At Citigroup, I had to develop a new model to forecast revenues from partnerships, using return on investment ratio as proxy for profitability of the partnership and at Nestlé, when setting price and communication strategies, I had to be fully aware and have an understanding about management accounting and the implications of the strategies for the income statement.
I feel very comfortable with numbers and I enjoy the challenges associated with financial analysis, which are two of the reasons I am specializing in Corporate Finance. I am convinced that I have achieved the level of financial knowledge required for this position and, as my transcripts will show, my grades - not only, but especially in finance-related courses - are on the top of the class. During my master’s degree, I have:
- Conducted several financial analysis using value creation models, NPV and profitability ratios such as ROI, ROE, ROCE and income statement ratios, which also included risk profiling through beta measurements, operational risk and financial risk;
- Build financial business models, including accounting statements (Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows and Income Statement) and forecasts;
- Valuated companies using DCF, transaction multiples and peer groups methods.
Additionally, I have an excellent command of the Microsoft Excel program, including notions of VBA, which you might find valuable for this position.
Please indicate your salary expectations (Total package yearly)
My research shows me that an adequate salary for this position in Switzerland would be somewhere between CHF70,000 and CHF90,000. However, there are many things to consider: my salary would depend on the responsibilities and d...
... middle of paper ...
...mance, and broadened my understanding of the food-industry sector.
I have a true desire to improve myself and to transform my ambition, determination and commitment into high performance standards and excellence to every assignment. I have worked for Nestlé before and I am convinced that it is the perfect employer for me.
What is your role will you have to get in 5 years?
Most importantly, I want to contribute as much as I can to Nestlé’s operations around the world. I want to learn the necessary skills to assume more management responsibilities and new challenges, and to increase the impact I can deliver to Nestlé’s customers and projects.
I am not looking for a specific future position, but I believe that this position will develop me personally, professionally and technically, allowing me to engage in strategy development and implementation.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- CHAPTER 1 COMPANY BACKGROUND 1.1 HISTORY Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain it’s a %100 an Islamic bank that are leading to provide an Islamic and commercial investment banking services. Kuwait Finance House – Bahrain established in January 2002 and its wholly owned subsidiary of Kuwait Finance house - Kuwait . they are an industry leader for more than 30 years and with total assets of KD 3.915 Billions. While the total assets of KFH- Bahrain is BD 291 Million . also , they are specializes in conceptualizing the development and introduction of innovation , plus providing the sharia 'a compliant banking and investment products .... [tags: Finance, Corporation]
2074 words (5.9 pages)
- This narrative is to document the process to record equity in the financial statements. Gibson Energy ULC currently is not a publicly traded corporation and is a wholly owned subsidiary of Gibson Energy Holding ULC who is an indirect wholly owned subsidiary of R/C Guitar Cooperatief U.A., a Dutch co-op owned by investment funds affiliated with Riverstone Holdings LLC. As a result, the risks associated with recording share activity is low due to limited transactions and the process to record Share Capital is covered under the sub-process ‘Journal Entries’ documented in the Corporate Reporting Process Narrative.... [tags: Finance]
1038 words (3 pages)
- On the first day at my new job right after graduation, the Vice President asked me why I became a structural engineer. My answer was “I want to contribute to society and my local community using my strengths in numbers and analytical thinking.” This answer has never changed to this day. I moved to this country when I was 18 years old. My parents were very passionate about providing me and my sister with the best opportunities available even above their comfort zone. They let me and my sister move to the United States because this is the country of opportunities.... [tags: engineer, challenges, manage, company]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- Growing up in Mexico provided me with opportunities to observe socio-economic disparities and income inequalities throughout my childhood. I have observed the unfortunate economic circumstances in which millions of people live, especially those from disadvantaged rural groups. My participation in community service projects has also given me a hands-on approach to witness and experience this unfortunate situation and has been a primary motivating force in my studies. I believe in the possibility of collective work targeted to create conditions for economic growth and improvements in the quality of life.... [tags: International Student Pursuing Graduate Degree]
1182 words (3.4 pages)
- In the last two decades of the 20th century, the UK banking industry experienced huge change because of three factors: deregulation, new technology and increasing competition (Gardener et al, 1999, cited in Hailey et al, 2005). Some banks such as NatWest, Halifax and Royal Bank of Scotland (RBS), have successfully survived from the impact of the new century. Just as the head of employee at RBS indicates, the most significant part of their success is the use of the Balanced Scorecard in the performance of employees.... [tags: Finance]
1328 words (3.8 pages)
- There is a very famous adage, ‘I am still learning.’ I could not agree more. I believe continuous learning is a vital part for an expansive overview of the business world as techniques and tactics are continuously changing one cannot be successful without learning continuously as a famous Chinese excerpt says ‘Learning is like rowing upstream not to advance is to drop back ’. I took inspiration from these wise words through my studies till bachelors I have acquired broad overview of how the business world operates.... [tags: education, learning, tools, knowledge]
525 words (1.5 pages)
- ... candidate in Management at IESE Business School. While learning the techniques, I also devoted my time undertaking various research projects in both Economics and Mathematics departments. The summer of my sophomore year, I earned an opportunity to work as the research assistant for Prof. Robert Buchele and Prof. Roger Kaufman, simultaneously. One of the projects was to analyze the effects of globalization on labor share of income in the US. In our work, I got a chance to apply the econometric research tools learned in the classroom to analyze large volume data obtained from the National Income and Product Accounts (NIPA).... [tags: economic, financial, academia, manager]
810 words (2.3 pages)
- Accounting technicians are now creating their names in the accounting firm. They are accounting professionals that can work in all types of organizations and widely employed throughout the public sector, industry and commerce and in private accountancy practices. They are the ones who assist professional accountants in collecting, checking and analyzing financial reports. They can work independently or as a part of a team. As an accounting technician you must work accurately and methodically with figures.... [tags: public sector, finance, accounting firm]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- I would be grateful if you would accept this letter as an application for the post of Assistant Headteacher at Welham. I believe that I have the required skills and experience to make a success of this opportunity and I intend, throughout this letter, to suggest ways in which my contributions would be of value to such a position within your school. Since my appointment to the Hillingdon School I have been afforded the opportunity to play an integral role in moving forward the ICT and Business Departments and the Technologies Curriculum Area.... [tags: application letter]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- Finance Wikipedia's accurate definition of finance is "The activity of finance is the application of a set of techniques that individuals and organizations (entities) use to manage their financial affairs, particularly the differences between income and expenditure and the risks of their investments" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finance. I discuss the importance of keeping track and updating financial reports as well as simple bank statements. These are just some of the essentials that I believe we all as a people should acknowledge.... [tags: Business Finance]
1805 words (5.2 pages)