What most people don’t know is that more than half of the experiment conducted on animals are unreliable. Now you may be thinking well every experiment has its flaws. Yes, i agree but if more than half of the experiment being conducted are unreliable shouldn’t that tell us, “Hey may we should find a better way to test out our products?” According to peta’s websites it states that “The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has noted that 92 percent of all drugs that are shown to be safe and effective in animal tests fail in human trials because they don’t work or are dangerous. And of the small percentage of drugs approved for human use, half end up being relabeled because of side effects that were not identified in tests on animals.” This means that even the drugs that are “suitable” for humans have to be relabeled because of the side effect it has that weren’t detected on the animals. This just proves that our bodies do not work the same as animals, and that their ability to adapt to medication is much different than ours. With that being said most animals are introduced to conditions that the would normally never face. The most common testing on animals is testing to find a cure for cancer. This experiment usually are conducted on mice. This particular situation also relates to an incident that happened in the book of “ The Immortal life of henrietta Lacks” by Rebecca S...
... middle of paper ...
...ed, addicted to drugs, and brain-damaged. All this is allowed by the AWA (Animal Welfare Act). The poor brutally tortured animals aren’t even required to be given pain kills. Each year over 100 million animals are killed during these experiment according to hsi.org.
Animal testing is not only inhumane but it is also time consuming, ineffective in coast, and a waste of a precious innocent life of an animal. Before you think about being pro testing for animals think of your pets, or an animals that has made an impact in your life, children 's life, relative’s life, basically any animal that holds a significant value. .Now Picture that animal that you hold dearly to your heart being taken away to be torchured. It 's a tough imagery to paint. You may not care about animals being torchured, but just remember somewhere out there that’s someone else pride and possion.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animals are used as a part of experimentations in order to accomplish new openings. A few individuals think that it is satisfactory, while others contend that it is not moral to sacrifice animals for science. Estimated, that fifty to one hundred million of animals are used for tests in the world. Despite the significance of experiments, the quantity of animals and purpose of research are not under any control. Animals testing should be banned under a few circumstances; we can enhance the situation by using alternative ways such as replacement, reduction, and refinement according to International Society for Applied Ethology.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1116 words (3.2 pages)
- Introduction Animals have been used for pharmaceutical testing throughout history. The Greeks in early BC were the first to carry out animal testing using live animals to test experiments and different medicines on. (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_animal_testing) Animal testing has provided many positives to human lives but is still a controversial issue. Some people believe that animal testing is unnecessary and alternatives should be considered. Others believe animal testing is essential to find if certain drugs are harmful to humans.... [tags: animal rights, animal testing]
883 words (2.5 pages)
- 1. Introduction Thesis Statement: If animal testing were prohibited, then in what way would the effectiveness of a product be verified. A quote by Amanullah Ashraf states that, 'in order to gain something, we have to lose something '. According to this, I will be discussing animal testing. Audience: everybody who thinks animal testing should be prohibited. Purpose: convincing people that animal testing is the best way to test products and its not “cruel” and “inhuman” as people say. 2. Body paragraphs Topic Sentence: Sheltering the safety of people, animals and the environment.... [tags: Animal Testing Speech]
1118 words (3.2 pages)
- Anna Mari Paper 3 The statistics about the number of animals that are affected are possibly countless because there are many animals being rescued everyday (Collins). In 1789, the animal protection movement was born. Jeremy Bentham saw a need for animal protection world-wide and thus created the movement. The rally’s call that Jeremy Bentham was involved in for animal protection was “The question is not can they [animals] reason nor can they talk, but can they suffer” Both the United States and Great Britain signed the first “anti-cruelty” laws in Britain (John Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health).... [tags: Animal rights, Animal welfare, Dog, Bear]
2562 words (7.3 pages)
- For thousands of years, animals have been used to test procedure, vaccines, and medicine to see their reaction prior to using them on humans. This allows these medicines, vaccines, and procedures to be reviewed and accepted by government before making them available to the public. Many medicines have potentially harmful side effects and testing on animals allows scientists to identify these side effects and let the consumer know prior to receiving and taking the medication. During this testing process, many animals react poorly to some medications or vaccines and doctors realize that those will not work for humans.... [tags: Animal testing, Human, The Animals, Abuse]
1033 words (3 pages)
- While it is generally agreed upon that animal experimentation for cosmetics is unethical, the act of testing animals for medical research poses a complex scientific and moral dilemma. Animal research has been used in producing treatments for cancer, antibiotics for infections, vaccines for viruses, and surgeries for injuries and deformities. However, this doesn’t resolve the unease many feel when imagining the suffering that countless animals have endured for our benefit. To come to a practical solution for animal testing, we must consider the benefits of this practice to our health as well as the detrimental effects on animals.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing, Vivisection]
1082 words (3.1 pages)
- Medical Testing On Animals Medical testing on animals is a very controversial topic that touches almost every individual's life whether they realize it or not. 16 million diabetic people enjoy life they would otherwise not have if it weren't for the dogs, rabbits, and, fish that endured tests to help scientists discover treatments and produce insulin. Cardiovascular disease is high on the list of American killers. The procedures used to treat this affliction such as surgical techniques and theraputic drugs required the use of animal testing.... [tags: Pros Cons Animal Testing Essays]
1507 words (4.3 pages)
- An intense and polarizing deliberation concerning the issue of animal experimentation and the utilization in research has been raging for years. This issue often catches newspaper headlines and strikes the heart of the American public. The opinion of advocates of animal research and the opinion of those who oppose it are quite visible in the media. Both sides tirelessly strive in advancing their unique beliefs. So far as this discussion is specifically focused on the attainment of favorable legislation by one side or the other, special interest groups have been formed by both parties in order to sway the legislators and numerous bureaucrats to their desired side.... [tags: Animal Rights]
2177 words (6.2 pages)
- Almost every medicine that can be found in an average person’s medicine cabinet has been tested on an animal at one point or another. A government funded corporation called the Food and Drug Administration, abbreviated as the FDA, is in charge of making sure that all drugs, cosmetics, biological products, and more are efficient, secure, and safe for human usage. The FDA will not allow any drug to be released or sold to the human population if it has not first been tested on animals. In fact, when a drug is first created it is tested on animals before humans are even allowed to test the drug at clinical trial centers.... [tags: medical, scientist, research]
2986 words (8.5 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a rapidly growing nationwide problem. Animals are being battered and starved everyday. There are many forms of animal cruelty; some forms are scientific research, abandonment, and mistreatment. What many people believe is that most of these cases are done by animal owners is utterly untrue. Massive corporations like McDonalds and KFC’s have slaughterhouses in which they slaughter up to 4 million animals, per factory per day. They also use equipment that cause prolonged periods of suffering to animals, these corporations are also in total denial when confronted, this is absolutely shocking.... [tags: Animal cruelty, Animals, Corporations, ]
415 words (1.2 pages)