For many years, animals have been wonderful additions to families around the world and have changed the lives of people in many ways. They are usually welcomed and loved immediately. That isn’t always the case though. Sometimes there are various people who start punishing their pets for anything that happens to themselves. The main reason for why people hurt animals is because they don 't often think about what they are doing.
Sometimes it may not be intentional, but the damage can be a very bad impact on the animal. Animal cruelty is a very big problem in the world. Millions of animals die everyday because of the abusive behavior directed towards them. No matter how small the problem may be, animals lives are put to risk daily by careless and abusive people.
One of the main reasons for cruelty towards an animal is unintentional neglect. People bring home pets thinking that they will basically take care of themselves. This is not true. ( PETA). People don’t think it counts as abusing an animal, but it does. When owners don 't take their pets out on walks, don 't feed them enough. Even just don 't give the pet enough space and attention, it is considered to cruel towards the animal. The pet can become unhappy in the conditions it is living in. It can cause a dramatic impact on the pet’s health and behavior. Many times pet owners are too busy and fail to realize their pet requires more attention. They never care for their needs and the pet will feel start to feel neglected and could become depressed or aggressive.
Another form of animal cruelty is intentional abuse. It is the worst kind of abuse for an animal. This is when people purposely hurt their pet or any animal by hitting, kicking, or torturing them in any wa...
... middle of paper ...
... People should always take precaution when they see or buy an animal. Giving any type of animal enough care, will train the animal to be kind and obedient. That way animals wont be taken to pounds to be locked up for a long time and then killed for being defensive. Pets are usually not aggressive by choice and will be gentle if taught to be.
Overall, the best way to deal with a situation like this is to always look out for the health and well being of an animal. No matter if they are a pet or just a an animal you see. Pets are adopted into homes to be loved and treated well. Not to be brutally hurt by people who don’t know how to act maturely and kindly. Usually the aggressiveness of a pet starts with the owners actions towards it. How they care for an animal is all determined on how they act towards the pet. What a person gives is what they will receive in return.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- It is so easy to become complacent in our sheltered world and to turn the other cheek to the violence and misery that our every life decision can perpetrate, and that the majority of the country (mostly unknowingly) buys into. The fact is that if the horrors of the meat industry were common knowledge, the business would decrease, and drastically at that. So, to keep the knowledge from becoming widespread, meat and animal factory farms are content to work quietly and discreetly in the sparsely-populated back corners of the country where no one can see what is being done without making an active effort.... [tags: Animal Cruelty ]
995 words (2.8 pages)
- Seeing maimed animals are not pleasant images. Those images sometimes appear across computer and television screens. The advocacy groups who place these images in the public’s view are trying to jolt people into the realization that abuse exists. For every ten seconds that goes by an animal is getting abused (“Animal… Statistics”). One statistic states that “71% of pet-owning women entering women’s shelters reported that their batterer had injured, maimed, killed or threatened family pets for revenge or to psychologically control victims; 32% reported their children had hurt or killed animals” (“Animal… Violence”).... [tags: Abuse, Cruelty to animals, Animal cruelty, Dog]
1130 words (3.2 pages)
- "Life is life 's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life 's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest" (Animal Welfare Quotes, 1). This quote is attributed to Lloyd Biggle Jr. Animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply the failure to take care of an animal. Either way, whether the animal is a domesticated pet, a farm animal, or wildlife, the victim can suffer terribly.... [tags: Animal testing, Animal rights]
1188 words (3.4 pages)
- In the 1970s the question of animal rights became a major social issue that more people started to take notice and action in. This discovery of the cruelty these animals go through, lead animal cruelty to become a serious issue in our world today. To understand how animals could be treated so unjustly one would need to know that many believed that animals could not feel pain. However, animals can feel pain just like humans can and using them for experimentation causes them extreme pain. “Each year, more than 100 million animals are killed in the U.S.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal welfare, Killer whale]
2052 words (5.9 pages)
- Animal Testing is Animal Cruelty We, as humans, have made numerous advancements in the world. We have firmly established the scientific evolution, but in doing so, it seems that our ethics and morals have failed to progress as well. The knowledge we have acquired is remarkable, but with it comes responsibility to use it wisely and ethically. We torture and heartlessly kill creatures that we arrogantly consider lesser beings simply at our disposal. For something as simple as eye makeup animals are tortured and blinded by tests performed at the laboratory.... [tags: Animal Testing]
5528 words (15.8 pages)
- ... Animals are very different from humans and react differently. "All drugs that have been pulled off the market because they caused severe illness or death in human patients were previously tested on other animals."(Problems With Animal Experimentations) Certain medicines have certain effects on animals but not humans, or medicines can have no effect on animals but have a strong effect on humans. For example, morphine calms humans, excites cats, penicillin kills guinea pigs and hamsters, and cortisone causes birth defects in mice but not humans.... [tags: scientific research, opponents of animal testing]
1021 words (2.9 pages)
- Animal testing for human safety is inhumane and must be banned. Beloved house pets such as rodents, rabbits and even dogs are being tested on all over the world. These powerless and voiceless animals are intentionally given dreadful diseases to find cures while scientists could be finding alternative ways of testing instead of using our furry friends. Furthermore, the tests are not precise because there have been products found to cause cancer in animals but also cures human ailments. Why are humans authorised to conduct such inhumane things, who gave humans the power of heartlessly torturing feeble animals.... [tags: Negative Effects of Animal Testing]
663 words (1.9 pages)
- Animal Experimentation Maddie Austin Animals today are not only loved as pets, or living freely in the wild, but being tortured to death in labs. Animal testing has caused humans to take away many animals freedom of life. Animal experimentation is the procedures, testing, and research done on living animals.(Human Society) This is done to see the results,effects, and outcomes a product. For example, experimentation effects of medicinal products or cosmetics. Companies do this to know if what they are testing is safe for humans.... [tags: Animal rights, Animal testing]
1595 words (4.6 pages)
- Livestock are being engineered to produce more milk and have higher meat to fat ratio. This is not just affecting humans but animals too. From what my Dad said while working on the farm during his day, injecting the cows would often lead to infections particularly the udder. Some say the abuse to animals or the interfering of their natural lives is sickening just to produce more in less time. Many people are against GMO’s, therefore supporting GMO labeling simply for the fact of animal cruelty. Instead of relying on large companies like Monsanto the company that owns, small farmers need to be the main producers along with promoting local business.... [tags: Genetically modified food]
721 words (2.1 pages)
- Animal Cruelty The topic of animal cruelty is one of great importance to the wold today. Why we humans have the right reserved to treat animals as lesser individuals is beyond me. Animals are fulfilling their part in the ecosystems and communities of the earth, and to the best extent that they are able. For example, a spider is being the best possible spider that it can be, spinning webs and working diligently at what it knows best, not bothering any creatures of the earth besides the ones which it needs to capture for food.... [tags: essays research papers fc]
1087 words (3.1 pages)