Our design project is over anti-finger smudge technology. This technology has been a major subject of research with the advent of hand-held, touch screen devices such as phones and tablets. Anyone who has held a mobile phone or handheld game knows that in a short period of time, the glass display becomes visibly dirty without anti-smudge coatings. Unwanted finger print smudges on touch screen surfaces significantly reduces the performance and utility of the device, as well as the quality of the image and the enjoyment of the user.
Smudges are composites of materials resulting from contact with human skin and from being stored in pockets. The goal of anti-finger smudge technology is to minimize and/or eliminate finger smudges on touch screens, making them easier and more enjoyable to use. Another unexpected but beneficial effect of the anti-fingerprint smudge coatings is that because they are easy to clean, they are less likely to harbor bacteria and other pathogens, thus inhibiting the spread of disease. Anti-reflective coatings are very popular today because they enhance the contrast of high resolution displays, but an unfortunate side effect of their usage in touch applications is that fingerprints are especially visible on the surface of such low-reflective screens.
Current anti-finger smudging technology typically involves a clear screen or film often applied using vacuum suction. These coverings are hydrophobic, oleophobic and lipophobic in nature, which discourages the buildup of oily fingerprints and smudges. Another method of reducing fingerprints and smudges is to use chemical structures that increase surface tension, thereby spreading oily deposits on contact. Rather than b...
... middle of paper ...
SpecialChem editor, (2009). Dow Corning presents "Advances in Anti-Fingerprint Coatings" at ABRAFATI 2009’s 11th International Coatings Congress. SpecialChem. Retrieved from: http://www.specialchem4coatings.com/news-trends/displaynews.aspx?id=11985
SRI International. ( 2010). Anti-Smudge Coatings.
Retrieved from: http://www.sri.com/engage/products-solutions/anti-smudge-coatings
SRI International. (2010). Anti-Smudge Coatings, Easy-to-Clean Products Coatings.
Retrieved from: http://www.sri.com/sites/default/files/brochures/sri_antismudge_coatings.pdf
Sview. Anti-Fingerprint Film for Galaxy Note, Image.
Retrieved from: http://sviewfilm.com/product/screen-protector/anti-fingerprint-film/anti-fingerprint-film-galaxy-note-2
UltraTech International, Inc, (2012). Ultra- Ever Dry.
Retrieved from: http://www.spillcontainment.com/everdry
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Coating over the Truth Photographers encapsulates the magnificence and reality of humanity that is perceived, yet few utilize themselves to express ideals in the fashion or perfection of Rodney Graham. His works have achieved the Gershon Iskowitz Prize among an array of prestigious recognitions (Lisson Gallery). While Graham experiments with dynamic and direct styles, he frequently fancies incorporating extreme subtlety in his works such as the “Drywaller” (Lisson Gallery), where the message subtlety is in such an extraordinary degree that it has been undiscussed.... [tags: Sense, Perception, Illusion, Epiphany]
1190 words (3.4 pages)
- Aim of this study was to develop the TLC and HPTLC finger print profiles for various secondary metabolites of methanolic stem extracts of the traditional medicinal climber, Solena amplexicaulis. These studies were carried out as per the methods of Harborne and Wagner et al. The profiles of various individual secondary metabolites were made and developed for authentication. The methanolic stem extract showed the presence of 5 alkaloids, 6 flavonoids, 2 glycosides, 10 saponins and 7 terpenoids. Owing to the presence of rich variety of secondary metabolites, the stem extract of S.... [tags: bioactive, metabolites, medicinal]
1553 words (4.4 pages)
- Abortion Abortion have been around for many years, studied for different societies. It was legal in the United States from the earliest times. In the middle 1800s, states began to pass laws that made abortions illegal. There are two different types of abortion.One is Clinic abortion, and the other one is an abortion pill. Abortions are very common. In fact, 3 out of 10 women in the U.S. have an abortion by the time they are 45 years old. The motive for anti-abortion laws varied from state to state.... [tags: anti-abortion laws, criminalization]
954 words (2.7 pages)
- Throughout the centuries, there has been a strong and persistent hatred towards Jews. The origins of this loathing have arose from factors such as religious beliefs, economic factors, nationalism, and beliefs about race and biology. One of the most prominent anti-sematic figures in history was Adolf Hitler, who had numerous reasons to detest the Jews. Hitler had a vision that Germany would one day have the perfect race; the Aryan race and that was Hitler’s primary focus. Hitler gained his anti-sematic views as a young man while he lived in the capitol city, Vienna.... [tags: hitler, anti semitism, jews]
857 words (2.4 pages)
- According to the Merriam Webster Dictionary, anti-Semitism is hostility toward or discrimination against Jews as a religious, ethnic, or racial group. There are two main types of anti-Semitism: classical anti-Semitism and modern anti-Semitism. Classical anti-Semitism is the hatred and intolerance towards Jews because of their religious differences. According to remember.org, “Modern anti-Semitism, in contrast to earlier forms, was based not on religious practices of the Jews but on the theory that Jews comprised an inferior race.... [tags: Anti-Semitism]
1587 words (4.5 pages)
- The moon was hanging down from the sky with just a quarter of her shine. I was meandering home, almost staggering after a hard day of play rehearsal. The streets were silent and desolate. There was not a sight of anyone. Street lamps were broken and their glass was all shattered and the broken glass was scattered on the floor. Black cats were idling and some were perching on the lawn of the sleeping people of Hong Kong. Rats were dashing around the dirty and blocked ditches. As I entered the park, a broken red “Welcome” sign greeted me.... [tags: Creative Writing Essays]
692 words (2 pages)
- There has been an increase of gays all over the world in the last few generations. Some countries have become accepting to it, but others are not having any of it and Uganda, a country in East Africa, is one of them. Uganda has passed severe laws for an anti-gay country. Some laws as severe as life in prison or death sentence. The U.S. should step in and act as an International police force before things get too out of hand because nobody should be put to death or spend lifetime in prison for being who they are.... [tags: Anti-gay Laws]
1010 words (2.9 pages)
- At the beginning of our time on this earth, mankind was learning to stand up. Upon walking a good many steps on this world, mankind moved across the lands living off of its fruit and meat. Then we decided to stop moving and mankind developed cultivation skills to better serve us. Since then mankind has grown by leaps and bounds over the kingdoms and empires of old. Growth was spurred by conquest. It was almost as if man was born to kill or be killed. Although riddled with turmoil the age that would surpass these days would always be over the cliff of a far horizon.... [tags: Anti-Ballistic Missile Treaty]
3330 words (9.5 pages)
- The String Around My Finger I work in a restaurant as a waitress and several days ago a co-worker of mine had to leave work. His ex-wife had called to tell him that their daughter had been rushed to the hospital because of a bicycling accident. He wasn't sure quite what to do. He'd talked to me before he asked the manager for permission to leave. He doubted that it was serious enough to get permission and asked whether or not I thought he should try. I told him that he had to go, and that I thought it was very important that he and his ex-wife be by her side especially considering their recent divorce.... [tags: Essays Papers]
1433 words (4.1 pages)
- Anti-Semitism Discrimination and prejudice have been in our world for as long as humans have themselves. Discrimination has caused problems in societies all throughout history. But despite all of the terrible things that have happened because of prejudice and discrimination, it continues to live on in our world today. Anti-Semitism, prejudice against Jews, is a form of discrimination that has caused perhaps the most problems throughout history. Many people describe anti-Semitism as more than simply "prejudice" or "discrimination" against Jews.... [tags: Prejudice Jewish Anti-Judaism Papers]
1364 words (3.9 pages)