... middle of paper ...
...Zero Hedge. 26 Sept. 2013. Web.
Fleischer , Matthew. “DOJ Report: Prison Rapists Target Mentally Ill Inmates.” Takeapart. n.d.
Web. 29 Nov. 2013.
Martin, Jonathan. “Mental Health in Prisons: It’s a Crime.” The Seattle Times. 19 Oct.
2013. Web. 28 Nov. 2013.
National Alliance on Mental Illness. n.d. Web. 30 Nov. 2013.
Primanit, Arientha. “Doctors to Inspect Overcrowded Shelters Where Mentally Ill Patients Are
Dying.” ZakartaGlobe. 23 May 2013. Web. 1 Dec 2013.
Research from the Treatment Advocacy Center. n.d.Web. 1 Dec. 2013.
Tanfani, Joseph. “Keeping Guns Away From People with Mental Illness Is A Complex Issue.”
Los Angeles Times.21 Sept. 2013. Web. 28 Nov. 2013.
Thompson, Christie. “The Best Reporting on Mental Illness in Prisons.” ProPublica. 19 Aug.
2013. Web. 1 Dec. 2013.
World Health Organization. 2013. Web. 30 Nov. 2013.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Gun Control Laws Are Not Needed Thomas Jefferson said, "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Gun control laws are, still to this day, a huge issue in the United States. There is constant debate on how we solve this problem. With multiple arguments on solutions to this topic, many gray-zones follow. What makes this subject hard to tackle is that it “revolves around three major talking points: a sociological, an ethical, and a legal dimension.” The sociological part is establishing if gun laws will help reduce violence rates.... [tags: Gun politics in the United States, Firearm]
1101 words (3.1 pages)
- Critical Analysis Critical thinking is needed on a daily basis. Critical thinking is needed for school, in the workplace and everyday activities. Critical thinking is the process of breaking a situation down and going through steps to get to an outcome or solution. Let’s go through some critical thinking as we look further into what happen to John Schmidt while on the job. Explanation of the Issue or Problem The problem for this situation is that on June 7, John Schmidt, a worker of the organization, has been harmed real badly on his hand when pushing a huge piece of wood through a table found in the generation shop.... [tags: Critical thinking, Thought, Tendency, Reasoning]
1436 words (4.1 pages)
- Gun Control: The Problems and Solutions The United States today can be a scary place. Someone that is disgruntled, has a mental health issue, radicalized through terrorist propaganda or for any other reason can take up a firearm and mass murder innocent people. It can happen anywhere, anytime, anyplace. Anyone that pays attention to any news or newspapers has probably heard something about gun control. It’s a hot topic in this country and around the world. There are a lot of problems with gun control and regulating guns in the United States.... [tags: Gun politics in the United States, Firearm]
2255 words (6.4 pages)
- Service Innovation in Public Transportation: The Case of LG CNS Solutions 1. Introduction Public transportation has grown as attractive investment opportunity in economic sub sector nowadays (Allison, Lupton and Wallis 2013). Mostly public transportation acquisition has been conducted by the government, responsible for whole transport infrastructure activity as the owner and regulator. Since sustainable transport design were gained for better future, government give a space for private company in collaboration, generate the value based on co-creation (Enquist et al.... [tags: public transportation, Korea, service, innovation]
1385 words (4 pages)
- Propose a solution There are many solutions that address youth gangs and violence; many include community based programs. Although there are proven solutions to these problems, the percentages involving youth gangs and violence continue to grow. A solution to combat youth gangs is to reduce their attraction. (Taylor & Smith). As shown previously there are many reasons as to why juveniles join gangs, which include, building relationships with family and friends, protection, sense of belonging, status, outlaw mentality and economics (National Youth Gang Center, 2007).... [tags: Gang, Crime, Mara Salvatrucha, Criminology]
1033 words (3 pages)
- Patrol Officers: Issues and Solutions With the public’s growing animosity towards patrol officers many of the issues faced by these officers are often overlooked. Not only the public, but those entering the job specifically, should be aware of these issues and solutions for dealing with them. Regarding the negativity surrounding police we must consider police ethics and discretion: As an officer how do you determine probable cause or necessary force. This leads us to the issues of officer safety and mental health.... [tags: Police, Law enforcement agency]
1256 words (3.6 pages)
- Coming into college just a few short months ago I was unsure of what career or even what major I wanted to pursue. Even now as I work through this paper I was unsure as to the direction I wanted to take. Although what I have taken away from my first semester has lead me in the direction of field I feel comfortable pursing. I have always found the corporate business world interesting especially in the fields of computing and technology. This has led me towards the career of Solutions Architect. A Solutions Architect is definitely a profession that has come to the workforce as of late with the evolution of the modern workforce.... [tags: Computer, Software engineering, Operating system]
963 words (2.8 pages)
- ... Business owners and individuals may think that self publishing marketing materials is daunting. This is not the case as I have found the process of blurb publishing is easy using Yumpu.com. A user will often find a sense of achievement and creative freedom that is offered by online publishing. Many people are in need of converting a brochure or document that is in PDF format. One issue with any online catalogs in a PDF format is they are often really large. Size is not an issue when using Yumpu.com to reduce the size of a PDF document.... [tags: yumpu, blurb, publishing]
557 words (1.6 pages)
- Solutions Every child deserves the right to a fair and equal education no matter their race, gender, language, social class. However, often time’s people do not provide that for children, including the child’s own parents. With that being said the changes have to start somewhere. Research has been done in finding solutions for teachers and curriculum, schools, and for parents to help increase the learning of all children, but even more so for those children in poverty. Teachers and Curriculum Solutions Between home and school is where majority of children spend their time.... [tags: School, Education, Teacher, Social class]
1156 words (3.3 pages)
- There are many solutions for helping childhood obesity, but some of them may be shams just to get our money. Which solutions are worthwhile to help our children struggling with their weight. Maybe Greg Critser, writer of “Too Much of a Good Thing”, has a few opinions on what some of the solutions suggest. Critser thinks that maybe the parents are to blame for their children’s eating habits. He talks about what promotes children to eat more, for example, they don’t know when they are full, and when they are full, they just may want to feel like a rebel when their parents are away, and attack the pantry.... [tags: Obesity, Nutrition, Dieting, Weight loss]
1984 words (5.7 pages)