Apple Incorporation is an American Multinational Corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers. Apple Incorporation’s world corporate had quarters are located in the middle of Silicon Valley, at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California.
History of Apple Inc
Apple incorporation was started in 1976, Steve Wozniak as one of the founder, hand-built the Apple I and introduced it at April 1976. Steve Wozniak and his friends, Steve Jobs develop their product and then in 1977 they released Apple II. In 1980, the directors of apple made sure that Apple become a ‘real company’ and in the same year Apple released new product which is Apple III. In 1981, Apple was forced to lay off 40 employees because of the saturated market. And in March Steve Jobs became chairman of Apple Computer. Jobs was realized that Apple have to become a ‘grown up’ company to compete IBM, that’s why Jobs hire John Sculley to be president of Apple. He was success and Sculley became president and CEO of Apple in April 1983. Sculley became the de facto of Apple after Jobs resigned. Unfortunately, under Sculley’s authority Apple was not run well, Apple was force to lay off around 1200employees and at the same time, Apple locked in a battle with Microsoft’s Bill Gates because there were many similarities between Windows 1.0 and Mac GUI. The introduction of Laser Writer and Page Maker was the things that made Apple out from the hole. And the introduction of Mac II made Apple riding high for the next decade. Jobs’ return was like a light in the darkness, slowly but sure Jobs brought Apple to the top of victory. Jobs became permanent CEO and president of Apple Incorporation, here he re-organize the structur...
... middle of paper ...
...orkers in working. After this problem, Apple was under pressure to solve its supplier conduct in treating workers. Because the way United Win Technology factory came up for this issue are firstly they fully responsible for the workers’ healing from the infected. After the workers are being cured, they directly are being laid off from the company. The reason is Win Tech didn’t want to take any risk anymore by keep hiring the workers in the company.
Apple Company has its own way to come up with this problem. This issue wouldn’t happen if Apple Company cares enough to its supplier. From the very beginning Apple should pay attention to every step that its suppliers take. The welfare of workers in the supplier factory should get more attention not from the supplier itself but also from Apple, because they are the ones who should receive the reward for what they’ve done.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Introduction Apple Inc. was established by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak on April 1, 1976 as a computer designer, developer and seller company. However, the company shifted its focus from only personal computer to include other consumer electronics such as portable media player and mobile phone in 2007. Apple Inc becomes one of the most popular makers in its field since it seems that its popularity has increased according to a report on www.statista.com that Apple Inc’s products sales was generally increasing throughout the first quarter of 2006 to the first quarter of 2014.... [tags: Analysis of Apple]
1512 words (4.3 pages)
- Apple has become the "it" in technology all over again. The company that was on the brink of extinction just a few years ago has picked itself back up and is growing exponentially each year. Upper management and top officials have kept close to their beliefs for Apple and have been able to push the company further in not only profits, but also product lines. Forthcoming you will find Apples current products, their short but tumultuous history and financials, and what role they have played and will continue to play in the ever evolving information systems world.... [tags: Apple Technology Business Analysis Market]
1080 words (3.1 pages)
- Apple Inc. has been into the electronics business since some decades in the industry. It had built its place in the markets, all over the world through its dynamic strategies that focused on quality and innovation. Apple Inc. has made progress from being a loss making company to being the biggest company in the electronics industry with incredibly high revenues and profit margins. The assignment is going to be based upon Apple Inc.'s case study and its journey as a whole to becoming a successful company.... [tags: Electronics, Products]
812 words (2.3 pages)
- Apple Inc. (Apple or "the company") is engaged in design, development and marketing of personal computers (PCs), media devices, and portable digital music players. The company also sells a variety of related software, services, peripherals, networking solutions, and third-party digital content and applications. The company primarily operates in the US. It is headquartered in Cupertino, California. Apple Inc., formerly Apple Computer, Inc., is a multinational corporation that creates consumer electronics, personal computers, computer software, and commercial servers, and is a digital distributor of media content.... [tags: Computers, Technology]
1168 words (3.3 pages)
- Apple inc. Introduction Apple Incorporation is an American Multinational Corporation that designs and markets consumer electronics, computer software and personal computers. Apple Incorporation’s world corporate had quarters are located in the middle of Silicon Valley, at 1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino, California. The History of Apple Incorporation Since 1976 until 1980 were the early years of Apple Incorporation. Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak and Ronald Wayne are founder of Apple Inc. But, just three month after its inception Wayne sold his share.... [tags: business analysis and history]
1685 words (4.8 pages)
- Introduction: Apple organization was recognized in 1976 as a computer organization. However, in the last several years, Apple organization has extended into a complicated organization that focuses primarily on much more than just computer systems. In 2001, Apple organization split the hurdle with the iPod, gradually becoming the prominent market innovator in music gamers. In following, Apple organization signed up with the phone market in 2007 with the iPhone, which has also been widely successful.... [tags: electronics, employees, management]
1398 words (4 pages)
- Introduction Apple is an international corporation that is involved in design, development and distribution of consumer electronics, personal computers and computer software. It is mostly recognized for hardware such as iPhone smartphone, iPod media player, and Mac computers, and softwares such as OS X, the Safari web browser and iOS operating systems among other softwares. Apple was founded in April 1976 by Steve Wozniak, Ronald Wayne and Steve Jobs with a sole purpose of developing and selling of computers.... [tags: management, policy, strategy]
815 words (2.3 pages)
- Apple Inc.(iPod) Apple Inc, formerly Apple Computer Inc. is an American multinational corporation which focusing in designing and manufacturing consumer electronics and also developing software products. Apple was founded in Cupertino, California on April 1, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne . Apple are developing, selling, and supports a series of personal computers, portable media players, mobile phones, computer software, computer hardware, and hardware accessories . iPod, The new way of listening music (the 1st and 2nd generation) Out of all their products, the iPod is their most successful product since its introduction on October 23rd, 2001.... [tags: Consumer Electronics MP3 Players]
1439 words (4.1 pages)
- Apple Inc, founded by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniack and Ronald Wayne on April 1st, 1976, is a consumer electronics company. Apple designs and develops personal computing hardware and operating systems. Amongst other things, Apple is best-known for its iMac PCs, iPhones, iPod music player, iPad tablet PC, iOS operating systems and the iTunes media market. Apple was named as the world’s most admired company, each year from 2008 to 2012, by Fortune Magazine. It’s revenue in 2012, amounted to US$156 billion, making it the second largest IT company in the world.... [tags: Computers, Mac]
1234 words (3.5 pages)
- The multi billion-dollar corporation, Apple Inc., designs and manufactures some of today’s highest technological gizmos and gadgets. Among their best known products are the Apple and Macintosh computers, iPods, iTunes, iPhones and iPads. Apple is one of the most powerful and influential high tech companies in the world. The success of Apple Inc. stems from the innovation and visions of co-founder and entrepreneur, Steve Jobs, the excellence of the stylish, user-friendly products, and the ability to create innovative products that consumer’s desire.... [tags: Technology, iPods, iTunes]
1660 words (4.7 pages)