwards by earth’s gravity coupled with the upward force of buoyancy allows the boat to float.... [tags: Physics ]
871 words (2.5 pages)
- Remote Sensing is the science of acquiring, processing and interpreting images that record the interaction between the electromagnetic energy and matter (Sabins, 1997). Remote sensing offers extensive applications in almost every area of science from monitoring forest fires to geologic mapping . Although many aspects of remote sensing are complex and difficult to understand the basic theory behind remote sensing is simple physics. There are four major stages of remote sensing. The first stage is the source of energy, usually the sun, which sends energy to a target.... [tags: Physics]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- As stated by the relativity laws we are able to understand the relative motion of matter at higher velocities and the phenomena of length contraction and time dilation. We have arguments stating these irregular behavior at incredible speeds. The theories put forward by many scientists just satisfy the particular need but it fails at some place and a new theory was laid to make up the gap. Do you know the real thing. Our ancestors have made the background of Physics. It is really hard to imagine if they have made a little blunder that can collapse the entire World's scientific situation.... [tags: Physics]
1284 words (3.7 pages)
- Analysis of Cooper Industries OVERVIEW: Cooper Industries is a broadly diversified manufacturer of electrical and general industrial products, and energy related machinery and equipment. The company operates in three different business segments with 21 separate profit centers. These segments include electrical and electronic, commercial and industrial, compression, drilling and energy equipment. The product line is consisted of cheap fuses to $3 million compressor tribune sets along with products such as hand tools and light fixtures.... [tags: Cooper Industries Business Management Essays]
610 words (1.7 pages)
- Before I begin my discussion about how physics effects fencing and how fencers use physics for more effective fencing, I will briefly discuss the origins of the sport of fencing. The first two fencing manuals were created and published in 1471and 1474. These emerged from an attempt at developing a system to teach people how to weild a light sword more effectively inbattle and duels in Frankfurt, Germany. Over the years, two distinct styles emerge. They were French and Italian. The french style relied mostly on strategy while Itialian used mostly physical strenght(Roswell).... [tags: sport physics fencing sword fighting]
1178 words (3.4 pages)