In fact, about this business one can easily write a few weighty books. Without exaggeration, we can say that Apple is one of the brightest technology companies that appeared in the 70s of the last century. Due to innovative technology and aesthetic design, Apple Inc. has established a unique reputation comparable to the cult in the consumer electronics industry. In 2014 the company was ranked first in the world by market capitalization. The concept of the brand is built around the slogan 'Think different’ (Linzmayer, 2004).
The history of Apple began thirty years ago, when the two friends, Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak decided to found their own company for the production and release of computers. Officially, Apple was founded on April 1, 1976, and it was then that the market has handpicked computer Apple Computer I. Within ten months there were collected and sold 175 shares at a price of $ 666.66. In fact, Apple I was a motherboard without housing, keyboard, sound, and graphics.
In February 1977, Apple`s president became Michael Scott. A significant step forward was the release in April of this year of Apple Computer II - the first personal computer with color graphics. There was support for the display of different colors, developed by the team to work with sound and, therefore, computer had a built-in speaker and keyboard, the opportunity of operative change of the display was the power supply, etc. Then there appeared worldwide famous logo, a multicolored bitten apple created by advertising agency Regis McKenna (Linzmayer, 2004).
The very first Macintosh, Apple has officially unveiled on January 22, 1984 with commercials '1984 ' based on the story of the book by D. Orwell. This cli...
... middle of paper ...
... created web sites for the dissemination of the data processed in the public sector (Bizer et al., 2007). Therefore, Apple is recommended to launch wide marketing campaign encouraging users to join the open data move.
Bizer, C., Heath, T., Ayers, D., & Raimond, Y. (2007, June). Interlinking open data on the web. In Demonstrations Track, 4th European Semantic Web Conference, Innsbruck, Austria.
Cruikshank, J. L. (2006). The Apple way: 12 management lessons from the world 's most innovative company. McGraw-Hill.
Deutschman, A. (2001). The second coming of Steve Jobs. Crown Business.
Linzmayer, O. W. (2004). Apple confidential 2.0: The definitive history of the world 's most colorful company. No Starch Press.
West, J., & Mace, M. (2010). Browsing as the killer app: Explaining the rapid success of Apple 's iPhone. Telecommunications Policy, 34(5), 270-286.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Apple was founded in 1976 by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak, who were determined to change the way people were utilizing the computer. From then Apple has been able to grow its business into one of the most prominent company in the world. Apple Inc. is an American company that creates software, cellular phones, computers and consumer electronic products as well. Some of the Apple products most recognized products are the iPod, iPhone, Mac, and the recently new iPad. They have established over 300 retail stores in about 10 countries around the world.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, Steve Jobs, IPod]
1544 words (4.4 pages)
- Apple was founded in 1976 by two partners named Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak. Since then Apple has been able to grow its business into one of the most influential company in the world. Apple Inc. is an American company that creates software, phones, computers and consumer electronic products as well. Some of the Apple products that people are aware of are the iPod, iPhone, Mac, and the recently new iPad. Apple currently has over 300 retail stores in about 10 countries around the world. Many people do not know this, but Apple also has many different computer software, such as Mac OS X operating system, Final Cut Studio, Logic Studio, iOS, which is a mobile operating system that hosts multiple... [tags: Apple Inc., IPhone, IPod, IPod Touch]
1068 words (3.1 pages)
- ... From March 2013, T-Mobile has positioned its products as the best choice by consumer by providing flexible policies and cheaper rates with more innovative products. This strategy has helped the company very quickly as from the second quarter itself it has started to show huge growth which has surpassed AT&T’s growth rate by a huge margin (Porter, 2008). By the end of third quarter T-Mobile had approximately 444,000 new connections added while in comparison to it AT&T had only 363,000 new connections.... [tags: company profile, vision, mission statement]
1688 words (4.8 pages)
- Branding A commonality among Fortune 500 companies is they can be recognized by their corporate brands and product brands. Branding offers companies an edge over the competition and provides advantages to both the company and the customer. Ferrell and Hartline (2014) identified the advantages of branding as: Product recognition Comparison shopping Shopping efficiency Risk reduction Product acceptance Enhanced self-image Enhance product loyalty (p. 204) Apple Inc. Apple is a well-known and globally recognized brand.... [tags: IPhone, Mobile phone, Brand, Apple Inc.]
732 words (2.1 pages)
- Introduction and Background Apple, Inc is a well known name in the computer technology world; Apple, Inc leads the computer industry in innovation thanks to the award winning desktop and notebook computer known as OS X operating system (Yoffie & Slind, 2008). This paper will focus on Apple Inc., strategic management and why is it critical to the success of the organization in meeting its goals and mission. It is therefore important to define strategic management, according to Certo, Peter & Ottensmeyer, (2005), strategic management is a continuous process that directs an organization to be appropriately suited to its internal and external environment.... [tags: Apple, Inc Analysis]
1524 words (4.4 pages)
- Apple Inc. Online channels The horizontal integration of Apple products is enhanced by the downloadable facility provided by their online stores. It enables complementary products such as Apple Store, iTunes to be access at anytime with customers downloading 85 billion Apple Store items in 2014 (Green 2016). Additionally, online stores provide easy access to hardware products for customers not situated near a store or time poor. Non Apple Retail Outlets Retailers and wholesalers of Apple products serve to make products available across sectors that hold a large product variety, such as JB HiFi and Officeworks.... [tags: Marketing, Retailing, Apple Inc., Apple Store]
1211 words (3.5 pages)
- Apple Inc. is one of the most iconic brands of modern times. Scores of individuals own Apple products and just as many more individuals profess loyalty to the brand founded by Steven Wozniak and Steven Jobs in 1976 (Gamble & Thompson, 2011). Analysis of the study presents areas for opportunities and options for change. The analysis presented will offer insight into the strategy employed by the company in 2009 as well as a SWOT analysis of the company, in general. The analysis will expose details of Apple’s plans and offer possible options to entertain in the company’s future.... [tags: Apple Inc., IPod, IPhone, IPod Nano]
1640 words (4.7 pages)
- Key Forces Innovations (Research and Development) The main reason Apple Inc. products standouts from its competitors is due to its innovative technology, therefore Apple Inc. should continue setting its focus on the research and development field while at the same taking the considerations of the customers’ feedback on improving the specifications of the Apple’s products. One of the examples would the screen size of the iPhone is relatively small as compared to the competitors’ smart phones while the customers are demanding for a larger screens to ease the daily’s work especially the young adults.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Apple Inc., Customer service, IPhone]
869 words (2.5 pages)
- Apple Inc. was originally established on April 1st, 1976 by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne, as Apple. In January 1977, the company incorporated as Apple Computer, Inc. and in 2007 renamed as Apple Inc. in March 2015, Apple Inc. (hereafter Apple) joined the Dow Jones Industrial Average. Apple is one of the biggest technology companies around the world, if not the biggest, in revenue, assets and manufacturer. According to Apple 's reports (Form 10-K), the company 's products include iPhone, iPad, Mac, operating system software, application software, different services, and other products.... [tags: Steve Jobs, Apple Inc., Steve Wozniak, IPhone]
702 words (2 pages)
- Steve Jobs was a visionary, as well as a key representative. He settled on basic choices to drop coming up short items, make the Apple OS open to programming suppliers, and update a more productive assembling system. Eventually, these activities prompted higher peripheral benefit for every item. By restoring Apple 's organization society, gaining the right sort of human capital, and settling on vital business choices to lessen costs, Steve Jobs developed Apple Inc. into the organization numerous individuals know and adore today.... [tags: Marketing, Apple Inc., Steve Jobs, IPhone]
1211 words (3.5 pages)