Microsoft Excel 2013 (Ms Excel 2013) is a spreadsheet application advanced by Microsoft as part of Ms Office suit software whose stable system release was on September 8th, 2015. The application incorporates numerous new features ranging from calculation tools, graphing tools, pivot tables among other productive, collaborative and security features all for performance improvements.
Basically, the Excel 2013 has its improvements from previous versions due to its ability of highlighting the expedient and relevant features for the common users. Exploring the various features in Ms Excel 2013 would require categorizing its functionality in terms of productivity, collaboration and the security features.
Microsoft Excel 2013 Features on productivity.
Ms Excel 2013 as a number of features with respect to productivity. They comprise;
I. Availability of Flash Fill features.
Usually, the feature antedates formatting and data requirements through a process of recognizing patterns thus finishing whatever the user started. For example, once the user transposes record 's name value into last name, first name order, the Flash Fill recognizes the pattern and suggests possible entries to complete the column when the user does the same for the second record. In this case, Flash Fill displays the list giving the user two choices:
Press Enter - complete list
Press [Esc] - remove it.
The figure below demonstrates how the feature works;
II. Recommended Charts;
Mostly, many users do not know the suitable chart type for their data and hence Recommended Charts (from Insert tab) takes the speculation out of the process and lets the user to pick from a variety of charts that are right for the data. On clicking a chart, the use...
... middle of paper ...
Microsoft Excel 2013 has greatly improved the user experience by focusing on flash-filling, quick-analyzing and intelligent charts. User data is now, in a better position to convince and convey meaning to the relevant avenues both offline and online. Raw data can now be converted using recommended data analysis and organization tools, effectively. Although there has been a number of positive features introduced, the application also had its negatives especially on the expectations with respects to these excellent features. For example, there are no new shortcuts introduced similar to those provided by our free Excel add-in, which would otherwise update later in the year to ensure compatibility with Excel 2013. More so, the formatting style has had no improvement making it so cumbersome in formatting cells as it were in Excel 2007 and even 2003.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Everyone knows the basics of Microsoft Office, but do you know how to use the COUNT formula in Excel or create a signature line in Word. Taking classes in high school and being a part of the Future Business Leaders of America (FLBA) organization allowed me to learn the more advanced features of Microsoft Office. The FBLA organization helped me do this by competing in computerized competitions at the local, state, and national level. My high school even offered the Microsoft Office Specialist test, which allowed me to become certified.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft]
1016 words (2.9 pages)
- Easy Tips to Improve your Excel Formulas Many people in the business world tend to shy away from using Microsoft Excel. One of the main reasons that they do this is because they are intimidated by excel formulas. These are definitely areas within the program that are difficult, especially when you are first starting out. However, with a few tricks and tips, you can easily find that it is much simpler than perceived to create effective and powerful excel formulas. Here are some ways for you to do just that: Keep it Simple The first thing you need to remember when you are working with Excel formulas is to keep them as simple as you possible can.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel]
931 words (2.7 pages)
- “If students are “glued” 24/7 to their mobile devices, why is it necessary for schools to teach digital literacy” (Crowley). Now that technology has had major developments over the years, more students are using technology instead of books to learn. As unfortunate as that may sounds, digital literacy is just as important as reading, writing, and math. Over the years, there are many schools who have considered placing digital literacy into the curriculum. Unless technology suddenly disappears, students need to understand the importance of digital literacy.... [tags: Writing, Education, Reading, Microsoft Word]
1025 words (2.9 pages)
- Xbox One VS PlayStation 4 Do you or any of your friends play video games on a console. If you ask gamers the question, “gaming console you like the most?” they will probably say Xbox One or PlayStation 4. Xbox and PlayStation are known as the most popular gaming consoles of all the time. These two consoles have been competing for a very long time for the throne of the best game console since 2001 until now. In this article, we are going to find out which console has the best advertisement, We are going to determine this not by the console’s hardware, not by its cool features, and not by what exclusive games they have.... [tags: Video game console, Microsoft, Xbox 360]
1606 words (4.6 pages)
- Introduction Most of you might have heard of the renowned software that’s been alive for decades and is at its peaks as it’s been producing and developing the software year after year. Microsoft Office is an office suite of applications, servers, and services developed by Microsoft. It was first announced by Bill Gates on 1 August 1988, at COMDEX in Las Vegas (Anon., n.d.). Originally a marketing term for a bundled set of applications, the first version of Office contained Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint.... [tags: Microsoft Office, Microsoft, Word processor]
1172 words (3.3 pages)
- At some point in your life you’re going to have to use Word, Excel and PowerPoint whether it’s in your personal life or your professional one. I must say though my favorite and most productive of the three would have to be Excel. Excel is a spreadsheet design by Microsoft that can be ran on numerous operating systems. From Windows servers 2008 to windows 8.1 with a memory of 1or 2 gm rams. Although if you want to access the graphic features on excel it is best to use a 2 GB ram which is (64- bit).... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Office, Microsoft]
853 words (2.4 pages)
- ... In Businesses Spreadsheets are used in different ways within business workplace. In common, spreadsheets store data, but they also provide a range of tools to manage and process the data. This makes them particularly useful for businesses environment. Through formulas, spreadsheets can perform mathematical, statistical, financial and organisational transformations and calculations. Spreadsheets also help to present data in user friendly view Businesses use spreadsheets in ways that are suited to their own services, some of the examples that business could use spreadsheets for are: Cash flow forecasting Cash flow is an accounting document used by businesses, which illustrates t... [tags: columns, rows, data]
1582 words (4.5 pages)
- Word Microsoft Corporation USE APP 1 / 3 Unit 2. Working in the Science Industry Assignment 3. Part A. 1. How would you transfer old written documents (e.g.) Health and Safety records) into the LIMS. Most old documents are hand written but now we rely on electronic copy as it is easier to find using the search button rather than looking through stacks of old paper documents, one by one.Old documents such as images and files can be scanned and uploaded onto the system, in a PDF format or word format and old data such as order lists, which used to be kept in a log book, can be put in spreadsheet format such as Excel, in a folder, with a clear name to show what the investigation is about.... [tags: Spreadsheet, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office]
1380 words (3.9 pages)
- Exploring Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Access Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet application, which will enable the analysis of data because it is able to perform calculations and routine mathematical operations for example a cash flow forecast. Spreadsheet files are known as workbooks, in which you work and store your data. Because each workbook can contain many sheets, you can organise various kinds of related information in a single file. Simple formula such as using Sum will add up column or rows of data quite easily, while more complicated formulas using IF statements can compare different values and then inserts the appropriate result.... [tags: Papers]
523 words (1.5 pages)
- Benefits of Using Microsoft Excel Since the beginning of the American school system; educators have tried to improve their teaching techniques in order, to be more effective in the classroom. With the recent technological advances we have benefited from in the past couple of decades; the educational system has greatly improved. For the last ten to fifteen years, the school system has successfully phased in the curriculum frequent computer usage in the classrooms, in order to improve the students ability to adapt to the growing use of computers in the work force.... [tags: essays papers]
1654 words (4.7 pages)