Some believed the main causes of animal abuse was because the owner was abused as a child. “There can be many reason for animal cruelty, like any other form of violence, is often committed by a person who feels powerless, unnoticed, or under control of others. Some who are cruel to animals copy acts what they have seen or that have been done to them, others see harming an animal as a safe way to get revenge against--or threaten-- someone who cares about that animal”. (“Animal… Statistics”) Concerns towards abusing animals have gone up in the past. Although there are not many cases on animal abuse, many have occurred. Abusers are charged with Criminal Animal Abuse and then sentenced to life in prison. Some animals that are physically abused are sometimes rescued by Animal Control, and are taken it to an animal shelter. However, many shelters have not had the space to keep...
... middle of paper ...
... sometimes not be so accurate (“Should…Testing”). For example, in the 1950’s, a drug was given to pregnant women to help them sleep that caused over 10,000 babies to have a birth defect. After the affects, scientist went back to researching and trying to make the pill better. Refusing to take the pill out of stores there was over 27,000 heart attacks and deaths on a lot of people. (“Should… Testing”) Although scientific research is necessary, many Christians uphold Bible standards regarding animal abuse, this is mentioned in Proverbs 12:10.
The abuse is present; fortunately, laws are being implemented to retard the number of cases. Experimenting, beating, and hurting represent some of these forms, and now people are taking action to report the abuser. Those images are horrific to view, but now legal action can be taken to deter these crimes on Earth’s habitat.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fight the Cruelty Animal cruelty is a very sad topic, but it needs to be addressed. Innocent animals are harmed by humans, and not for self defence or survival. People do this just to do it, and that is why it is so ridiculous. Some do it to benefit from the animal, use them for things like fashion. There are other alternatives to making a fur coat, harming an innocent animal should not be an option. The fact that humans do it and get away with it is sickening. There are laws that protect the animals, but people, especially hunters, find ways around them.... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, The Animals]
1064 words (3 pages)
- It is so easy to become complacent in our sheltered world and to turn the other cheek to the violence and misery that our every life decision can perpetrate, and that the majority of the country (mostly unknowingly) buys into. The fact is that if the horrors of the meat industry were common knowledge, the business would decrease, and drastically at that. So, to keep the knowledge from becoming widespread, meat and animal factory farms are content to work quietly and discreetly in the sparsely-populated back corners of the country where no one can see what is being done without making an active effort.... [tags: Animal Cruelty ]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a rapidly growing nationwide problem. Animals are being battered and starved everyday. There are many forms of animal cruelty; some forms are scientific research, abandonment, and mistreatment. What many people believe is that most of these cases are done by animal owners is utterly untrue. Massive corporations like McDonalds and KFC’s have slaughterhouses in which they slaughter up to 4 million animals, per factory per day. They also use equipment that cause prolonged periods of suffering to animals, these corporations are also in total denial when confronted, this is absolutely shocking.... [tags: Animal cruelty, Animals, Corporations, ]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- One has to know what animal cruelty is before they can fight it affectively. Every day in the United States, animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. (LearningToLive.org 1)We must stand as one to help these animals and punish their heartless owners (LearningToLive.org 1). We must speak out for them, if now us who. (LearningToLive.org 1). According to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) animal cruelty is defined as “Acts of violence or neglect perpetrated against animals are considered animal cruelty,” according to the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA).... [tags: Animal Cruelty]
2346 words (6.7 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a big problem around the world; in fact, most animals that are abused and neglected come from domestic violence in some cases. What is animal cruelty. Animal cruelty is when people harm and neglect animals. I always say that if anybody plans on buying a dog or cat, for instance, and cannot handle themselves, why bother buying a pet if he or she is not going to have the proper time to take care of the animal. Having pets is similar to having a child; a person has to have money, time, and patience.... [tags: Dog, Animal welfare, Animal cruelty, Abuse]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- same journal as previous stated, it says, “The association between a history of substantial cruelty to animals and later aggression against people was also confirmed in a second publication of the findings in this same study” (257). If a test on these disorders is done from the beginning it could save even more difficult situations down the road. Taking the time to help these people, could save a lot of lives. Animal cruelty should never be under seen, or seen as something minor, because this is how a sociopath may start, it typically starts at a young age and could start off with an animal.... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, Bullying]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Animal cruelty is the human infliction of suffering, pain, or even death to an animal for the purposes of training, discipline, sport or because it was intentional. Animal cruelty can be inflicted upon any animal on the planet weather they are domestic or exotic. In fact, an animal is abused every sixty seconds. By the end of this speech five or more animal will have been abused and during a typical school day beginning at 8 a.m. and ending at 2:15 more than 375 animals will have been submitted to some form of abuse.... [tags: Abuse, Child abuse, Animal cruelty]
1107 words (3.2 pages)
- Animal cruelty has always been a hot topic for animal lovers all over the world. There are many organizations to try and end the cruelty of these innocent animals. It’s sad to think an individual would think treating an animal aggressively is an acceptable behavior. If a human is accused of animal abuse, then there should be serious consequences due to their wrongdoing. Animals need to be respected in the same manner as humans. There are many ways that could be considered animal abuse. A human physically harming the helpless animal, puppy mills, hoarding animals, cruel animal factories and many more are all considered animal cruelty.... [tags: animal abuse, puppy mill, animal cruelty]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a continuing problem that grows each and every day. According to the United States Humane Society, animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply to the failure to take care of an animal. Cruelty does not just pertain to physical abuse; neglect is also a form of abuse. Animal neglect is not giving an animal necessary food, water, shelter, or vet care. To improve treatment and reduce the amount of abuse and neglect cases for animals is to enforce all cases to become a felony offense.... [tags: Abuse, Suffering, Child abuse, Cruelty to animals]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- Animal cruelty encompasses a range of different behaviors harmful to animals, from neglect to malicious, brutal killings. Studies show that animal cruelty may lead to more serious forms of crime, like heavy drug use, violent outbursts, and most common, cold blooded murder. Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last twenty-five years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty.... [tags: animal neglect killings animal cruelty]
1531 words (4.4 pages)