As far as Apple devices running iOS are concerned, Apple has their own methods of encryption suitable for bring your own device programs, as detailed in their security documentation. In addition to the hardware encryption features built into iOS devices, Apple uses a technology called “Data Protection” to further protect data stored in flash memory on the device. Apple’s “Data Protection” allows the device to respond to common events such as incoming phone calls, but also enables a high level of encryption for a user’s data. Key system apps, such as the Messages app, Mail client, Calendar, Contacts, Photos, and Health data values use “Data Protection” by default, and third-party apps installed on iOS receive this protection automatically. “Data Protection” is implemented by constructing and managing a hierarchy of keys, and builds on the hardware encryption technologies built into each device running iOS. The multiple layers of security built in make it much more difficult for an unauthorized individual to access data on the device. Apple’s “Data Protection” is controlled o...
... middle of paper ...
...er or administrator issuing a remote wipe command from a mobile device management (MDM) server, Exchange ActiveSync, or Apple’s cloud based storage/account manager iCloud). Erasing the key in this manner renders all files cryptographically inaccessible, ultimately making for a more secure system.
These devices are slowly replacing the traditional laptop as the go to device for users in a corporate environment when answering emails from management, team members, and clients. Maintaining their security should be the top priority for users, management, and the company’s IT department. Encryption is a powerful tool and very useful in maintaining the company’s data on a user’s personal device. BYOD has benefits and detractions that you need to weigh when considering implementing it in a corporate environment, however done properly the benefits can far outweigh the costs.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- In this current generation, technology is steadily becoming a major asset to our future in a wide range of areas, and has been embedded in our lives currently to the point of being close to a necessity. In Criminal Justice, the use of technology has proven to be of tremendous help in many areas of the field. The incorporation of the computer systems in criminal justice tremendously has improved the general communication between agencies as the new methods of transferring information among departments.... [tags: radio traffic, data networks]
1254 words (3.6 pages)
- ... Visual Data mining: Visual data mining is successful in producing the way to discover knowledge from huge amounts of data. The promotion and use of data mining as a tool for data analysis will become easier with the development of visual data mining techniques. New methods for mining complex types of data: Though considerable improvement has been done in mining streams, time-series ,sequence, graph, spatiotemporal, multimedia and text data , still unable to bridge the gap the between the available technology and the needs for these application.... [tags: standarization, data analysis]
606 words (1.7 pages)
- We build an implementation using Java and conducted experiment on 553 user opinion data. The dataset is written in Bahasa Indonesia. We took user opinion data from various application with different domain in app store. We use an existing library that utilizes screen scrapping method (https://github.com/oklahomaok/AppStoreReview). After the data is collected, we store it in a database for further processes. We prepare a truth set based on expert that contains classified opinion data from the dataset.... [tags: Linguistics, Language, Word, Data]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- 1A. Nowadays, people started to consider security as the main priority. Therefore as a result, electronics companies included some technologies like finger print system in their products, such as manufacturing firms for computers/laptop, mobile departments and so on. I think fingerprint is the best password. Fingerprint system is a high-level security for personal usage which can be used for personal computer systems in government sectors, where the data can be protected by only one person. However, acquiring the password is an easy way as this can protect the systems with high standards of security.... [tags: Personal computer, Computer, Fingerprint, Twitter]
703 words (2 pages)
- Fingerprints are something that are unique to everyone, even those of identical twins. As people leave behind their fingerprints, they are leaving behind the story of what occurred in the setting. Fingerprints can be used to solve cases, however, a system of classification was needed to properly identify one fingerprint from another. Without the advancement of a classification system, the identifying fingerprints in criminal cases would be extremely difficult. As researchers discovered the unique characteristics of fingerprints, they were able to prove their usefulness in solving crimes.... [tags: Fingerprint, Francis Galton]
2169 words (6.2 pages)
- Three types of user interfaces are command driven, interface menu driven, and interface graphical user interface. A command line interface is basically just a plain screen, usually white text on a black background, such as MS-DOS or the Command Prompt in Windows, where a user can type in commands into the input. As an overall statement, a CLI requires that the user know their material in order for it to be effective. The CLI offers users enormous elasticity in that a single command can be executed with a range of arguments, but the effectiveness is in direct proportion to how many commands and arguments for a command that the user is aware of.... [tags: Graphical user interface, User interface]
1059 words (3 pages)
- CSC 585 - Data Mining: Algorithms & Applications Assignment -1 1.Noise 1.1 Introduction: In general, the noise data is meaningless data or corrupt data. Although, the meaning of the data changes when the inclusion of any data that can’t be understood and elucidate correctly by the machines as the data is unstructured. Moreover, any data that has obtained, collected and changed in such a way it can’t be used by the program that originally created it or it can’t be read because of the noise in the data.... [tags: Data, Data analysis, Normal distribution]
929 words (2.7 pages)
- User Datagram Protocol is one of the transport layer protocol which offers limited amount of service when messages are exchanged between hosts. Data is further subdivided into data grams for transmission across the hosts. UDP does not allow retransmission of the damaged or lost packets and there is no acknowledgement for the packet which has been sent. DGRAM_SOCK is the type of socket used for transmission of data. Unlike TCP, however, UDP does not provide the service of dividing a message into packets (datagram's) and reassembling it at the other end.... [tags: data, udp, internet protocol]
988 words (2.8 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- The accuracy of data input is important within means of a business. Printed questionnaires are great for ideas of improvement and the quality of performance received from the company. Restaurants use printed questionnaires for complaints and suggestions from the customers. This is a wonderful way of accomplishing better service and reliable customers. It is also used by sensors to determine how many people are living in your home; this in turns allows them to determine how many people live in ones city.... [tags: Data Input ]
731 words (2.1 pages)