Applications of Fertilisers
Plants, like people, need regular feeding. If the balance of essential substances in the body of the plant is broken - it starts to get sick and may die. To maintain this balance at the required level, you can by adding various fertilizers. What is the fertiliser? Fertilizers – are substances used to improve plant nutrition, soil properties, and to increase the harvest. This essay will be about the description of the soils; types of fertilisers and reasons for using them; a description of a specific use of fertilisers to solve a soil quality problem.
Generally soil is composed of:
1. Mineral oil (50-60% of total)
2. The organic substance (5-10%)
3. Air (15-25%)
4. Water (25-35%)
There are 6 types of soils:
Sandy - The size of grains are divided into classes : very large ( more than 3.5 mm) and large ( 3.0-3.5 mm ), medium ( 2.0-2.5 mm ) , small ( 1.5-2.0 mm ), very small ( 1.0-1.5 mm ) , thin ( 0.7-1.0 mm ), very thin ( 0.7 mm). Sand is the only type of soil that has the largest particles in compare with other five types of soil.
Silty- contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, nitrogen, phosphorus, bacteria Coli per 1g of dry substance. However, the composition silt depends on the composition of the wastewater, the purification schemes and other factors.
Clay- when it is wet it will stick to your hands but when it is dry it won’t. Here are the main minerals that clay contains: kaolinite, andalusite, kyanite and sillimanite, halloysite, gibbsite, diasporas, aluminum oxide, monotermit, montmorillonite, muscovite, nacrite, pyrophyllite.
Peaty- is hard to be mixed with water, but once it is done it would be a nice soil for the plant growth. It also has the acidic water which ‘fights’ w...
... middle of paper ...
Russell, Sean. "Characteristics of Loam Soil | EHow." EHow. Demand Media, 18 Oct. 2010. Web. 16 Nov. 2013.
Kichura, Venice. "The Benefits of Loam Soil | EHow." EHow. Demand Media, 24 Nov. 2010. Web. 16 Nov. 2013.
“Fertilizers and crop yield” BBC News. BBC, n.d. Web. 16 Nov. 2013.
"Environmental Benefits of Using Fertilizers." Agro Service Internationa. N.p., n.d. Web. 2013.
Whitman, Ann, and Suzanne DeJohn. "How to Assess Soil Composition." - For Dummies. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Due to the existence of malware samples in large amount of data malware detection techniques are introduced. Machine learning techniques are being applied to classify the applications focusing malware detection. Android has impressive growth in the domain of smart phones. Hence to overcome its better to group malware samples with structural similarities. Clustering technique in Android applications is an important technique in machine learning and gives automatic classication of applications by categorizing malware.... [tags: Algorithm, Applications]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- Database Processing Applications Computers are one of the most important things of everyday life. However, for most of us do not realize that the thing inside of that computer that makes the computer what it is. The thing that helps us communicate and create with a computer is the applications in which we install on the computer that give the computer its personal. One application is the one that companies use to store; share data on a database system, in order to be successful called a database processing application.... [tags: Computers. Companies, Applications]
1260 words (3.6 pages)
- Mobile Application were designed to be used on smart phones, tablets and any other hand held devices. Mobile Applications have become such a viral thing in today’s century. Mobile Communication has integrated so much in our lives we almost feel incomplete if we were to leave our cell phones at home. When mobile apps were first created it were just the basic applications on your software such as, calculator, calendar and clock. The first cell phone manufactured was the Motorola Brick this phone was just a simple operating system whereas it was only use for calling and the only application was the contact list.... [tags: Operating Systems, Mobile Applications]
1219 words (3.5 pages)
- Case Studies: 1) IFFCO: Indian Farmers Fertiliser Co-operative Limited (IFFCO) was registered on November 3, 1967 as a Multi-unit Co-operative Society. The Society is primarily engaged in production and distribution of fertilisers. It is a unique venture in which the farmers of the country through their own co operative societies created this new institution to safeguard their interests. (IFFCO 2013) Plants owned by IFFCO: • Kalol Unit (Ammonia - Urea complex) in the state of Gujarat in 1975. • Kandla Unit (NPK/DAP plant) in the state of Gujarat in 1975.... [tags: fertiliser industry, canada]
2150 words (6.1 pages)
- The Increase in the use of applications on mobile computing and also user needs like portable cell phones and devices will increase the need for the mobile wireless networks in the upcoming years. Cell Phone users will assume more bandwidth and less amount of delays in the cell phone network. All these expectations and assumptions will increase in the infrastructures of mobile industries which will eventually lead to the discharge or emission of carbon dioxide. We can say that by 2020, 181 Megatons of carbon dioxide is emitted by mobile networks, which is almost equal to triple.... [tags: Mobile phone, Cellular network, Carbon dioxide]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- The Use of Fertilisers and Pesticides in Agriculture Agriculture today dominates the majority of all land uses. As a result it has a fundamental role in maintaining the countryside and protecting the environment. The development of the use of fertilisers and pesticides has dramatically increased the efficiency of food production and has in fact more than quadrupled food production in the last century. They also have reduced the cost and increased the variety of foods available.... [tags: Papers]
2430 words (6.9 pages)
- I’ve had to define and redefine my role while at Best Buy. After months of negotiations, I met with my CIO and she told me and my team to stop our approach on a project. It was a significant setback and I was responsible for telling everyone impacted, our two and half months of in-process work had to stop. During these times, I found that my network and relationships throughout my short time at Best Buy became pivotal, and being playful, experimenting, and discovering what happens when I act like a leader, would turn this failure into a success.... [tags: Doctorate, Doctor of Philosophy, Best Buy]
1886 words (5.4 pages)
- The Use of Fertilisers in Farming Plants or in this case crops make their own food through photosynthesis, but in order to do so require nutrients. These come in two main forms: Macronutrients and Micronutrients. The primary nutrients that plants use include nitrogen, phosphorus and potassium, of which are usually depleted first in the soil because plants use large amounts of them for their growth. Secondary nutrients are calcium, magnesium and sulphur, but there are usually enough of these nutrients in the soil.... [tags: Papers]
2098 words (6 pages)
- SQLite in Android Applications If we look at the architecture of Android we come to know that SQLite is present in the libraries section as the resident or embedded Relational DBMS, which can be used in applications in which content provider is involved (Holla & Katti, 2012). Architecture of android application is given in the figure 1. It is important to store, use and modify data by using SQLite in the system because Android provides the facility of this database to the people so that they can access the information that are presents in the contact list or mainly in its main RDBMS.... [tags: SQL, Database, Database management system]
1708 words (4.9 pages)
- Fertilizers are substances added to the soil sprayed on leaves of plants to help them grow better or in some cases faster. Plants need twenty essentail elements to help them grow. Plants make carbohydrates. A plant needs nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sulfur, and magnesium the most to grow healthy. Most soils naturally contain enough trace elements for field crops, but such elements must be added when certain fruits and vegetable plants are grown. Nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium are the top three elements needed in plant growth.... [tags: essays research papers]
593 words (1.7 pages)