The Geneva Conventions, alongside the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR), and the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907, delineate IHL, and in some context, International Human Rights Law (IHRL). This analysis will concentrate itself primordially on the Genova Contentions. Likewise, there are four conventions, and three additional protocols, being; the First Geneva Convention, for the Amelioration of the Condition of the Wounded and Sick in Armed Forces in the Field (1949), the Second Geneva Convention, for the Amelioration of the Condition of Wounded, Sick and Shipwrecked Members of Armed Forces at Sea (1949), the Third Geneva Convention, relative to the Treatment of Prisoners of War (1949), the Fourth Geneva Convention, relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War (1949), Protocol I additional to the Geneva C...
... middle of paper ...
The Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UDHR, Declaration of Human Rights, Human Rights Declaration, Human Rights Charter, The UN and Human Rights. (1948, December 10). UN News Center. Retrieved December 11, 2013, from http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/index.shtml#atop
Reports of the Secretary-General on the Sudan. (2006, August 31). United Nations Security Council Resolution, Resolution 1706, 1-6.
Reports of the Secretary-General on the Sudan. (2007, July 31). United Nations Security Council Resolution, Resolution 1769, 1-6.
Reports of the Secretary-General on the Sudan. (2013, July 30). United Nations Security Council Resolution, Resolution 2113, 1-10.
UNAMID Facts and Figures - African Union/United Nations Hybrid operation in Darfur. (2013). UN News Center. Retrieved December 7, 2013, from http://www.un.org/en/peacekeeping/missions/unamid/facts.shtml
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Genocide in Darfur Darfur is the western region of the African country of Sudan. Currently, the people of Darfur have been continually attacked by the Sudanese army and by proxy-militia controlled by the Sudanese government. Families are being uprooted and starved, children tormented and murdered by the thousands and women raped without punishment. Innocent civilians in Darfur continue to be victims of unthinkable brutality. Many people have become homeless and seek protection in refugee camps in Chad.... [tags: Darfur]
1163 words (3.3 pages)
- As of February 2003 more than four-hundred thousand Darfuri citizens have been found slaughtered on the side of the streets of their home town. Prior to 2003, Darfur, Sudan has a population of six million people. In 2003, two rebel groups came to the conclusion of the government’s neglect in decision to rise against the government of Sudan. As a result, the Sudanese government unleashed the forces of Arab militias (also known as the Janjaweed). With blood on their hands, the Janjaweed have been the accused for the misplacing of many villages and people.... [tags: Sudan, Darfuri Citizens, Middle East, Murder]
1397 words (4 pages)
- The product that this company will be providing is a software application that can be placed on your mobile device in addition to being able to be accessed online. Users will download the application from our website directly allowing for them to select the application that fits their needs. For the first product line we will be targeting provincial meat processing plants. This product line will allow for the users to easily complete government required paperwork. There will be three versions of this software.... [tags: System software, Application software]
1573 words (4.5 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- Relentless innovation in the way businesses apply computing power to automate business processes has translated into incredible gains in just a few short decades. These innovations have had positive influence in the models used by businesses for delivering software applications to their users. The software application delivery models have evolved over the years starting with the on-premises application delivery whereby application software was installed and operated on a computer located on the premises of the software licensee, rather than at a remote facility.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
751 words (2.1 pages)
- “If money is your hope for independence, you will never have it. The only real security a man will have in this world is a reserve of knowledge, experience and ability” – Henry Ford. I define myself as a student with high spirits of enthusiasm to learn and lead. I never had a satisfaction that can halt my education, since one goes keep on learning things, the need to learn more pop’s out. A person like me with high aim’s and aspirations always fetches to find a perfect platform to grab as much of knowledge as I can.... [tags: Sample Application Essay]
1045 words (3 pages)
- As of March of 2008, a total of 300,000 people have died in Darfur, Sudan due to genocide. That is equivalent to the entire population of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Genocide started back in February of 2003 in Darfur, Sudan. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights defines the liberties set for everyone in the World. Established in 1948, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights displays the rights and freedoms to which all humans are entitled to. The situation in Darfur, Sudan is known as Genocide, Genocide is defined as a systematic extermination or attempt at exterminating a national, political, racial or cultural group.... [tags: Human Rights]
1458 words (4.2 pages)
- Every time the television is turned on viewers are exposed to conflicts occurring on the other side of the globe. Technology has made it so that some struggle occurring in some distant land is simply the morning headline for the common person. As the world becomes more and more connected, once domestic conflicts soon spread to the international level. This is why it becomes increasingly important to understand how a conflict can be formed, as well as how they are able to affect a much greater population than those parties involved directly.... [tags: Human Rights]
1965 words (5.6 pages)
- There are many worldwide conflicts that occurred throughout history that made a negative impact on the world, but there’s one of these conflicts that stood out from the rest, and still remains present in today’s society. This conflict is called a genocide; the deliberate and systematic extermination of a nation, racial, political or cultural group ( United States ). According to the united sates holocaust memorial museum the term genocide didn’t really come about until 1944. A Jewish- Polish lawyer coined the name genocide in 1944.... [tags: Racism]
2012 words (5.7 pages)
- 480,000 killed, 2.8 million displaced, and it’s still going on today after 11 years (Darfur Genocide). Right now people in Darfur are still in fear of dying every day, women and children of all ages are being rapped. Men women and children are being slaughtered, injured, and destroyed all being done by one group the Janjaweed. Russia and China are trying to help this genocide stop by sending money and peacekeepers (10 years later). The rest of the world hasn’t gone through much other than one war, but they should be helping put this to an end.... [tags: janjaweed, mass killings, tribes]
953 words (2.7 pages)