Apple iPad/Technological Solutions
When it comes to the Apple iPad, there is certainly a large number of proponents that tout its efficacy and performance when it comes to helping autism-stricken children. Boyd, Hart-Barnett and More (2015) note that the advent and emergence of mobile technology has introduced a new communication medium and opportunity for students that are diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder. There is a significant amount of customization that is allowed for with the iPad and the use of the iPad solution, as opposed to systems like PECS, offers a much less stigmatizing and humiliating means to get treatment but yet still allows for therapeutic treatment and progress to take place. However, Boyd and his colleagues do caution that the research about the efficacy of the iPad and similar solutions is not always keeping up with the emergence of the technologies and software suites being used. In addition, Boyd notes that the quality and performance of intervention can be measured using several different yardsticks, including the ability to customize the solution, the motor skills that are needed to operate the system. The resources and time that are needed for the intervention in question, the research or evidence-based practices that support the intervention in question and the cost of the specific device or application that is being used (Boyd, Hart-Barnett & More, 2015).
An additional study that focused on the iPad in particular was offered by Cumming, Strnadova and Singh in 2014....
... middle of paper ...
...ys when it comes to creating and facilitating interventions for autism spectrum disorder. The potential tradeoff with technology is that the training and knowledge of teachers and administrators can be either a plus or a liability depending on the situation. However, the customizability and Apple-based support (not to mention the applications for the same) are very intriguing and they seem to make the Apple iPad system a very worth investment. That all being said, not all school systems will have the resources and funds to make use of the iPad. However, that is not a huge problem as the PECS system is still ostensibly effective in its own way. Even so, it would be extremely beneficial for governments and parents to make the investment in technology since it is the direction that society and education outlets is clearly heading in, over the coming years and decades.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction This report reveals the study of economic environment of Apple Inc. Apple Inc. is a well- known manufacturing company in U.S.A. The study will help to know briefly about Apple Inc. and its products as well as the production factors and the cost structure, reveals the market structure and performance of the company. MACRO analysis provides information about the political, economic, legal and technological factors which helps to know the economic condition of USA and Apple Inc. Finally, it reported the sustainability of the business and positive and negative externalities from the production and consumption of Apple.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, Smartphone, IPod Touch]
1258 words (3.6 pages)
- Apple is one of the leading brands of technological devices, which is headquartered in California. It invents and sells both hardware and software products. The well-known hardware products include iPhone the smartphone, iPad the tablet, Mac the computer, and iPod the media player; and the famous software includes iOS system, iTunes, Safari, and iCloud. There is no doubt that Apple has been paying loads of effort behind its succeed, and the factors will be investigate below. Firstly, Apple provides sound customer services.... [tags: IPhone, Apple Inc., ITunes Store, ITunes]
2033 words (5.8 pages)
- Introduction Apple are one of the world’s leading companies with over $233.715 billion dollars in revenue as of 2015. Year after year they innovate the technology market with products such as the iPhone and iPad. The latter was first released in 2010 and has progressed to become more than just a tablet. The newest model, the iPad Pro will be the focus of this report. No longer “just a big iPhone,” Apple have developed the product into a device which can boast the hardware and usability of both the everyday tablet device and a personal computer.... [tags: Marketing, Porter five forces analysis, IPad]
1316 words (3.8 pages)
- The deep web is large portion of the web that is known to a relatively small number of internet users; however this region of the internet is often compared to the “Wild West”. Just like the old American frontier, the deep web has its share of heroes and villains. When the word hacker is brought into a conversation, it seems to manifest with a negative connotation. However, this should not be the case. In recent years hacking has become an integral part of the technological development process, helping to improve security conditions on personal and national levels in both the material and digital worlds.... [tags: safety, hacking, web, technological development]
1559 words (4.5 pages)
- When we think of a company, we usually just think of the end product; for example, we think of the iPhone and Apple, HP laptops and Hewlett Packard, and Pepsi and Pepsi Inc. As consumers, we do not take into account the process that takes place to transform raw materials into finished goods. In terms of the Apple iPhone, we don’t think of the glass screen, the battery, the charger and the hundreds of different parts that make up the phone, we just see the end result. It is easy to lose sight of the process that Apple needs to go through to build a final product like an iPhone because as consumers, we only consume.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPod, IPhone, IPad]
1242 words (3.5 pages)
- History Ten years ago, smartphones and tablets didn’t exist. Most business communications were conducted face to face or in ways that today seem tedious. The access to business information and applications through mobile devices has grown exponentially. There is no sign that this emerging technology will stop. Apple’s iPhone and iPad running IOS are leading the mobile business market due to the flexibility and ease-of-use. (Kim, 2010) Milestones in Communication Roos (2011) stated the following information about the major milestones in mobile technology and communication: In 1946, AT&T launched its first commercial mobile telephone service.... [tags: Mobile phone, IPhone, Cellular network, Internet]
1058 words (3 pages)
- Apple Apple's mission statement can be summed up in a quote from Steve Jobs, "Man is the creator of change in this world. As such he should be above systems and structures, and not subordinate to them" (Farfan, 2014). The official mission statement on the Apple Corporation website is just a list of products and past accomplishments. Apple is a testament to their mission statement as they are dedicated to producing high quality products and providing high quality service thus setting high industry standards for other competitors.... [tags: competition, achievements]
569 words (1.6 pages)
- iPad Debate Today’s world is constantly evolving and technological advances are surfacing it seems like every few weeks. Apple has produced the country’s most popular devices and the question has arose whether or not iPads are effective in the classroom. This research project will thoroughly entail the pros of implementing an iPad in the learning environment. As for my personal take on the debate, I side with modernizing education in order to keep up with technology and to preserve the student’s enjoyable learning environment.... [tags: Education, Technology, Traditional education]
1441 words (4.1 pages)
- It is evident that people have different and unique desires when it comes to career interests. Therefore, this desire is the driving motive for people in their career growth and development. Perhaps, the first step towards selecting a satisfying career is to find out the things that are exciting and a source of joy. I have always found business management an interesting career option because my ultimate objective is to become among the leading businesspersons. Business management involves dealing with various kinds of people and a lot of strategic decision-making, which are the two major important attributes of a business person (O'Grady, 2009).... [tags: market, iPhone, iPod, iPad]
752 words (2.1 pages)
- 5 Questions and Answers About The Apple Company Question 1 To regain its market share after the year 2011, Apple had to use the one of the Porter’s four competitiveness strategies – the differentiation strategy.... [tags: business analysis, Steve Jobs]
874 words (2.5 pages)