The purpose of the e-portfolio is primarily two-fold; it is an important source of information for parents, students and other interested parties; secondly it is a tool for the teacher to demonstrate their competency in the ISTE-T. This unit of instruction is intended to help teachers build their e-portfolio, furthermore, when the instructor models technology tools that learners can incorporate into their own classroom instruction, it helps learners create 21st century lessons that meet the ISTE-T.
Typically, a teacher website might be used by the teacher to disseminate digital assignments or collaborate with students and parents via blogs or discussion boards. Students might use the website to review class notes, watch an instructional video or download assignments. Parents might use the website to find out more about a teacher, contact them, obtain information about tutoring times or just find out what is happening in the classroom.
The three technologies were chosen for incorporation into the plan of instruction are Office Mix, OneNote and Google Photo. All of these technologies may be utilized on smart phones, tablets and computers, regardless of the operating system. There are limitations in features with Office Mix and OneNote when the user is not utilizing a Microsoft computer, however this unit requires all users to have a Windows computer or laptop so that full functionality is included. Furthermore, all learners on this campus have ready access to these devices.
OneNote has a multitude of organizational, collaboration and productivity features. Following analysis of this tool, it’s versatility and excellent educational features make it a must-have in any teacher’s toolkit. Since the learners in th...
... middle of paper ...
...These resources can then be used by homebound or absent students and as re-teach tools for struggling learners. In the unit of instruction, learners who forget how to do something can refer to an Office Mix to review the steps.
Since learners have a variety of digital devices in their toolkit, it was important to select tools that are device agnostic. All learners have an iPad, a Windows laptop and the majority also own a smart phone, all of whom use these devices to take photos. The analysis demonstrated that Google Photo is device agnostic, since teachers love anything that is free, the unlimited free storage also proved to be an attractive feature. Since some teachers struggle with technology, any photo editing software had to be easy to use and had to store photos in a format compatible for use on the Internet. Google Photo provided the functionality needed.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Technologies Chosen The purpose of the e-portfolio is primarily two-fold; it is an important source of information for parents, students and other interested parties; secondly it is a tool for the teacher to demonstrate their competency in the ISTE-T. This unit of instruction is intended to help teachers build their e-portfolio, furthermore, when the instructor models technology tools that learners can incorporate into their own classroom instruction, it helps learners create 21st century lessons that meet the ISTE-T.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Teacher]
1014 words (2.9 pages)
- For my portfolio letter I wish to thank everyone who impacted my education in any way and gave me motivation to keep studying because I felt like I did not have the ability nor the skills to continue my education. This course molded me into a better writer and made me enjoy writing more than anything else. The revisions that I made throughout the course allowed me to improve on my sentence structures, organize my essay, personalize my essays by creating a theme for it to revolve around, and avoid writer’s block.... [tags: Writing, Essay, Essays, Learning]
840 words (2.4 pages)
- Structured Portfolio Assignment Prepare a structured portfolio relating to your teaching activities over a minimum of a 3 month period. Introduction This is a portfolio of the teaching activities I undertake as a Teaching Fellow. I will be reflecting on my activities and discussing the principles that I have tried to use to guide my teaching. I am a clinical teaching fellow in Medicine and I am involved with teaching undergraduate medical students. I am also involved with the examination of medical students at different stages of their study.... [tags: Clinical Fellow, Teaching Portfolio]
3592 words (10.3 pages)
- ... In particular, similar states to look at would be those with a heavy industrial and agricultural heritage, strong current focus on technological development, and a budding environmental based economy. Other states’ cause-effect relationships would most definitely still apply, but demographically similar states would have the most validity for comparison. The unit of analysis in this case would be organization level, particularly the utilities and their success in meeting the requirements of the law, relative to the strictness of the law, and success in increasing the new generation of clean energy.... [tags: energy, economy, stakeholders]
1751 words (5 pages)
- PACE II Portfolio Big Idea Technology and Communication Unit Topic “All About Me” Presenting Ourselves with Technology I. A. Overarching Essential Question(s): (1) How can technology be used to communicate. Enduring Understandings: (2) Students will know understand that… 1. Communication can be enhanced using technology and computer applications. 2. Presentation software applications are tools for communication. I. B. Topical Essential Questions: (3) 1. What are the various forms of communication.... [tags: Lesson Plan]
1327 words (3.8 pages)
- Introduction The purpose of this research document is to showcase the mechanics and reasoning behind the proposed personal portfolio project which will be created by Rob Geis in the upcoming academic year for the final year module. Rob Geis is a current second year student of the Multimedia Technology & Design course at State University. Keen to pursue a career in website development Rob will be undertaking a one year Website Development placement during the academic year at Global Digital Solutions.... [tags: Multimedia Technology & Design]
2717 words (7.8 pages)
- Every fall high school seniors around the globe are in a state of panic. Of course you are no stranger to this process, you have dealt with this stress firsthand. What process is being described you may ask. The process of applying to college. Each year seniors scramble to submit applications, transcripts, and letters of recommendations to the schools of their choice. These documents are essential for nearly all students who want to advance to an institution of higher learning, but for many the paper trail does not end there.... [tags: Art, Visual arts, Modern portfolio theory]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- Drama Portfolio How did the first drama exercise develop your ideas. We first tried a simple drama interview with some prejudice. We thought we could develop it by adding more drama strategies. We also thought that we could increase the prejudice of the interviewer and maybe, instead of him saying his own inner thoughts, he could have a conscience/alter-ego to say it for him. This lead on to the thought that we could make his alter-egos control him and his actions. What were your first thoughts.... [tags: Education School Theatre Plays Essays]
1265 words (3.6 pages)
- Introduction Riordan Manufacturing roots and core competency stem from Dr. Riordan’s research and development (R&D) focused business model. The focus on R&D has forged a reputation as a partner of any organization with a need for plastic, polymer, and fan component products. Due to the wide variety of applications of these products Riordan has developed long term relationships in several industries including beverage, medical, and manufacturing. The special focus on research allows Riordan to maintain a strategic advantage over competitors due to the scarcity of knowledge related to the creation of materials that support customer requirements.... [tags: Business Strategy]
1848 words (5.3 pages)
- Electronic Portfolio’s Electronic portfolios or E-folios for short are becoming essential tools, not only for the technology industry, but also for students, job-seekers, and even employers. E-folio’s are a great way to express literally anything that you want. This is the reason why e-folios are so unique and mainly why they have the ability to be so versatile. But, what exactly is an e-folio, and how is it created. I will go over these questions and why e-folios should be used whenever possible.... [tags: Essays Papers]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- A Coordinator Of Retention And Student Success Services
- My New School At School
- Defining And Discuss Osteoporosis : What Dietary Interventions Can Help Prevent Or Treat Osteoporosis
- The Story Of An Hour By Kate Chopin
- Why People Got Married And Eventually Get A Divorce
- Plant Wide General Recycling Program