Animal cruelty have been going on for years. The most common victims that are affected are dogs. Pit-bulls are one breed that is heavily involved in dog fighting and it given them a bad reputation. There were 1,880 cases reported in 2007 and 64.5 percent of those cases involved dogs. Animal cruelty is a crime and it is connected to a lot of serious crimes. There are multiple cases of cockfighting and dogfights that involve drugs which the drug cartels run. This is a serious operation that many big cities deal with. I have read that in 2014 an international drug dealers have gone to a cockfighting pit and someone sent a hit man to take someone out during the fight (www.humanesociety.org). People get killed during a cockfights or dogfights over a bad disagreement for $10. We need a way to end cockfights and dogfights so we can eliminate a huge part of animal cruelty.
Domestic violence, child abuse, and animal cruelty can go hand and hand. I read that about 10.2 million men and woman are physically assaulted by their partner (www.humanesociety.org). 62 percent of those households have at least one pet and 71 percent of domestic violence victims reported that the abuser also targeted their animals (www.humanesociety.org). Other...
... middle of paper ...
...ppy mills are plagued with illnesses like kidney or heart disease because of the conditions they are kept in. Dogfighting became prevalent in the US after the civil war, with professional pits proliferating in 1860s. It was an entertainment source for the police officers and firemen (www.dosomething.org). In China millions of cats and dogs are bled to death and skinned alive for the fur. Half of that fur comes to the United States so if you wear fur, read the tags and see where it’s from.
Treat animals how you would want your child to be treated. You would not bet your child or chain them up somewhere to starve. Think of your pets as your kids and you want them to live a happy life. Just like we enjoy our life they will like to enjoy theirs. If you have pets think of how you will feel if they was with someone abusive. Love your animals and try to help those in need.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Fight the Cruelty Animal cruelty is a very sad topic, but it needs to be addressed. Innocent animals are harmed by humans, and not for self defence or survival. People do this just to do it, and that is why it is so ridiculous. Some do it to benefit from the animal, use them for things like fashion. There are other alternatives to making a fur coat, harming an innocent animal should not be an option. The fact that humans do it and get away with it is sickening. There are laws that protect the animals, but people, especially hunters, find ways around them.... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, The Animals]
1064 words (3 pages)
- Animal cruelty encompasses a range of different behaviors harmful to animals, from neglect to malicious, brutal killings. Studies show that animal cruelty may lead to more serious forms of crime, like heavy drug use, violent outbursts, and most common, cold blooded murder. Many studies in psychology, sociology, and criminology during the last twenty-five years have demonstrated that violent offenders frequently have childhood and adolescent histories of serious and repeated animal cruelty.... [tags: animal neglect killings animal cruelty]
1531 words (4.4 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a big problem around the world; in fact, most animals that are abused and neglected come from domestic violence in some cases. What is animal cruelty. Animal cruelty is when people harm and neglect animals. I always say that if anybody plans on buying a dog or cat, for instance, and cannot handle themselves, why bother buying a pet if he or she is not going to have the proper time to take care of the animal. Having pets is similar to having a child; a person has to have money, time, and patience.... [tags: Dog, Animal welfare, Animal cruelty, Abuse]
1984 words (5.7 pages)
- same journal as previous stated, it says, “The association between a history of substantial cruelty to animals and later aggression against people was also confirmed in a second publication of the findings in this same study” (257). If a test on these disorders is done from the beginning it could save even more difficult situations down the road. Taking the time to help these people, could save a lot of lives. Animal cruelty should never be under seen, or seen as something minor, because this is how a sociopath may start, it typically starts at a young age and could start off with an animal.... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, Bullying]
743 words (2.1 pages)
- Today's world population has advanced this far due to the help of animal testing in various kinds of areas. Yet, some people disagree with animal testing and stand against it. Protestors call animal testing a animal cruelty, which is not similar to the least point. During 1940s and 50s Polio spread around North America killing many and giving great fear to the citizen. Even President Franklin Delano Roosevelt suffered from polio, which led him to become cripple. This chaos was saved with animal testing and it eradicated polio saving many lives.... [tags: animal cruelty and abuse]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- ... Animal laws can be stretched out and used in different ways “The various provisions are organized into categories. Within the first thirteen of these categories, the relevant part of each statute is italicized” (animal 3). “The provinces and terrioties of Canada may enact quasi- criminal offences and laws in other subject areas” (Animal 2). Most people do not report animal cruelty because they either don’t know where to report it or don’t think its something important to report. If you ever witness animal abuse you should contact the police and give them a brief description of what you saw and where “contact your local law enforcement department.... [tags: animal cruelty and exploitation]
1121 words (3.2 pages)
- In literary works, cruelty often functions as a crucial motivator. In The Things They Carried, acts of cruelty are crucial to the entire theme of the book. There are plenty examples of cruelty throughout this book. The examples include, animal cruelty, mental cruelty, and physical cruelty. The cruelty in The Things They Carried acts as the end product of motivation and it reveals a lot about the past, present, and future of each character involved. Animal cruelty leads to violence against human beings.... [tags: Violence, Abuse, Domestic violence]
1331 words (3.8 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a rising problem in many states and many people don’t realize it. What we can do to help lower the increasing rate of animal abuse is to make punishments stronger and stricter. These punishments should not just be a slap on the wrist and someone saying “that’s not right”, that just shows them you don’t care. Together we may be able to make a big difference and stop animal cruelty. Together we can make the punishments stronger. Most people who have accused of animal cruelty only get charged with a minor misdemeanor.... [tags: misdemeanor, punishment, abuse]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- How many horror stories have you heard about abuse. How many times did you think it was okay. How many times have you heard that it leads to more violent crimes. How many times have you heard of someone that did not get in trouble for it. These are the things that we should all be thinking about every day. Animals have no way to voice their own opinion and pain, so we must speak for them. There are endless forms of animal cruelty. Cruelty and abuse come in forms of pet neglecting, torture, animal testing, dog fighting, mental abuse, physical abuse, farm factoring, ect… Many people believe that animals do not feel pain, and do not deserve the same rights as human beings, but is that right.... [tags: pet neglecting and abuse]
1050 words (3 pages)
- Introduction. Animal cruelty has always been happening. Since ancient times, people didn't have the culture of taking care of animals and still today that we have the knowledge and every kind of source of information, it is currently happening worldwide. This is a very unfortunate situation, because just as we do, they also feel pain; sadly a lot of people do not understand the fact, or they just don't care. I became a vegetarian after realizing that animals feel afraid, cold, hungry and unhappy like we do.... [tags: animal rights and exploitation]
679 words (1.9 pages)
- I Had The Privilege Of Interviewing Kelley Irvin A Teacher And Curriculum Resource Manager
- The Success Of An Advanced Practice Nurse
- Space Exploration : An Odyssey
- A New Common Sense : The Complex Networks Of Academia, Ngos, And Policy Forums
- Hunting Is A Controversial Topic
- Teaching : Teaching And Learning