• A prior record of successful development and implementation of programs or special projects involving multiple constituencies
• A creative thinker and consultative communicator with excellent problem solving skills
• Demonstrated ability to link effectively with P-16 colleagues
• Ability to promote opportunities for faculty and students for continuing professional development
• Demonstrated capacity in adapting to changing opportunities and challenges
• Demonstrated ability to work with diverse community groups and organizations
• Demonstrated ability to produce high quality reports and documents
• Demonstrated success at obtaining external grants
I believe the following letter highlighting my teaching, scholarship and service, together with my CV, will address my knowledge, skills and experiences related to these expectations.
• TEACHING & LEADERSHIP •
Teaching is at the core of all of my professional activities and I am very proud of my teaching accomplishments. I have successfully taught required courses in CI, MAT and JDPEL/DPELFS and elective courses in the MAE. In these courses, I have maintained a consistent record of high achievement. My student evaluations have always been well above the department mean and standard. My average student rating for credential and graduate courses is 4.8/5.0 over the past five years.
Three years ago, the camp...
... middle of paper ...
...on leaders across the nation and the world. I contributed to the local science education community through my service as a board member on the Central California Science Teachers Association (1990-2007) and as board member and past-President of the Central California Science Education Leadership Association (1991-2006). These organizations have facilitated a majority of the science education service projects in the Valley over the past 20 years.
As a result of this service to the campus and the professional community, I was honored to receive the California Outstanding Environmental Educator award from the California Department of Forestry and Fire Prevention in 2001; the Science Administrator of the Year from the California Science Education Advisory Committee in 2000; and the President’s Award for Excellence, the university’s highest achievement award, in 2006.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- To the search committee, I would like to submit my application for the Online Campus Dean position at the Chicago School. I have more than 13 years of higher education experience while leading enrollment units at a variety of institutions, most recently working with online adult learners. I am interested in your position because I believe in access to quality higher education for all students, and I have dedicated my career to the values of education, service, and community. My experience as a change agent has positively impacted the culture of admissions and enrollment teams through my ability to build cohesive groups, solve problems, think critically, maximize technology, collaborate w... [tags: Higher education, University]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- To : Human Resources Hiring Manager I would like to express my gratitude to you for taking the time to review my application for the position of Care Giver. As an undergraduate college student at Los Angeles Valley College, I am proud to apply to The Apple School Early Childhood Education. As a full time, and continuous Dean’s list student, I am aware of education has impact on children. It is my personal philosophy to maintain a reciprocal relationship with children. As a progressive educator, I am constantly gaining knowledge on children’s diversity and individuality, and the personal education they require in order to succeed in life.... [tags: Psychology, Childhood, Developmental psychology]
804 words (2.3 pages)
- I am writing to apply for the financial accountant position, as advertised on linkedIn. The reason why I apply for this role is I am interested in NOVA Entertainment and I hope I can have the opportunity to learn more about NOVA Entertainment and the media industry. Introduction I completed my Bachelor of Business degree at the University of Tasmania. After the completion of the degree, I accepted membership of the Golden Key Honour Society, which is only awarded to students in the top 15% of their discipline.... [tags: Auditing, Audit, Financial audit]
1291 words (3.7 pages)
- I would be grateful if you would accept this letter as an application for the post of Assistant Headteacher at Welham. I believe that I have the required skills and experience to make a success of this opportunity and I intend, throughout this letter, to suggest ways in which my contributions would be of value to such a position within your school. Since my appointment to the Hillingdon School I have been afforded the opportunity to play an integral role in moving forward the ICT and Business Departments and the Technologies Curriculum Area.... [tags: application letter]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- The position of Associate Dean of Academic Affairs at Pacific States University is an outstanding opportunity. This position would allow me to share my higher education experiences successfully leading and working collaboratively with the community, institutional leadership, faculty and staff. The position of Associate Dean of Academic Affairs would also allow me to contribute in a significant way to advance the institution’s mission. I believe that my professional experiences and academic background would make me a promising candidate for this position.... [tags: University, College, Education, Academia]
770 words (2.2 pages)
- “Paris Wicker, Dean of Empathy” It started with a dream which emerged from my subconscious nearly two years ago and influences all aspects of my professional development. In this dream, I was on a stage preparing to present to a crowd in acceptance of an award. Before I was to speak, a video introduction played where I introduced myself as “Paris Wicker, Dean of Empathy.” Frequent self-analysis and deconstruction of this dream has provided personal insight into my professional aspirations to be an empathic higher education executive leader.... [tags: Education, University, Student, Leadership]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Tick Tock by Dean Koontz Tick Tock takes place in present day southern California. There are two main characters in this novel. Tommy Phan is a Vietnamese-American who isn’t true to his Vietnamese roots. He is 30 years old, and a successful novelist living in southern California trying to live the "American dream." He is cursed by a witch doctor and is hunted by a demon throughout the story. Tommy is helped by Deliverance "Del" Payne. She is a Young blonde that Tommy meets in a diner. She helps him survive the night and helps fight the demon that is after him.... [tags: Dean Koontz]
930 words (2.7 pages)
- I enthusiastically appreciate the opportunity to make an application for the advertised position of ‘Academic Program Support Officer’ at USQ. My prior work history involves 10 years of administrative, technical and client service roles including: • Multiple positions within USQ providing administrative and technical support to students and staff in various capacities in accordance with USQ policies and procedures; • Three years at Big W where I implemented procedures for the management and operation of the photo lab after which I was awarded the 2013 Employee of the Year award for my exceptional customer service delivery; • Several years successfully managing my own business; • And multi... [tags: Customer service, Technical support, University]
741 words (2.1 pages)
- The Rise of Silas Lapham by William Dean Howells In the novel, The Rise of Silas Lapham, William Dean Howells makes a particular point about the morals of an individual in the business world. His point is that an individual, such as Silas, must check their morals at the door if they have any plans to make it in the business world. The novel has always been popular, partly because it presents Lapham's financial and social failure as "consciously and deliberately chosen" when he has to decide whether he shall cheat and stay on top in business or tell the truth and fail irrecoverably (Gibson 283).... [tags: Papers William Dean Howells]
1873 words (5.4 pages)
- In this research paper I will be talking about Walter Dean Myers. I will be talking about his life from when he was born, until his life in the present day. This paper will inform you alot on Walter Dean Myers. Walter Milton Myers was born August 12, 1937 in Martinsburg, West Virginia but he was raised in Harlem. His father's name was Geoorge Ambrose and his birth mother's name was Mary Myers. Walter Myers was an only child. He didn't really know his family.Walters mother died when he was very young, about 3 years old.... [tags: Writer Author Walter Dean Myers Biography]
1222 words (3.5 pages)