Animal testing must be banned for unnecessary tests because a lot of animals are dying for no reason. Ninety-four percent of animal testing is done to determine the safety of cosmetics and household products (Animal Testing 1). That only leaves six percent for medical research (1). Ninety percent of all animals used in research are rats and mine (Animals Used in Experiments 4). Cosmetic testing is banned in Belgium, Netherlands, and the United Kingdom (1). The United States has many companies that continue to legally perform horrible tests on animals (1). The United States Food and Drug Administration and the Consumer Product Safety Commission do not require animal testing for cosmetics or household products (1). The Animal Welfare Act is the only federal law to require basic standards of care, housing and treatment to the animals that are kept in the labs for testing (4). The LD50 test is one of the worst tests that was developed back in 1927 and is still used today (1). Groups of animals are dosed with different amounts of a test substance in order to determine the does which kills half of the animals (1)! Animals are force-fed this substance (1). Why would we want to put poor animals in this kind of pain for no reason? Animals to the society can be their world. Animal lovers in the society would probably give their all just to mak...
... middle of paper ...
...ngs and are just like humans (3). Scientists on the other hand feel like there is a need to endanger the animals because they are trying to find a cure for the human population to all the diseases that are out in the world(3).
Animal testing should be banned for unnecessary tests because why would the government want to put human through the same thing that the animals go through. Animals should not be guinea pigs to the horrible tests that the scientists run on them. The animals should be able to be free and not have to be strapped down and forced-fed. Animals feel the pain just as well as a human would, but a human can walk away from the pain and say “no”. Sometimes it is better to run tests on animals to find a cure for cancer, HIV, and other diseases but the government and the scientists should find a different way to do this with out killing so many animals.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal testing for human safety is inhumane and must be banned. Beloved house pets such as rodents, rabbits and even dogs are being tested on all over the world. These powerless and voiceless animals are intentionally given dreadful diseases to find cures while scientists could be finding alternative ways of testing instead of using our furry friends. Furthermore, the tests are not precise because there have been products found to cause cancer in animals but also cures human ailments. Why are humans authorised to conduct such inhumane things, who gave humans the power of heartlessly torturing feeble animals.... [tags: Negative Effects of Animal Testing]
663 words (1.9 pages)
- To find out how to best treat a wounded soldier, the US Department of Defense ran an experiment where hundreds of live animals were shot, stabbed, and set on fire so military medics can practice healing battle wounds. Live goats had their legs broken and cut off with shears while monkeys were forcefully fed poison. (Shocking Trauma Training on Animals Exposed) This is just one example of the horrors of the unnecessary and cruel practice of animal testing. For hundreds of years, humans have been using animals to test products and find cures for illnesses.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Biology]
1992 words (5.7 pages)
- Animal testing for human safety is inhumane and must be banned. Beloved house pets such as rodents, rabbits and even dogs are being tested on all over the world. These powerless and voiceless animals are intentionally given dreadful diseases to find cures while scientists could be finding alternative ways of testing instead of using our furry friends. Furthermore, the tests are not precise because there have been products found to cause cancer in animals but also cures human ailments. Why are humans authorised to conduct such inhumane things, who gave humans the power of heartlessly torturing feeble animals.... [tags: Animal Testing Essays]
648 words (1.9 pages)
- The Humane Society has stated that many animals undergo immensely painful tests, such as: the deprivation of necessities, forced feeding, the infliction of burns and chemicals, physical restraint, neck breaking, and decapitation (Animal Testing). Animal experiments have been used for centuries to test personal products, cleaning tools, food, chemicals, and drugs (Animal Experimentation Driscoll and Finley). Contrary to popular belief, many of today’s experiments are unsupervised, leaving the animals subjected to torturous, cruel, and useless studies (Animal Testing).... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1741 words (5 pages)
- ... However, animal testing is seen by many to be cruel, wasteful, and inefficient. Because of this researchers have spent their lives finding alternative methods to animal testing and have succeeded, but because so much has been so much accomplished through animal testing, researchers are hesitant to use alternatives. One reason we need to change from animal to alternative research is the cruelty factor at play when you test on live test subjects. Because of the controversy surrounding the topic, animal testing is highly regulated.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
763 words (2.2 pages)
- Animal Testing “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated” (Johnson). According to Mohandas Gandhi, the United States will never be a great nation unless they start treating animals the way that we want to be treated. The U.S. treats their animals like disposable laboratory equipment, because during experiments animals are tortured, killed, and tossed in the trash. Animal testing must be stopped because of the wasted money, cruelty to the animals, and the unreliable results.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1670 words (4.8 pages)
- ... These animals are tested for cosmetics, household cleaners, food additives, pharmaceuticals and industrial/agro-chemicals. It is only completely obvious that making these animals go through what they do is unethical, at the least. These actions performed in laboratory 's are barely if not completely non restricted in what they are allowed to perform or inject in the animals. The Animal Welfare Act, enacted in the 1960 's, was passed in order to give protection to animals from abuse. Although the Animal Welfare Act (AWA) prohibits animal abuse, are laboratories really following the rules.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
777 words (2.2 pages)
- Has it ever crossed a human’s mind that hurting an animal for research is wrong. Lets help our government prevent animal testing for all creatures, especially for mice and rabbits. Many people are using animal testing as an excuse for their own pleasures, such as, hunting, cleaning supplies, medical and cosmetic purposes. Many companies are not required to put labels on their merchandises, which means people are clueless to whether products are being tested on animals. Researchers should consider the use of the chemosynthetic liver.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
2941 words (8.4 pages)
- ... This is inhumane and not morally accepted in modern day society. The average person would not agree with these conditions. However although it is common knowledge it is not widely seen or thought about. Although, few of these experiments have yielded scientific results mainly within medicine but also about a general understanding about how living lifeforms function. However the starvation, injections, living conditions, and life of the animals being tested on is not morally acceptable especially considering that recent technology has solved the need for an animal, instead using cells.... [tags: Animal testing, Testing cosmetics on animals]
711 words (2 pages)
- Animal Testing Using Animals for testing is wrong and should be banned. They should be entitled to the rights we have. Every day humans are using defenseless animals for cruel and most often useless tests. The animals cannot fight for themselves therefore we must. There should be stronger laws to protect them from laboratory experiments. Although private companies run most labs, experiments are often conducted by public organizations. The U.S. government, the Army and Air Force in particular, has designed and conducted many animal experiments.... [tags: Animal Testing]
932 words (2.7 pages)