... middle of paper ...
...Bro and sis we must develop an attitude of prayer. We must be praying people.
Saints we are in the last days, we were encouraged to evangelised, be light to this dark world. Sometimes our lives are the only Bible that some people will ever read. I just mentioned the basics for a cell phone to work are a good battery, a charger and a power supply. I can also say the basic requirement to drive in SVG includes passing the test administered by the traffic department and be over the age of sixteen. Now, I will ask: What do we want the world to say when they talk about the basics of our lifestyle. I say let them see and come to know a replica of the spirit of the early church: a people that knows and teach God’s word, a people with sweet fellowship that is known by their love and a people that prays. I would like those basic principles to reign in my life, what about you?
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Prayer Prayer is another extremely important discipline for believers to practice. When explaining prayer one must first understand what prayer is. An anonymous author in an article known as the Quiver wrote the following statement about what prayer is: “Prayer is the application of want to Him who alone can relieve it. Prayer is the voice of a sinner to Him alone can pardon sin. Prayer is poverty pleading, humility worshipping, penitence confessing, and truth trusting. Prayer is no eloquence, but earnestness.... [tags: Old Testament, New Testament, Prayer, Spirituality]
1313 words (3.8 pages)
- Effectual and Availing Prayers Prayer is one of the most wonderful privileges afforded the Christian, for it is the Christian’s means of a direct connection with God. When the electric power fails, we are almost helpless. Some have spent thousands of dollars just to insure against power failures in their homes and places of business; yet, electrical power does not compare to the Spiritual power that is ours simply for the asking. God hears and answers prayers; therefore, we have “an ever present help in time of trouble.” James taught that we could have blessings from God that we do not have because we do not ask.... [tags: Lord's Prayer, Jesus, New Testament, Prayer]
1070 words (3.1 pages)
- Ephesians 3:14-21 introduces a minute of delicacy, in which the author talks straightforwardly to his readers about his nurture them. He talks about his supplication to God for his readers, which he does on curved knee. The passage starts sharply with the expression: “for this reason.” It alludes to what has been said in the past sections in regards to Paul 's service. The Spirit had depended Paul, in the same way as different witnesses, with disclosure. Particularly, it had been uncovered to him that Gentiles, who get the gospel in confidence, are individual beneficiaries of the guarantees of God.... [tags: New Testament, Jesus, Love, Prayer]
989 words (2.8 pages)
- Introduction Hope is there when you need it the most and when you pray about it good things will happen. Often people give up on prayer. I think we all need a National Prayer Day we all need days of prayer, hearts that are continually shaped and changed by prayer, lives that are loving and bold because of prayer, a nation that comes back to our God with a spirit of prayer that is continually asking for His grace and healing. Sometimes it’s hard to know where to begin or how to pray. We just know we have a deep ache in our hearts that cries out for God’s mercy, and a longing to see him heal our land.... [tags: New Testament, God, Religion, Bible]
1030 words (2.9 pages)
- “Do Not Quit!” Our first commandment is to: Love God with all our heart, mind, and soul. (Matthew 22:37) Our primary ministry is our family. I have contemplated these words. I gave my life to Jesus Christ at the age of five, and became a Bond Servant at the age of twenty. My commitment to follow after Christ, regardless of the cost has never changed. However, I must say my journey as a Christian has not been the way I had it all planned in my head. Proverbs 16:9, “A man’s mind plans his way [as he journeys through life], But the Lord directs his steps and establishes them.” (AMP) In the spring of 2016, I was prayed for by an elder at a Tuesday night meeting.... [tags: Jesus, New Testament, God, Lord's Prayer]
799 words (2.3 pages)
- D. A. Carson’s Praying with Paul: a Call to Reformation is a fantastic read. Each chapter in this book addresses a different theological aspect of prayer through a prayer of Paul’s found in the New Testament. Some of the topics primarily reveal an aspect of God’s nature and the response desired of us. Others focus on practical implications for our prayer lives. The first chapter falls under the second category. Before turning to the ultimate authority on prayer, the Bible, Carson dedicates a chapter to the wisdom that has been given to him on the subject by other believers.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Meditation]
1558 words (4.5 pages)
- I will be discussing about hope and prayer and the definitions, application of both to our lives, and how we need both hope and prayer in our lives. When we read scripture, it talks about how that hope itself is missing from that of a prayer life. God wants us to cling to the cross and to Him through prayer, but if we are praying fervently for something then trust follows with that of faith and hope. I know for some people praying isn’t a priority, they may be fearful, or not believe that God will answer their prayers.... [tags: Religion, God, Spirituality, New Testament]
1166 words (3.3 pages)
- 64. What is ‘SCIENTIFIC PRAYER’, How to Distinguish It from ‘Infantile’ USELESS PRAYER. • Within complex process of healthy ‘upbringing’ in interaction with parallel parenthood development, and in a child intercourse with its mom or parents many desires pop up which parents must not and cannot satisfy from variety of reasons. In similar fashion, in terrestrial man 's consciousness may appear many "prayers" or desires which Providence, by all means, cannot and won’t grant. No doubt, there is great deal of experience in the ‘school of life’ needed in order to distinguish between false and true or natural desires.... [tags: Prayer, Lord's Prayer, Amen, Universe]
2183 words (6.2 pages)
- Confessions of a Prayer Wimp Prayer used to be something I turned to when things went wrong or someone asked me to pray for them. I believe that God knows what is going to happen in our lives, so really, what is the purpose of prayer if the answer has been predetermined. Now I know that through prayer, we form a relationship with God. This relationship means we aren’t out there on our own, left to figure things out for ourselves, to deal with the troubles of life alone. We also thank God in our prayers, for all He has done for us and all He provides.... [tags: Prayer, Spirituality, Religion, Meditation]
731 words (2.1 pages)
- After praying for a lengthy time, I began to feel revived and refreshed. The Lord had removed the burden from my heart and replaced it with a heart of peace. I walked over to my bed, and realized immediately, that I had not even made my bed this morning. I got everything cleaned up and put in order in my cabin. As I was finishing my cleaning, I heard a knock at the door. Up to this point, my door had been locked from the outside. I had no control over the lock, and now someone was knocking on the door waiting for me to give them an entrance.... [tags: Prayer]
1687 words (4.8 pages)