Animal cruelty has always been happening. Since ancient times, people didn't have the culture of taking care of animals and still today that we have the knowledge and every kind of source of information, it is currently happening worldwide. This is a very unfortunate situation, because just as we do, they also feel pain; sadly a lot of people do not understand the fact, or they just don't care.
I became a vegetarian after realizing that animals feel afraid, cold, hungry and unhappy like we do. I feel very deeply about vegetarianism and the animal kingdom. It was my dog Boycott who led me to question the right of humans to eat other sentient beings (Chavez, 1999).
Clearly, I'm not the only one against animal abuse; there's many people fighting to end this awful thing, we need, in a special way, to work twice as hard to help people understand that the animals are fellow creatures, that we must protect them and love them as we love ourselves (Montero, 2000).
As Ghandi once said “The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” (Gandhi, 1937). A person or a whole nation can be defined by the way they treat animals, their whole personality can be judged by the simple fact of mistreating an animal, they don't get that they are just like us emotionally speaking. They also feel! I'd like to make people change their minds about animals and make them start loving them just as they love their family members or friends. Humanity's true moral test, its fundamental test…consists of its attitude towards those who are at its mercy: animals (Kundera, 2002).
How would you feel if they mistreated you, hit you, kicked you, and mad...
... middle of paper ...
...d defeat abusers for good. Animals will always thank us, and it will feel good to know that we did something for our planet, and for the ones who need us the most. Animals have the same right to live freely. Don´t let people make it seem like it is something normal and something that should be accepted by the society. We need to do something before it is too late.
We cut the throat of a calf and hang it up by the heels to bleed to death so that our veal cutlet may be white; we nail geese to a board and cram them with food because we like the taste of liver disease; we tear birds to pieces to decorate our women's hats; we mutilate domestic animals for no reason at all except to follow an instinctively cruel fashion; and we connive at the most abominable tortures in the hope of discovering some magical cure for our own diseases by them. (Shaw, Man and Superman, 1999).
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Over the centuries, animals have suffered from cruelty from humans. In the United States, animals are beaten, neglected, or forced to struggle for survival. Animals have been inflicted with pain from humans for reasons other than self-defense. They have been slaughtered for their food and fur for personal gain in profit. In a majority of cases they have even been abused for someone’s own personal amusement or out of rage filled impulses. In some cases animals are found and rescued. They are given the second chance in life to experience what life should be like compared to what they once had.... [tags: Animal Abuse, Child Abuse]
1675 words (4.8 pages)
- Animal Abuse You turn on the TV to watch the news, and you hear about a teenage girl throwing newborn puppies into a river. You think in your mind, how sad and cruel that is and hope she is never allowed to own any pets again in her life. But, you don’t really think about it as your day goes on. Little do you know that people who commit animal abuse only get 5 years of not being able to own a pet. 95% of people don’t want to see animal abuse and wouldn’t want the abuser to have another pet again.... [tags: psychopathologies, torture, unintentional]
909 words (2.6 pages)
- Animal cruelty has always been a hot topic for animal lovers all over the world. There are many organizations to try and end the cruelty of these innocent animals. It’s sad to think an individual would think treating an animal aggressively is an acceptable behavior. If a human is accused of animal abuse, then there should be serious consequences due to their wrongdoing. Animals need to be respected in the same manner as humans. There are many ways that could be considered animal abuse. A human physically harming the helpless animal, puppy mills, hoarding animals, cruel animal factories and many more are all considered animal cruelty.... [tags: animal abuse, puppy mill, animal cruelty]
1040 words (3 pages)
- Animal cruelty can be either deliberate abuse or simply the failure to take care of an animal. Harm is defined as the reduction of the capacity to have and fulfil desires. These words pay a high price when it comes to animal abuse. This abuse is committed by many types of people that if they feel they can abuse an animal their concept of the word beast is strayed. This word beast has been formulated and reformulated countless amounts of times, but no matter how many times it is redefined it has still not been perfected to the point of not implying an angelic right of tormenting men (BBC).... [tags: Seaworld, Experiments, Dogs]
1455 words (4.2 pages)
- ... Abandonment is the leading form of animal cruelty. (See illustration.) “It is quite clear that in abusing animals we abuse our relationship with animals, and that we abuse ourselves. We become less human to the extent that we treat any living beings as things” (R.D. Laing). There is a very evident connection between animal cruelty and cruelty to other humans. In studies conducted between 1983 and 2004, 60% of children who met the criteria for child abuse/neglect had families that were cruel to their pets.... [tags: common world issue, need for reduction]
1137 words (3.2 pages)
- In years of humanity's existence, the role of the animals can be considered as one of the factors that have greatly shaped human culture. The contribution of the animals to society is of much importance as it has generously benefited the people since the distant past. Animals have always been a source of food, clothing, and subservient workforce for humankind. These animals have also taken part in the religious customs, either for religious sacrifices or worshiping, done way back the earliest times.... [tags: essays research papers]
5086 words (14.5 pages)
- Today's world population has advanced this far due to the help of animal testing in various kinds of areas. Yet, some people disagree with animal testing and stand against it. Protestors call animal testing a animal cruelty, which is not similar to the least point. During 1940s and 50s Polio spread around North America killing many and giving great fear to the citizen. Even President Franklin Delano Roosevelt suffered from polio, which led him to become cripple. This chaos was saved with animal testing and it eradicated polio saving many lives.... [tags: animal cruelty and abuse]
790 words (2.3 pages)
- Animal Testing- Is it Right or Wrong. Everyday, people all around the world use facial products, receive vaccinations and take antibiotics or medications that have been previously tested on animals. Rarely people think about whether or not animals have been tortured to use the products that they are using, but simply only think of themselves and their own well-being. “An estimated 26 million animals are used each year in the United States for scientific and commercial testing” (ProCon.org). Innocent creatures are taken advantage of, for the sake of human health.... [tags: animal cruelty and abuse]
1377 words (3.9 pages)
- Another Look at Animal Testing When it comes to animal testing, one of the first thing most people think of, is that animals are used simply for bettering and improving cosmetics. Many would argue that using helpless animals for tests without a huge benefit to society is not fair, and their innocent lives are worth more. However, animal testing is actually crucial and beneficial for society. Animal testing may be cruel, nevertheless the animals allow the medical practices to advance, the military to attain knowledge and the population of both human and animal is not effected in anyway therefore, animal research should continue.... [tags: animal cruelty, exploitation and abuse]
1142 words (3.3 pages)
- It was starting to rain again, my matted fur saturated with wet mud still dripping, and the rain had hardly stopped for an hour. The icy winds manipulated the rain and with a piercing sting each drop brought a pain far beyond discomfort that could not be evaded. I had been confined to a three foot radius by a heavy metal chain, a mound of my own urine and feces accumulated from what seemed like an eternity, this was my bed, my bathroom, and if I was permitted, it was also my food bowl. Sleeping was not feasible, however, my reality was in fact a nightmare, so I pretended to wake up.... [tags: Animal Cruelty, Animal Abuse]
1332 words (3.8 pages)