Palm Beach County zoning division currently reviews applications for residential and commercial projects submitted by private developers, retail companies, and general contractors. The submittal of documents such as site plans, regulating plans, surveys, engineering statements, together with concurrency forms are submitted through the zoning department and disseminated through the other seventeen agencies for approval. During this process not only is it costly to the applicant but a tremendous amount of paperwork that is being produced and often time is wasted through the approval process. By implementing the application software, it will reduce the amount of paper that is being submitted to zoning. In addition, this will reduce the amount of paper being printed and will provide the other agencies such as engineering, traffic, water-utilities, planning, and building a way to access the information online rather having to wait...
... middle of paper ...
...imited access with only the ability to view the approval process of their submitted applications. In the table provided a weighted multi-criteria analysis will be conducted and analyzed for the most efficient way in processing the applications. The table shown below analyzes all the alternatives a rating of 5 signifies it meets or exceeds the requirements for the system software. For each requirement and constraint, a score is calculated by multiplying each requirement and constraint by the weight to receive a score. Alternative C is the most efficient when it comes to the online components being processed. However, it’s also the most Alternative A is the ideal solution for the constraints. Alternative B is the choice that make the most since it’s efficient and economical from a software perspective and will not require a tremendous operating budget to manufacture.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... Some of the drawbacks of the on-premises application delivery model such as remote access were addressed by the adoption of the Internet by businesses in the 1990s. The increased use of the internet led to the introduction of another application delivery model named the hosted software model which used the internet as the medium of delivering software application to end users (Sridhar, 2009). In the hosted model, the application software physically resides at a third party (called the application service provider) data centre where it is operationally managed by the service provider (Papazoglou, 2003) on behalf of the licensee.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- ... Architecture can provide basis of throwaway prototype. Architecture enables a system’s driving quality attributes. Architecture is responsible for defining constraints on subsequent implementation. With the above list of important it shows how and why software architecture is important in carrying out a project Before beginning the designing of a software system, an architects needs to get the key requirement that affect the important structure of the system. The architectural drivers have great influence on the early design decisions the architect makes.... [tags: Database, SQL, Application software]
1117 words (3.2 pages)
- ... In addition those who own one version of the application, but wish to switch to a different version of the product line will be able to do so at a reduced cost. These software applications have be concept tested through speaking to those who work within the meat industry, beta testing will occur at Walnut Hill Farm whom already has a simplistic version of the application and has expressed interest in upgrading to the third tier version of the product. Future product lines would include moving into other areas of the food industry and eventually other industries all together.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- ... • Emulated Natural Language (ENL) technology The spinning tool rewrites text by analyzing the sentence based from its fundamental meaning. It simulates the way humans analyze content. No one would like to read contents reproduced by automated computers with substandard quality. Other spinning tool creates new content by providing the synonyms for all the words in the articles. The ENL function recognizes the correlation of words in the sentences. Hence, it is capable of producing unique versions of your article.... [tags: Computer software, Application software]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Also, the Mentcare uses the centralized database where the doctors will have access to the patient records anywhere even though they don’t have secured connection. I prefer Integration and configuration process model for the Mentcare system. Reason: The reason for choosing the Integration and configuration process model there will be parallel activities like specific the user requirements, develop and validates only the right user should access the data of the individuals because Mentcare saves the data in centralized database only the authorized individual should be able to access the patient information.... [tags: Software development process, Waterfall model]
914 words (2.6 pages)
- Todays’ society vastly operates off various forms of technology that has a variety of software suites and applications available. Even the everyday stay at home individuals, at one point uses a technological software. Software is useful for various things from everyday tasks to business documents, and many software’s and applications are free. Therefore, personally speaking there are five software suites or applications, which are the most useful and are available for free; some do not even need to be downloaded.... [tags: Computer software, Microsoft, Computer program]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- I am Koteswara Rao Chandra, doing MS (CIS) in California University of Management and Sciences – San Diego. Before starting MS in calums, I worked as Assistant Software Engineer in Choice Software Ltd – Hyderabad, India for 18 months. I worked on MSBI (Microsoft Business Intelligence) and Java technologies. Choice Software Limited is a premier global Information Technology industry-focused Implementation and outsourcing Services Provider with an exceptional track record of providing high quality, on-budget, and on-time solutions to demanding clients.... [tags: Software development process, Waterfall model]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- ... The roles of the project are clearly defined and developers have few freedoms in the direction of purpose of the project. The version releases are often long intervals apart, and as a result more stable than shorter, quicker releases. This model does not inherently offer much compensation for the developers, and as such external motivators are required, such as payment. This is because unlike the Bazaar Model, developers have limited freedom in what they develop, and the long release times reduce the immediate positive feedback developers receive from seeing their application being used.... [tags: Open source, Free software, Source code]
792 words (2.3 pages)
- Fault Tolerance Application Software Introduction Today's business requirements drive the necessity for software applications that enable organizations to maintain constant and continuous availability. We are living in a 24/7 world. Brick and mortar businesses that only needed to worry about the security of their hard assets after closing for the day now have websites allowing customers to shop online at their convenience. Simply establishing a web presence is not enough to compete in the market.... [tags: Business Software]
1623 words (4.6 pages)
- Hawkins is an inventor, and he walked away from PDA’s because he saw cell phones were everywhere and wanted to invent the best voice based application. He new there was a need for an application that could combine all the features of the mobile communication and organization tools in the market today. I believe he was not only creative, but very smart about the market place, because, he foresaw that PDA’s were becoming commodities. The price, at which PDA’s were being sold, would severely cramped margins of any company expecting large returns from these devices.... [tags: essays research papers]
598 words (1.7 pages)
- Socialism Is Not A Miracle Of The Crumbling Nation Of Greece
- Communism And The New Society
- The Civil War : A Bloody And Vicious War
- Customer Service At A New Era
- The Article ' Addiction And Sugar Subsidies ' Poor Nations ' Exports
- The Main Sources Of Conflict Between The North And The South- Conflict