The majority of animals we consume and test feel pain similar to humans. Humans and the majority of other animals have a vertebrate. ...
... middle of paper ...
...ment is erroneous because of the numerous contradictions in the bible’s texts. For example, the bible claims that a wife must submit to her husband, homosexuals are immoral, one must not eat cloven-hoofed animals, and rebellious son must be taken to the center of town and stoned to death. Many more contradictions in the bible demonstrate the inconsistencies in overall morality that the bible tries deliver.
Humans ought to stop slaughtering and doing unnecessary testing on animals because animals feel pain and have a consciousness. Farming animals damages the earth, and the consumption of animal byproducts has been linked to numerous diseases. Animal testing may be necessary for better overall mortality, but the majority of animal experimentations are unnecessary. A truly civilized humankind will find a way to treat all animals on earth with dignity and respect.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- The Humane Society has stated that many animals undergo immensely painful tests, such as: the deprivation of necessities, forced feeding, the infliction of burns and chemicals, physical restraint, neck breaking, and decapitation (Animal Testing). Animal experiments have been used for centuries to test personal products, cleaning tools, food, chemicals, and drugs (Animal Experimentation Driscoll and Finley). Contrary to popular belief, many of today’s experiments are unsupervised, leaving the animals subjected to torturous, cruel, and useless studies (Animal Testing).... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1741 words (5 pages)
- Its’ another morning and the room is white. There are bars all around and the smell of cleaner is everywhere. Soon I see a person holding a tube of something. The person is coming towards me. Suddenly I’m out of the bars and sitting on a table. The person held me down and put the tube against me. It burns. I want to run but cant. My heart rate goes up and I start to tremble. This will be done several times a day with several different tubes. Law requires I get pain medication but it is minimal and wears off quickly.... [tags: Animal Rights ]
852 words (2.4 pages)
- Did you know that the shampoo you use was probably forced down the throat of a rabbit, cat, or maybe even a dog. Each year, millions of animals are used to test how safe and effective products, such as cosmetics, are. They are genetically modified, force-fed harmful chemicals, blinded, scalded, and maimed. How could one not object to this awful cruelty. Animal testing should be banned because it is cruel, unnecessary, inaccurate, and expensive. The very first reason why animal testing should be banned is elementary: it is cruel and unnecessary.... [tags: Animal Rights]
538 words (1.5 pages)
- I. Introduction to controversy and arguments from both sides One major topic that has been in question and is now currently being debated is the question whether or not animal testing should be banned. From source #2 “An estimated 26 million animals are used every year in the United States for scientific and commercial testing.  Animals are used to develop medical treatments, determine the toxicity of medications, check the safety of products destined for human use, and other biomedical, commercial, and health care uses.... [tags: Animal testing, Human, Animal rights, Mammal]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Animals are used in research to develop new medicines and for scientists to test the safety of the medicines. This animal testing is called vivisection. Research is being carried out at universities, medical schools and even in primary and elementary schools as well as in commercial facilities which provide animal experiments to industry. (UK Parliament) In addition, animals are also used in cosmetic testing, toxicology tests, “defense research” and “xenotransplantation”. All around the world, a huge amount of animals are sentenced to life in a laboratory cage and they are obliged to feel loneliness and pain.... [tags: Against Animal Testing]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- Ricky Gervais, an English comedian and actor, once said, "Dear intelligent people of the world, don't get shampoo in your eyes. It really stings. There. Done. Now f***ing stop torturing animals." (Gervais). Although people may receive Mr. Gervais’ words as harsh, his message contains truth, that people need to stop testing on animals. Animals need to stop being the center of laboratory and farm experiments, or at least given more rights to protect their general welfare and life. Scientists started using animals in testing in 1851 as a part of learning in the classroom at universities (ProQuest).... [tags: Animal Testing Essays]
3099 words (8.9 pages)
- Animal testing for human safety is inhumane and must be banned. Beloved house pets such as rodents, rabbits and even dogs are being tested on all over the world. These powerless and voiceless animals are intentionally given dreadful diseases to find cures while scientists could be finding alternative ways of testing instead of using our furry friends. Furthermore, the tests are not precise because there have been products found to cause cancer in animals but also cures human ailments. Why are humans authorised to conduct such inhumane things, who gave humans the power of heartlessly torturing feeble animals.... [tags: Negative Effects of Animal Testing]
663 words (1.9 pages)
- ... Animals are force-fed this substance (1). Why would we want to put poor animals in this kind of pain for no reason. Animals to the society can be their world. Animal lovers in the society would probably give their all just to make their animals happy. Animals should not have to be guinea pigs to the scientists. Human and animal testing agrees only five-twenty five percent of the time, according to the Huntington Life Sciences (1). 88% of stillbirths are due to drugs posed to be safe in animal testing (1).... [tags: pain, medicine, animal welfare act]
1020 words (2.9 pages)
- ... However, animal testing is seen by many to be cruel, wasteful, and inefficient. Because of this researchers have spent their lives finding alternative methods to animal testing and have succeeded, but because so much has been so much accomplished through animal testing, researchers are hesitant to use alternatives. One reason we need to change from animal to alternative research is the cruelty factor at play when you test on live test subjects. Because of the controversy surrounding the topic, animal testing is highly regulated.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Did you know that most of the products you are using as of today are tested on animals. Animal testing is the act of products tested on animals that causes them pain and stress. Animal testing should be stopped at all costs since it causes animals to go through painful treatments, animal testing costs millions of dollars that could be used otherwise, and is an inhumane process. The treatments that are done to animals are very painful. The innocent animals go through being burned, shocked, poisoned, isolated and starved.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1066 words (3 pages)
- My Reflection On My Emotional State
- The Environment And Its Preservation
- How Psychological Disorders Develop Catherine And Heathcliff 's Relationship Within Wuthering Heights
- Slavery And The American History
- The Storm Of A Tropical Wave
- Factors That Affect The Brain And The Central Nervous System ( Cns ) Of Mammals