The world's first MP3 player was Saehan's MPMan, which started selling throughout Asia in the late spring of 1998 (Topolsky, 2008). Two variations of it known only as the Eiger Labs MPMan F10 and F20 started selling during the summer a few short months before the Diamond Multimedia Rio PMP300. At the time, the MPMan was worth around $200 to $250. The internal flash memory could be expanded but not the external memory. The F10 model wasn't user expandable but the memory could be upgraded from 32mb to 64mb by mailing the device in to Eiger labs for the cost of $70.95. Both used one AA battery as the power supply. It was from the invention of the MPMan that inspired Apple to create its first iPod. It took the flaws of this and other MP3 players, improved them, and combined them to their own designs to make one of the most well know pieces of technology out there.
iPod through the Years
iTunes was first introduced in January of 2001 and in October of that year, Apple launched the first iPod promising a never before heard of "1, 000 songs in your pocket" (Apple Press Info, 2014). A mere 9 months later, the second version iPod was introduced promising to hold up to 4, 000 songs. In April of 2003 the doors were opened to the iTunes music store promising ninety-nine cent songs. On the same day, the 3rd generation iPod with a capacity of 7, 500 songs, was released. Up to that point the iPod was pretty much the same as at the beginning, just with larger song space. In June of 2004 however, Apple released another type of iPod, the iPod mini. Unlike the original iPod, this one was not just introduced in five different colors but it was significantly smaller. The year 2005 brought along two new additions to the iPod family- ...
... middle of paper ...
...t no new Zune players would be developed, and that from then on the Zune line would be discontinued.
Apple Press Info (2014). iPod + iTunes Timeline. Retrieved from http://www.apple.com/pr/products/ipodhistory/
Elliott, A. (2011). The Impact of the iPod. Mashable Website. Retrieved from http://mashable.com/2011/10/23/impact-of-ipod/
JeremysStuff (2011). The History of the Zune. HubPages. Retrieved from http://jeremysstuff.hubpages.com/hub/The-History-of-the-Zune
Leung, T.C. (2012). Music Piracy: Bad for Record Sales but Good for the iPod? Munich Personal RePEc Archive. Chinese University of Hong Kong. Retrieved from http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de/45772/1/MPRA_paper_45772.pdf
Topolsky, J. (2008). The first MP3 player celebrates its 10th birthday. Retrieved from http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/11/the-first-mp3-player-celebrates-its-10th-birthday/
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Apple is well- known for its consumer electronic products like MAC, IPhone, IPad, IPod and smartwatch. Apple Incorporation is an American international company whose headquarters are in Cupertino, California. In addition to its popular products, Apple also make and designs consumer software that consist of its own iOS operating system, its own Safari web browser, and its media featured recognized as ITunes. Steve Jobs is the creator of Apple, but he had two colleagues that worked diligently to help pave the way for Apple.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, ITunes, ITunes Store]
797 words (2.3 pages)
- The topic that I will writing about is about the company of Apple and how it is a great company. I will also be talking how Apples is a utilitarian company and makes products that makes the consumers happy. Apple is one of the many electronics company that make computers, tablets, phones and iPod. Apple was a company that was founded by Steve Jobs, a college drop out on April 1, 1976. In this essay I will be discussing how Apples products make consumers happy, the philosophy of apple and how apple also makes people angry.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone, IPod]
1943 words (5.6 pages)
- Apple products have made my life easier. In fact, they have made many lives easier. Some people use apple products on a daily basis. Whether it be an IPhone or Mac book, we use them every day. I used to ask what the big deal is about Apple. It was just another popular company to me until the day I got my first IPhone. Switching from an android to and IPhone was very different in terms of ease of use. My parents always had IPhones and there were some perks that IPhones had and Androids didn’t and vice versa.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, IPod, IPhone OS]
1450 words (4.1 pages)
- Elizabeth Thiounn P5 Jonathon Ive Jonathon Ive an English Designer has created many products and designs we use till this day. The creations from the IPod touches, IMacs, IPhones and the Senior Vice President of Design at Apple Inc. Born February 27th 1967 he grew up in Staffordshire, United Kingdom, Jonathon studied at North Umbria University and went to high school at Walton High. All he ever wanted to do as a kid is to make designs because that’s what he loved doing. His designs made him very successful and they had made a lot of money.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPod, IPod Touch, IPhone]
1159 words (3.3 pages)
- Assessment task Marketing Plan Apple Ipod Contents Executive Summary____________________________________________3 Situation Analysis -Market Analysis_______________________________________________3 -Product Analysis_______________________________________________4 -SWOT Analysis_______________________________________________ 4 -Competitor Analysis ___________________________________________ 6 Marketing Objectives__________________________________________ 7 Identifying Target Market -Selecting Target Market______________________________________7 -Target Market_________________________________________________7 Developing Marketing Strategies Marketing Mix: -Product_____________... [tags: Apple iPod Case Study]
2193 words (6.3 pages)
- The organization that I will be discussing is Apple, and specifically its iPod products. Apple was incorporated in the state of California on January 3, 1977. The Corporation has many stores throughout the world, and its corporate offices are at Apple Computer, Inc. 1 Infinite Loop Cupertino, CA 95014. Mission Statement Apple’s Mission Statement is that, Apple ignited the personal computer revolution in the 1970s with the Apple II and reinvented the personal computer in the 1980s with the Macintosh.... [tags: Ipod Technology Research Paper Apple]
1047 words (3 pages)
- Investigate and Analyze the Company’s History and Growth The rise of apple products began in 1976 by two men, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Jobs and Wozniak were both highly intelligent and were interested in electronics; however, they were not the social type so people looked at them as outcasts. Both of the men ended up dropping out of school and working for companies in the Silicon Valley. Steve Jobs worked in the Atari industry and Steve Wozniak worked for Hewlett –Packard. Later the both men came together and designed the first Apple computer called the Apple 1.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- The name of the company we choose is Apple. The Apple Company is a multinational corporation that provides consumer electronics, personal computers, computer software and commercial servers. Apple is a digital distributor in media. Apple Company also has retail stores selling and making products of iPhones, IPad, iPod media player, Macintosh computer line. Steve Jobs and Steve Wonizk are the founders of Apple Company. On April 1, 1976 and was incorporated in January 3, in California of 1977 .The product we are using is the iPhone 7s/ 7s plus.... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., IPod Touch, IPhone OS]
1796 words (5.1 pages)
- Apple Ipod Value Analysis Value is perceived in different ways, by customers and organisations in relation to the product or service that is provided. The definition of value is what something is worth and the desirability. Also what is gained from the money aspect, and to whether the product or service actually fulfils its purpose. Value has different aspects which include company values; which relates to new innovations, job growth, reducing costs, as well as long term production and so forth.... [tags: Product Marketing Analysis]
1500 words (4.3 pages)
- Apple Inc.(iPod) Apple Inc, formerly Apple Computer Inc. is an American multinational corporation which focusing in designing and manufacturing consumer electronics and also developing software products. Apple was founded in Cupertino, California on April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne . Apple are developing, selling, and supports a series of personal computers, portable media players, mobile phones, computer software, computer hardware, and hardware accessories . iPod, The new way of listening music (the 1st and 2nd generation) Out of all their products, the iPod is their most successful product since its introduction on October 23rd, 2001.... [tags: Consumer Electronics MP3 Players]
1439 words (4.1 pages)