During the last ten years, the constructive development of computer technology has brought tremendous positive impacts on many aspects of our life, including but not limited to business, communication and governance. There is no doubt at all that we have come to the age of digitization from the beginning of the 21st century since more than 99% of information now is stored in the digital form. Since then, our ways of receiving information and interpreting it has changed; when we come up with a question, instead of going through a textbook, we go online and search for answers. This transition has revolutionized education by alternating its nature; education is no longer confined to any higher education institution nor any geographical location; education can take place everywhere at any time. As far as I am concerned, e-learning will become the future of education thanks to the advancement of information technologies. In 2014, it was estimated that nearly half of the college students in the United States were taking, at least, one online class, and this number will likely double up by the year of 2015. (Ref.) What’s more, E-education is an ongoing trend not only in American society but also in many other communities across the globe; it not only provide the instructors more ways than ever to engage their students, but also to connect the students, especially those who are underprivileged, to broader learning communities. In this way, online education could be used as an efficient means to bridge the educational gap between the people from developed and developing countries and help the people to reach the ultimate educational goals with more instrumental freedoms.
I will discu...
... middle of paper ...
...pon release...”. (Ref.) The local government introduced this move to end a social problem, and yet, it can have more positive feedbacks than the government could assumed. Online education can be used as an extricable approach to stimulate the social upward mobility; people who received online education are able to contribute to the economically productive activities, which can boost both their personal and national incomes. What 's more, this act should expand to more population who lived in developing countries, especially to children, to improve their levels of education. This case study of Latin American prisoners elucidates an idea that online education can be used as a strong force to end the inequalities between the people from developed and developing countries since education has a positive correlation with economic facilities as well as social opportunities.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Information Technology has been the one of the most evolved forms of communication for the last century. It never gets old and continues to amaze us on how much more we can communicate with one another and intertwine into other users lives. The business world has benefited immensely with the exploration of making daily task simpler and reaching more users. Information Technology is a catch 22, it brings forth so much beauty with its innovative ways but, causes so much pain to the traditional relationships once used by humans.... [tags: Computer, Personal computer, ENIAC]
1302 words (3.7 pages)
- We live in a world that can’t live without binary code anymore. Computers have pervaded so deep in our lives that they are now being called ubiquitous. With phenomenal increase in users, has come a phenomenal increase in data. We generate a vast amount of data through activities on our computing devices making it necessary to employ intelligent algorithms which enable the system to learn from and analyze this vast dataset. Fortunately, the advent of Distributed Computing has created avenues to access virtually limitless computing power even through mobile devices thus, allowing us to use highly complex and large scale algorithms.... [tags: technology, computers, academics]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Increase Employee Productivity with Technology Staying ahead of the competition and increasing profits are the fundamental objectives for every organization. However, many firms today continue to invest extensively in business development activities and less on employee productivity. This mindset ignores the firm’s chief asset and its core foundation, its workforce. The fact is employee productivity can make or break a firm, and a firm staffed with underperforming employees will inevitably fail regardless of the amount invested into business development.... [tags: Application software, Computer software]
1309 words (3.7 pages)
Appropriate Technology and Practices for Develping a Mobile Application for Both iOS and Android Plattform
- Introduction This report is intended for the Northport System software development team, or anyone else, who needs to decide an appropriate technology and practics for developing mobile application for both iOS and Android platform. It is for readers who have a basic understanding of computer science, software development, and mobile application develop process. The report begins with briefly introducing the reason for using cross-platform integrated development environments and investigating the pros and cons for cross-platform integrated development environments.... [tags: computer science, software development]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- Statement of Purpose In the pristine place of Goa where parties and fun is at its peak, I was present there for the coding competition of Google. Though standing runner-up I learnt the vital phase of fun with work, in this Endeavour. This competition paved the way for me to pursue Master in Computer Science, which would help me to be a Google employee. Being in the kernel of technological and computing revolution, the field of Artificial Intelligence tends to change the human-computer interaction.... [tags: Computer science, Computer]
1015 words (2.9 pages)
- In the past decade, technology has started to touch every aspect of our lives. However this isn’t necessarily a good thing. With almost everything being online and our cyber security being so low this can cause a major problem for anyone using the internet. Low cyber security can bring down large organizations and ruin countries this has become a problem that many software engineers have and are still trying to solve in order for this to not become an unfixable problem. Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Computer security]
851 words (2.4 pages)
- Todays’ society vastly operates off various forms of technology that has a variety of software suites and applications available. Even the everyday stay at home individuals, at one point uses a technological software. Software is useful for various things from everyday tasks to business documents, and many software’s and applications are free. Therefore, personally speaking there are five software suites or applications, which are the most useful and are available for free; some do not even need to be downloaded.... [tags: Computer software, Microsoft, Computer program]
1568 words (4.5 pages)
- Computer-Based Reading Programs for At-Risk Learners Children with disabilities face a variety of challenges when learning to read. Some students experience processing disorders, some have auditory or visual deficits, still others have gross or fine motor disabilities. Computer technology is adept at addressing all of these issues by the nature of its flexible and extensible application. As a relatively low-cost solution for providing specialized instruction, integrating computer technology is a particularly attractive solution for students with dyslexia and who are at-risk for reading disorders (Torgesen, Wagner, Rashotte, Herron, & Lindamood, 2009).... [tags: Educational Technology ]
2386 words (6.8 pages)
- 1. Computer Errors 1a. What is an error. In the computer world, another word for an error is “corruption. These corruptions happen when data, going from one source to another, is changed.  To understand the importance of this change, a more in-depth understanding is needed. Computers speak in their very own language called machine code or binary. This language is a stream of “1’s” and “0’s” is what every operation on every computer in the world depends on to operate. Since nothing in this world is perfect, errors are an eventuality.... [tags: Computer, Computer security, Technology, Error]
1956 words (5.6 pages)
- Computer Technology I. Introduction Over the past few decades, the advances of computer technology have undoubtedly increased the rate of information exchange. Communication across the globe is now done with ease, convenience, and speed. Accessing online bank accounts, instant messaging, online auctions, and communication via electronic email are just few examples of normal transactions that occur today. Although these advances have provided a tremendous positive impact on our society, it has also caused some controversial ethical issues, namely the privacy of personal information.... [tags: Argumentative Technological Computer papers]
2557 words (7.3 pages)
- Differences Between Liberal And Fundamentalist Views
- Women 's Unfair Treatment Of Women
- The New York Time Article By Timothy William
- Genetic Variability Of Genetic Diversity
- Learning Software And High Tech Devices
- Public School Students On Standardized Test Scores Of Homeschooled Students And Publicly Educated Students