I always believe that every researcher should be equipped with the best of the knowledge that is available. The doctoral program in University of Calgary will provide me with an opportunity to learn more about adult education and prepare me to be a senior level educator and researcher. That is why I am applying to the Ph.D. program in Educational Studies in Adult Learning, in the Werklund School of Education at the University of Calgary. I am very motivated to commit myself to academic pursuits in the field of educational studies; particularly, I am planning to do quality research on educational issues within adult education and adult learning contexts. The Ph.D. degree is essential to develop my capabilities and to acquire the knowledge, skills, and abilities that will help to produce quality research in my area of interest. I have a special interest to develop policies for adult learners that seeks to provide ever greater security and resources for those children who are in most need of help, educationally challenged children and members of at-risk minority groups. For this research goal, my research target audience is elementary school teachers. I would like to evaluate existing elementary teacher training program in Pakistan and highlight the shortcomings. I will also develop a teacher training program which will fulfill the requirement of modern era.
I studied economics and statistics in my undergraduate program. I completed a M.A. (Economics) from the University of the Punjab, Pakistan. I also completed M. Phil (Masters of Philosophy in Applied Economics) from the University of Karachi, Pakistan. My dissertation title was “Determinants of health expenditures and its distributional impacts on various income groups in Pakis...
... middle of paper ...
...strengthen my research skills and learn about theoretical paradigms and research related to educational policy particularly for adult learners. To find the research interest of a sizable faculty in these fields is an added advantage. Moreover, working individually with Dr. Colleen Kawalilak, (she has agreed to work as a research supervisor with me), will provide me the opportunity to sharpen my research and teaching strength. Being diligent, assiduous and ambitious, I strongly believe I can match the high standards and contribute fruitfully to the research endeavors at your university. With the exposure of advanced studies at University of Calgary, I would ultimately wish to contribute towards the educational development. I am confident that, I will be well equipped to play an influential role in a modern educational development in Canada and developing countries.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Many skilled educators never journey beyond the Master's level in education. Before you take the plunge into the highest level of education, there are many factors to consider. This paper explores some of the benchmarks for the doctoral candidate. Also, this paper considers the features that a quality doctoral school offers. The Doctoral Journey Almost all teachers, certainly all public school teachers who want to obtain tenure, will seek and complete a master's level of study in the subject that they are teaching, or in education.... [tags: Doctoral student, education, PhD, ]
875 words (2.5 pages)
- Florida International University, PhD in International Crime and Justice offers a rigorous criminal justice program with an idyllic location to study transnational crime. The PhD program is a distinguished program in the field of Criminal Justice with its unique specialization in human trafficking. Given these points the doctoral program offered by FIU aligns with my career aspirations. Using an ethnographic approach, I am seeking to explore the techniques used by perpetrators to recruit victims as well as, atrocities endured by victims of human trafficking and the tools they use to cope with their victimization.... [tags: Crime, Gang, Criminal law, Criminal justice]
845 words (2.4 pages)
- Research Designs To undertake a doctoral program, one first needs a clear understanding of the different methods of research. The three main types of research used in educational settings are: quantitative, qualitative and mixed methods. Quantitative is often considered the original method and is thought to be more exact. Qualitative appeared in the 1980’s and is often viewed as the exact opposite as quantitative, although I am not so sure that is a correct description. Mixed methods research has become more popular over the last 10 – 15 years and has been called the best of both worlds.... [tags: Quantitative research, Scientific method]
1445 words (4.1 pages)
- Self-Care Emphasis in Clinical Psychology Doctoral Programs The importance and need for self-care has already been expounded upon. Moreover, I highlighted the apparent divide between research and acknowledgment on behalf of psychologists understanding the potential negative effects on themselves and those that they treat and subsequently not engaging in self-care behaviors. In addition, some suggestions for self-care at the individual level were discussed, now we turn to literature in the area of self-care at the programmatic level.... [tags: Clinical psychology, Psychology, Graduate school]
1690 words (4.8 pages)
- Supporting Statement. Please read the further particulars for the post before completing this section: these will describe the sort of skills, experience, knowledge, or abilities which are required (the ‘selection criteria’). Your skills and experience may have been gained though paid employment, voluntary/community work, domestic responsibilities, spare-time activities, and training. Your application will be judged solely on the basis of how your skills and experiences match the requirements for the post.... [tags: Job Application]
1305 words (3.7 pages)
- I am pursuing a doctoral degree in international health because I believe it is the next important step in my career in public health research. I have a passion for research, I enjoy the disease detective work, and I think there are still many important public health problems that are yet unsolved. I have been working at the Centers for Disease Control for 7 years, and my experiences have provided hands-on application of public health research conducted in often challenging, resource-limited settings.... [tags: Personal Statement]
1346 words (3.8 pages)
- Striving for perfection is a natural force, which has led mankind to its present state of advancement. Perfection, for me, means enhancing my knowledge in specific field of interest which will enable me to contribute to the advancement of society in general and to deeper understanding of my field in particular. It is with these objectives in mind that I wish to pursue the Ph.D. program in Operations and Supply Chain Management (OSM) at Texas A&M University (TAMU). Following undergraduate studies in industrial engineering at Seoul National University, I applied my knowledge as an air force officer of the Republic of Korea.... [tags: perfection, engineering, research, program]
865 words (2.5 pages)
- I wish to enroll a doctoral degree program majoring architecture with a specialization in environmental design. I believe this program will enrich my knowledge and skill to successfully understand and practice designing and teaching the built-environment in the urban, metropolitan, and rural setting in Indonesia. Therefore, I would like to comprehend the theory and history of a city with its culture and people, and to identify each overlapping layers of social and physical environment for the better future of built-environment in Indonesia.... [tags: social diversity, environmental design]
911 words (2.6 pages)
- Statement of Purpose My decision to apply for a M.S. program at University of Southern California is driven by my aspirations to pursue a research career in the field of Electrical Engineering. This field interests me because of its formal and rigorous mathematical nature and it’s wide-ranging. Nietzsche once opined, "There are no facts only interpretations". This fits in aptly to modern day researchers. It’s only when we look beyond the obvious facts, reason out the impossible, and work towards a deeper understanding, that we go a step further and start proving or disproving; that is the true interpretation and that is what helps us constantly challenge the boundaries of knowledge.... [tags: engineering, college, mathematical, project]
693 words (2 pages)
- The doctoral research process will challenge the most learned student, inspire true seekers of truth, and culminate in a dissertation which adds essential information to the existing relevant body of literature (Leedy & Omrod, 2010) Some would say that finding truth is the object of the doctoral research process, while others insist that any information that expands the current understanding of a subject suffices as the end result for the doctoral research process. The purpose of this paper will be to: address the complexities of the doctoral research process, outline the stages of the research process, examine research goals, explore reliability and validity, and summarize doctoral research... [tags: research process, doctoral research, analysis]
1550 words (4.4 pages)
- The Social Problem of Crime in America
- Special Family Circumstances
- Is Love as Easy as They Say?: William Shakespeare´s A Midsummer Nights Dream
- Stopping the Spread of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection (HIV)
- Poetic Devices in Alone by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Physical and Mental Troubles of Teen Obesity