... middle of paper ...
...ganization does not just help animals, but they also help humans by creating fresh water carts. ASPCA also does spaying and neutering services for a reasonable price to prevent pet overpopulating. The ASPCA organization was the first corporation to have the rights to make any arrest towards animal cruelty. The society currently provides community and national leadership in: “Caring for pet parents and pets, providing positive outcomes for at-risk animals, and serving victims of animal cruelty” (ASPCA Programs and Services, 2013). ASPCA has worked with a lot of large brand sponsors like; Clorox, Fresh Step cat litter brand, Lowe’s, and Subaru. In conclusion, the best way for someone to help prevent animal abuse is to report it immediately when it is seen. Additionally, there are apps to help people report animal cruelty, these apps are ALDF LiveSafe and ICE BlackBox.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Animal cruelty is a continuing problem that grows each and every day. According to the United States Humane Society, animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply to the failure to take care of an animal. Cruelty does not just pertain to physical abuse; neglect is also a form of abuse. Animal neglect is not giving an animal necessary food, water, shelter, or vet care. To improve treatment and reduce the amount of abuse and neglect cases for animals is to enforce all cases to become a felony offense.... [tags: Abuse, Suffering, Child abuse, Cruelty to animals]
1533 words (4.4 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a rising problem in many states and many people don’t realize it. What we can do to help lower the increasing rate of animal abuse is to make punishments stronger and stricter. These punishments should not just be a slap on the wrist and someone saying “that’s not right”, that just shows them you don’t care. Together we may be able to make a big difference and stop animal cruelty. Together we can make the punishments stronger. Most people who have accused of animal cruelty only get charged with a minor misdemeanor.... [tags: misdemeanor, punishment, abuse]
624 words (1.8 pages)
- ... Even in captivity they take the baby whales after a year or two away from their mothers and will never see them again. Seaworld is the most well known an aquatic corporation. Many tourists go there every year thinking that the whales are living a wonderful life.All of the male Orcas in captivity have dorsal collapse which is a sign of depression. In the wild less than 1% of all Orcas have this. Seaworld is in controversy because the truth is slowly coming out which they have been hiding all along.... [tags: conditions, abuse, care]
1178 words (3.4 pages)
- Information about the topic. Animal abuse. Cruelty to animals, also called animal abuse or animal neglect, is the human infliction of suffering or harm upon non-human animals, for purposes other than self-defense or survival. More narrowly, it can be harm for specific gain, such as killing animals for food or for their fur, although opinions differ with respect to the method of slaughter. Types of animal cruelty. Domestic cruelty: Leave your pet in the outside (suffering from cold, sun and rain) Do not leaving them food (forget them at least once a day to eat) Do not leaving them water (no check at least once a day if you have fresh, clean water) Neglect their health (not taking them to the... [tags: Cruelty Types, Animal Rights]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Animal cruelty is a rapidly growing nationwide problem. Animals are being battered and starved everyday. There are many forms of animal cruelty; some forms are scientific research, abandonment, and mistreatment. What many people believe is that most of these cases are done by animal owners is utterly untrue. Massive corporations like McDonalds and KFC’s have slaughterhouses in which they slaughter up to 4 million animals, per factory per day. They also use equipment that cause prolonged periods of suffering to animals, these corporations are also in total denial when confronted, this is absolutely shocking.... [tags: Animal cruelty, Animals, Corporations, ]
415 words (1.2 pages)
- It is so easy to become complacent in our sheltered world and to turn the other cheek to the violence and misery that our every life decision can perpetrate, and that the majority of the country (mostly unknowingly) buys into. The fact is that if the horrors of the meat industry were common knowledge, the business would decrease, and drastically at that. So, to keep the knowledge from becoming widespread, meat and animal factory farms are content to work quietly and discreetly in the sparsely-populated back corners of the country where no one can see what is being done without making an active effort.... [tags: Animal Cruelty ]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- For one to completely understand animal cruelty one must know how animal cruelty is categorized. Animal cruelty was first categorized as a symptom of conduct disorder by the American Psychiatric Association in 1987 (McPhedran; 2008). Conduct disorder is defined as “a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in which the basic rights of others are major age appropriate societal norms or rules are violated” (American Psychiatric Association; 1994 as cited as McPhedran; 2008). To be diagnosed with conduct disorder, a person must have at least 3 of the 15 symptoms of the disorder presented.... [tags: Animal Rights]
1489 words (4.3 pages)
- Animal cruelty has always been a hot topic for animal lovers all over the world. There are many organizations to try and end the cruelty of these innocent animals. It’s sad to think an individual would think treating an animal aggressively is an acceptable behavior. If a human is accused of animal abuse, then there should be serious consequences due to their wrongdoing. Animals need to be respected in the same manner as humans. There are many ways that could be considered animal abuse. A human physically harming the helpless animal, puppy mills, hoarding animals, cruel animal factories and many more are all considered animal cruelty.... [tags: animal abuse, puppy mill, animal cruelty]
1040 words (3 pages)
- What is animal cruelty. This concept is the mental or physical pain which is inflicted upon animals, mostly by humans ("What is Animal Cruelty - Ontario SPCA" n.d.). This pain can be inflicted in two form including neglect or intentional harm. Neglect is when adequate and basic amenities are not met by pert owners and harm is when the owner is fully aware of the harm they are causing to the animals ("What is Animal Cruelty - Ontario SPCA" n.d.). Surprisingly, this cruelty is even present in North America and more and more cases of animal abuse are being discovered.... [tags: Domestic violence, Abuse, Violence]
1149 words (3.3 pages)
- Cats and dogs are fun to play with and fun to be around. However, some people go for snakes, birds, or rodents; most people usually prefer a four-legged animal like a cat or dog. Dogs and cats share seldom similarities, but they 're totally different. They have different attitudes, habits, and needs. Wanting love, loyalty, and protection, a dog is a choice. Cats, on the other hand, don 't need attention nor love. Sometimes do we take advantage of our animals because of their size and vulnerability.... [tags: Abuse, Suffering, Child abuse, Physical abuse]
833 words (2.4 pages)
- The International View Of The Australian Lifestyle
- Thomas Hobbes ' Theory Of Social Contract Theory
- Was The Second Class Citizens?
- Purchase Of The State Of Panama
- Punished : Policing The Lives Of Black And Latino Boys By Victor M. Rios
- Aspirations And Greatness : F. Scott Fitzgerald 's ' The Great Gatsby '