Three Citations Using Direct Quotes
Intuition and analysis are two cognitive styles used by entrepreneurs in new venture formation. Researches Kickul, Gundry, Barbosa, and Whitcanack (2009) studied the effects of intuition versus analysis on entrepreneurial self-efficacy and found that “individuals with the intuitive cognitive style were more confident in their ability to identify and recognize opportunities,” but “individuals with the analytic cognitive style were more confident in their abilities to assess, evaluate, plan, and marshal resources” (p. 439). They also found that “intuitive individuals’ intentions toward entrepreneurship are better explained by their self-efficacy beliefs regarding . . . the new venture creation process” (Kickul et al., 2009, p. 450). Kickul et al. (2009) conclude, “deep cognitive structures are at play in how entrepreneurial intentions evolve,” which suggests that an analytical approach to new venture formation may be equally effective for analytical and intuitive entrepreneurs (p. 450).
Three Citations Using Paraphrasing and Quotes
Deep-level diversity of personality types within an entrepreneurial team presents persistent challenges. York, McCarthy, and Darnold (2009) in a case study of a cross-disciplinary team found deep-level diversity increases conflict that persists over time. Deep-level diversity was defined as “fit among a variety of personality traits . . . and a significant difference in general mental ability” (York et al., 2009, p. 336). York et al. (2009) suggest that reducing deep-level diversity in teams will increase team performance.
Evaluation of Academic Articles
The Kickul et al. (2009) article measured 138 MBA students enrolled in entrep...
... middle of paper ...
... must have a corresponding entry in the reference list – each reference must have at least one citation in the text.
American Psychological Association. (2007). APA style guide to electronic references. Washington, DC: Author.
American Psychological Association. (2009). Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Washington, DC: Author.
Kickul, J., Gundry, L. K., Barbosa, S. D., & Whitcanack, L. (2009). Intuition versus analysis? Testing differential models of cognitive style on entrepreneurial self-efficacy and the new venture creation process. Entrepreneurship: Theory & Practice, 33(2), 439-453. doi: 10.1111/j.1540-6520.2009.00298.x
York, A. S., McCarthy, K. A., & Darnold, T. C. (2009). Building biotechnology teams: Personality does matter. Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 15(4), 335-346. doi: 10.1057/jcb.2009.19
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... A book with two authors is needed for this paper, so I picked one at random. Within the chosen book, the first statement is; “When I was little, my dad used to tell me, “Will, you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose.”” (Green & Levithan, 2011). I have no idea what this book is about; I just know it’s intended for a juvenile audience. Newspapers are widely used for information, so I’m going to cite one as well. The nearest newspaper to me is The Sun Star, and an interesting article in this newspaper is written by Kurtis Gosney.... [tags: practicing research paper formats]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- The APA writing style is most commonly used to cite sources for psychology, education, and social sciences and is also the official writing style of the American Psychological Association. The General APA Organizational Guidelines are basic guidelines that explain how to write a research paper in the APA format. These guidelines ensure clear and consistent presentation of written material that differentiates from other writing styles because it concerns elements such as: Citations, punctuation, presentation of numbers, etc There are four major sections in an APA paper.... [tags: APA Writing Style]
1600 words (4.6 pages)
- APA Style Sample APA (American Psychological Association) style is primarily used in the social science disciplines. It is formatted like MLA, and shows many similarities, but is unique in several key points. APA uses parenthetical (or in-text) citations within sentences, but rather than indicating the author's name and page number, APA includes author's name and date of publication. The page number, represented with a p. or a pp., is only added to the citation when using a direct quote (not a summary or paraphrase).... [tags: APA]
581 words (1.7 pages)
- Formatting Requirements for Publications Abstract. In this paper, we describe the formatting requirements for CSCL 2005 publications, and we offer a number of suggestions on writing style for the worldwide CSCL readership. These instructions pertain to the published component of submissions only. Some submissions may require other documentation in addition to the published paper. Keywords: Guidelines, formatting instructions, author's kit, conference publications INTRODUCTION The CSCL 2005 Proceedings will provide a persistent record of the conference, published in both CD-ROM and paper formats.... [tags: Publishing Papers]
1510 words (4.3 pages)
- In this paper I’m going to discuss what is the 6th amendment right, the elements of ineffective counsel, how judges deem a person as ineffective counsel from an effective counsel, cases where defendants believed their counsel was ineffective and judges ruled them effective. I will also start by defining what is the 6th amendment right and stating the elements of an ineffective counsel. The 6th amendment is the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury if the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause if the accusation; to be conf... [tags: ineffective counsel, deffendants]
839 words (2.4 pages)
- ... Organization is also important for effective writing. There will be no point of having proper research but with the information presented in a less organized manner. Effective writing requires that the thought of the writer, as well as the borrowed information, are presented in a logical and lowing manner. This calls of the writer to precise and openly introduces the subject of discussion. It is also important for the write to make the claim in the introduction part. This way, the reader will be informed of the points that the write is likely to make.... [tags: organization, preplanned, formatting]
696 words (2 pages)
- The APA ethical guidelines help to ensure that all psychological research maintains the integrity that it does not do harm or conflicts with the majority of the human populations moral ethical codes. However, in some situations the APA ethical guidelines must be viewed as just that: guidelines. If a study has the potential to benefit humanity as a whole and does not result in the permanent or irreparable harm to a human being then some guidelines must be permitted to be stretched or even broken in the interest of human advancement and scientific progression.... [tags: Moral Integrity, Violation]
923 words (2.6 pages)
- An Edition of The Rover This project grew out of an exercise designed primarily to give graduate students practical experience in the processes of textual bibliography. It was continued and completed based on two beliefs: first, that the errors found amoung extant editions are significant enough to warrant further revision, and second, that the existence of a text with format and language accessible to modern readers is essential to the survival of this important work. With these aims in mind, we have worked to produce an edition of The Rover that respects not only the believed intentions of the author and the integrity of the earliest texts, but also the needs and concerns of conte... [tags: essays research papers fc]
978 words (2.8 pages)
- The Development of Kaspar Hauser: Edition and Use of Language Introduction ============ Mankind has always been infatuated by people who are orphans, refugee children whose parents have died. There is an interest in people who don’t have parents, how do they become a member of society. What language would they speak. Kaspar Hauser was an enigma. Where did he come from. Why was he killed. He received attention from Napoleon, emperors speculated about him and countless books have been written about him.... [tags: Papers]
539 words (1.5 pages)
- How to Document Sources in APA Style I. References References provide the information necessary for a reader to locate and retrieve any source you cite in the body of the paper. Your reference list should appear at the end of your paper. It should begin on a separate page from the text of the essay under the label References (with no quotation marks, underlining, etc.), centered at the top of the page. Basic Rules Author's names are inverted. Begin with last name, followed by a comma, then by middle and first initials.... [tags: Process Essays]
1592 words (4.5 pages)