My interest is simply that I want to teach any of the multiple facets of Finance and Accounting. My interest in Finance includes broad range of fields such as corporate finance, international finance, financial markets, money and banking, risk management and financial derivatives, portfolio management, and investment planning. Beside my strong interests in theoretical aspect of finance, I am particularly interested in application of quantitative methods in understanding of economic and finance phenomena. Recognizing that understanding of modern finance implies solid knowledge of microeconomics and applied mathematics, I have strengthened my skills in those two important fields.
Microeconomics’ topics that I am interested in are: budget constraints, preferences, utility; choice, demand curve, consumer surplus; intertemporal choice and interest rates; production: technology, profit minimization, cost curves; firm and industry supply; monopoly and regulation; oligopoly. Basic mathematical tools, concepts and techniques that I am able to use in modern economic and financial ana...
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- I am applying to the UNESCO Fulbright Fellowship Program to work in the Bureau of Strategic Planning (BSP) within the Division of Programme, Planning, Monitoring and Reporting. As a Fulbright Fellow, I am currently working as an English Teaching Assistant at Gwangyang High School in South Korea. I recently graduated from Williams College, in Williamstown, MA, where I majored in Economics with a concentration in Africana Studies. I am qualified for the UNESCO Fulbright Fellowship because I have a diligent work ethic, experience with research and economic analysis, and I adapt easily to new environments.... [tags: Personal Statement]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- For the past two years, I go to work everyday carrying someone else’s problem on my shoulders, officially making it my problem to fix. I reinforced my madness by telling my self that this phase in my life will pass. The irony of it is that life passed me by as I disappeared in the mist of trying to “fix” someone else’s problem. Each one of us has our own life challenges that we face everyday. Mine has been with the duties of the heart. My fiancé has fallen into the abyss of drugs, and it has made my personal life very difficult to fully live.... [tags: admissions essays]
938 words (2.7 pages)
- Introduction Teaching and learning are complicated processes. The literature is full of research describing how people learn. Two well-known models characterize learners by age: pedagogy and andragogy. Pedagogy focuses on the teacher-child learner relationship and andragogy focuses on the teacher-adult learner relationship. While pedagogy is a longstanding theory that can be traced back to the monastic schools of Europe in the 7th century, Malcolm Knowles brought recognition to the concept of andragogy in the 20th century (Merriam, Caffarella, & Baumgartner, 2007; Knowles, 1973).... [tags: pedagogy and andragogy]
1644 words (4.7 pages)
- Computers and Teaching Introduction: "The speed with which technology has developed since the invention of the computer has been extraordinary and surprisingly sustained. For educators, the rapid and continuing introduction of new technology into education, has outpaced the ability of teachers and developers to evaluate it properly, " says Levy, (1997:1). And he continues, that as soon as teachers have become acquainted with one kind of software and hardware and have developed some ability to use it for educational purposes, "better" machines appear to displace it.... [tags: Education Learning Technology Essays]
2483 words (7.1 pages)
- Assessment The goal of my learning plan for this semester is to develop skills in health education specific to adolescents. I chose this as my learning goal because my placement this semester at Sunnybrook Hospital, Injury Prevention Program, gives me an opportunity to provide health education to high school students every Tuesday at out P.A.R.T.Y. Program so I thought I should use this opportunity to develop my and improve my nursing skills in this area. As well as good health education skills to adolescents can benefit the students by proving them a motivating learning environment and better learning outcomes.... [tags: Teenagers, Nurse, Prevention Program]
1767 words (5 pages)
- ... My studies provided me with a fertile ground upon which I based the development of my interest in the mechanism of cancer growth and development. Moreover, tumor metastasis and its related development factors, such as those that lead to the metastasis from one organ to another, has further fueled my interest in taking a further study in the field. I believe that as a requirement to further specialization in cancer biology, both as a practitioner and a lecturer in the future, I have to acquire a full comprehension of the mechanism of metastasis of tumors, angiogenesis, and the factors that helps to regulate this process.... [tags: veterinary, animal hospital, masters]
556 words (1.6 pages)
- Striving for perfection is a natural force, which has led mankind to its present state of advancement. Perfection, for me, means enhancing my knowledge in specific field of interest which will enable me to contribute to the advancement of society in general and to deeper understanding of my field in particular. It is with these objectives in mind that I wish to pursue the Ph.D. program in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSM) at Texas A&M University (TAMU). Following undergraduate studies in industrial engineering at Seoul National University, I applied my knowledge as an air force officer of the Republic of Korea.... [tags: perfection, engineering, research, program]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- I would be grateful if you would accept this letter as an application for the post of Assistant Headteacher at Welham. I believe that I have the required skills and experience to make a success of this opportunity and I intend, throughout this letter, to suggest ways in which my contributions would be of value to such a position within your school. Since my appointment to the Hillingdon School I have been afforded the opportunity to play an integral role in moving forward the ICT and Business Departments and the Technologies Curriculum Area.... [tags: application letter]
1274 words (3.6 pages)
- 1) The role of the Teaching Assistant is to not only aid the director and help facilitate the program, but they also play a major role in helping the students. But more importantly, they play an important role for the students, because as the students face the daunting task of the social action project, they are also dealing with adjusting to being away from home, college-level courses, and finding their place at American University. The TA is someone they know they can go to with questions and concerns, someone who has been through the same experience as them.... [tags: Higher Education]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- I always believe that every researcher should be equipped with the best of the knowledge that is available. The doctoral program in University of Calgary will provide me with an opportunity to learn more about adult education and prepare me to be a senior level educator and researcher. That is why I am applying to the Ph.D. program in Educational Studies in Adult Learning, in the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary. I am very motivated to commit myself to academic pursuits in the field of educational studies; particularly, I am planning to do quality research on educational issues within adult education and adult learning contexts.... [tags: education, researcher, adult, learning]
1071 words (3.1 pages)