The Macintosh computer was first published in January 1984 with only 128k RAM. It was obviously insufficient, so Apple then announced an updated version with 512k RAM eight months later. Apple Lisa, the name of one of the Macintosh computers was published in 1983. Apple Lisa was the first commercially successful computer to use Graphical User Interface. All computers were text-based before Apple Lisa was published. This first GUI based personal computer with a small hand-operated device called a mouse was designed by Steve Jobs and his team. With the first GUI-based computer, Apple also created its own operating system and seven supplied application programs: LisaCalc, LisaDraw, LisaWrite, LisaGraph, LisaProject, LisaTerminal and LisaList. Until today, Apple has been working on Macintosh computers for more than 20 years and...
... middle of paper ...
...ed to release some new updates which would allow users to multitask (Kelleher, April 2010). The only thing that I liked about iPad was its 3G mobile data connection. I was able to connect to the internet and let my other laptops connected to the internet as well while I was traveling in Las Vegas.
Overall, the products that were made from Apple are usually innovation. Apple has created their products uniquely. They have their unique USB connector, charger, operation system, software and so on. This is a very dangerous way to run a business because Apple doesn’t seem to have much interaction with other companies, but if Apple success, they can sell their products at any price they want to since no one else can be their competitor. This is a make it or break it method. Incredibly, Apple made it. Apple is now one of the biggest technology companies in the world.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Apple computer, Inc. is one of the largest tech companies in the world. The company was established on April 1, 1976, and incorporated on January 3, 1977. Apple computer had been using this name for the first 30 years then removed the word “computer” on January 9, 2007. Apple has produced a lot of innovative products and has successfully become one of the top leaders in the field of technology. Apple itself produces hardware which includes Macintosh computers, iPods, iPhones and iPads. In order to support their own hardware, Apple has also created software including Mac OS X operating system, iOS mobile operating system, iTunes, a professional photography package, a suite of professional au... [tags: Technology, Inventions, History]
2096 words (6 pages)
- Steven Paul Jobs Steven Paul Jobs (Steve Jobs) was born on February 24, 1955 in San Francisco, California, America. He co-founded Apple Computer Inc. (Now Apple Inc.), NeXT, and Pixar. As an Entrepreneur and Inventor, he has made many devices, and films, including the first computer with Graphical User Interface (GUI). Because of his products, people’s lives are easier, more efficient, and more convenient. He achieved that by Steve Jobs was an enthusiastic child who was curious about electronics.... [tags: Apple Computer Inc, Technology, Biography]
972 words (2.8 pages)
- When Steve Jobs started his computer building business some many years ago, I wonder if It had dawned on him that so many papers and textbook articles would be written about his company and how he and his company Apple did busy. Apple has been on the cutting edge of so many different ideas and has truly changed how the business world turns. When performing an internal scan of Apple and looking at the companies strengths and weakness three categories rise to the top. These categories are Apples Structure or to put it into other words it is a review of Apple’s chain of command.... [tags: Corporate Profile]
1308 words (3.7 pages)
- Donna Dubinsky and Apple Computer, Inc. As companies today strive for success in the market place, it is the efficiency of the top management in the company, which usually determines whether or not they are able to achieve their goals. Many of these goals and values incorporate concepts surrounding quality products and services, innovation, team spirit, and efficient management, just to name a few. However, many times a disconnect in one or more of these areas can cause communication barriers, leading to various organizational conflicts and problems.... [tags: Business]
1779 words (5.1 pages)
- While a market for the Apple I was clearly grown, Steve Jobs would again drive the Apple Inc. to develop a personal computer with an ease of use that was previously unknown to consumers. The introduction of the ‘Apple II’ refocused the self-assembly kit idea of the home computer to one of a commercially ready product. The Apple II brought along a wide availability of software for its’ operating system. Many programs were extensively adopted in numerous schools across the country and in resulted in the development of further educational software (Atkinson 87).... [tags: Apple Inc., Personal computer, Apple II series]
1560 words (4.5 pages)
- Apple brand audit In fact, about this business one can easily write a few weighty books. Without exaggeration, we can say that Apple is one of the brightest technology companies that appeared in the 70s of the last century. Due to innovative technology and aesthetic design, Apple Inc. has established a unique reputation comparable to the cult in the consumer electronics industry. In 2014 the company was ranked first in the world by market capitalization. The concept of the brand is built around the slogan 'Think different’ (Linzmayer, 2004).... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, Steve Jobs, Personal computer]
3224 words (9.2 pages)
- Computers have become more common products sold by many stores nowadays, instead of when they were first introduced as a specialty item. Computers continually change and progress further as we move further into the technological age. Currently when one goes to a retailer to buy a computer, there are many brands of computers being sold. However in reality, there are two different types of computers actually being sold. One type is a personal computer, or PC, that is typically used for personal home use.... [tags: Apple Inc., Personal computer, MacBook Pro]
1206 words (3.4 pages)
- Apple and Microsoft are one of the biggest computer systems known to man. Both are very different from each other that attract many people. Apple offers unique products and gadgets within the device. It comes with a variety of different things that have multiple positive items. Apple is clearly a better choice when it comes to electronic devices. Apple consists of multiple different devices. Each and everyone can link to each device so you can access whatever you 're doing on any of your devices.... [tags: Apple Inc., Operating system, IWork, Computer]
994 words (2.8 pages)
- Apple’s logo is one of the most recognizable logos in the world. If asked to describe the picture on the back of an iPhone or a Mac, almost anyone would be able to easily explain the apple with a bite out of it. With genius men behind the brand and a 1984 themed first commercial, it only takes a moment to realize that there is probably a story behind the famous trademark. Indeed, there is was no meaning intended to be hidden within the apple, but even though no significance was predetermined, it has developed a life of its own full of hidden meanings and more obvious ones, all of which are completely coincidental.... [tags: Apple Inc., Brand, Logo, Computer]
1440 words (4.1 pages)
- The Historical Impact of Apple Computers When considering contributions to the technology field, Apple is one of the first companies that comes to mind. The innovation and vision of Apple computers has allowed the company to be on the forefront of technological change. Even after almost 40 years of business, Apple has managed to not only be relevant in the field of technology, but dominate it. Apple led the way of making computers more easily-accessible to the average person by creating a basic, yet efficient design.... [tags: Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone, Computer]
1264 words (3.6 pages)