As the table of total gain shows, the total happiness from stakeholders within the ‘Only refer Modoxolin’ decision significantly exceeds that of ‘Provide all information’. Therefore, more happiness will be achieved from Ming choosing to only suggest Modoxolin. According to Utilitarianism, it would be ethical for Ming to only refer customers to Modoxolin, as it provides the greatest amount of happiness.
Ming’s dilemma is heavily influenced by the consequences of each decision, be it omitting key information from struggling customers or, if he chooses to provide information, losing his job and ability to provide for his struggling household. However Kantian ethics is a deontological framework, meaning it considers the morality of an action independent of these cons...
... middle of paper ...
...age 2 of Kohlberg’s Theory of Moral Development when I resolved my ethical dilemma. My primary focus was to minimize my risk of termination through following the rules, but I felt a trainee who’s only mistake was not asking for guidance should not lose his ability to progress within the company.
I was in Stage 2 as I felt I achieved an equal exchange that was the ‘right decision’, If I had chosen to strictly follow the rules and report the trainee for his mistake, I would be displaying Stage 1 behaviour, pure obedience to authority. If I had been in Stage 3, presenting stereotypical “good” behaviour, I’d have taken the responsibility for the mistake myself, instead of shifting the blame to the last employee in the outlet. As a result of this, I believe my ethical resolution to the problem was fitting of someone in Stage 2 of Kohlberg’s Theory of Moral Development.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Pharmacy A career I have learned a lot about over the years and have become fascinated with is pharmacy. I chose pharmacy because I find it interesting and a job that helps a lot of people. My aunt has been a pharmacist for many years and has left a positive impact on many peoples lives. Moreover, my sister is completing her last year of pharmacy school and will officially be a pharmacist in May. However, my great uncle has played a huge role in the development of pharmacy and has received many awards because of it.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacology]
1475 words (4.2 pages)
- As a student in SDSU’s pharmacy program one of the activities required to prepare us for real world pharmacy practice would be to shadow a staff pharmacist at the Jackrabbits pharmacy on the SDSU campus. I have had previous work experience in a community pharmacy and there are some unique features which makes Jackrabbits pharmacy stick out. Due to the Jackrabbits pharmacy small size it poses unique confidentiality issues. The whole pharmacy is about the size of a small class room which means that personal health information could be easily overheard.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacology, Pharmacist]
714 words (2 pages)
- I realize how crucial the dispensation of drugs is because I saw a death of a young boy by taking wrong medication couples years ago. Therefore, I applied for a career in pharmacy to understand more about the dispensing process. Amazingly, I was offered a pharmacy technician position at CVS pharmacy. My life has become more interesting and challenging from that day. Being a pharmacy technician, I have had an opportunity to work with pharmacists in order to understand how to be a pharmacist.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Clinical pharmacy]
720 words (2.1 pages)
- As a seasoned Certified Pharmacy Technician with thirty six years of retail pharmacy experience and with some hospital pharmacy experience, nationally certified in IV preparation, I have acquired excellent knowledge and skills in the areas of community dispensing and pharmacy communications and operations. I have also gained excellent knowledge of prescription drugs, home health care and non-prescription products. I also possess over thirty years of experience in the customer service field, and possess an awareness and sensitivity to the cross-cultural communications requirements needed to meet the needs of a diverse clientele.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
910 words (2.6 pages)
- As I have grown up and experienced college, I have encountered numerous people and fellow students aspired to become engineers and doctors, all eager to become esteemed members of the community because of the status such careers bring. I, however, have always been drawn to the career path of pharmacy and becoming a contributing member of my community in that particular outlet. A pharmacy is in many ways a pillar of a community’s overall health and wellbeing as well as a valuable resource for medical and insurance related information.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist]
795 words (2.3 pages)
- Many different factors were taken into consideration when I was deciding which pharmacy program I should strive to attend. These factors included, most importantly, the quality of education that the program would provide, as well as the cost of attendance and housing and location. In order for me to achieve my goal of becoming an exceptional pharmacist and an integral member of the healthcare team, the Doctor of Pharmacy program that I attend should provide me with a quality education and challenge me to develop more than just the essential qualities of a pharmacist in order to prepare me for my future career.... [tags: Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, Health care]
1004 words (2.9 pages)
- ECVS is a retail pharmacy that recognizes that compounding is an essential part of our pharmacy. We ensure that all our customers understand that compounding vitamins are made from individual ingredients that are mixed together in the exact strength and dosage that is required by the patient. This method allows the compounding pharmacist to work with the patient and the physician to customize a supplement to meet the customer’s specific needs” (Julie English, 2013). ECVS is brick and mortar as well as an online business.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Compounding, Customer]
709 words (2 pages)
- I attend Boone Career and Technical Center, with a concentration in pharmacy. Pharmacy is a branch of medicine dealing with drugs and medications and their effects on the human body. My program at BCTC gave me the opportunity to participate in a clinical internship, which exposes me to many more opportunities and valuable information. I am currently enrolled in the PassAssured pharmacy technician program, and before I could start my internship I had to educate myself of the basic pharmacy operations.... [tags: Pharmacy, Pharmacist, Pharmacy technician]
1381 words (3.9 pages)
- Tools for Hospital Pharmacy Process Improvement (Graphics not availalbe) Abstract With increasing operation costs, patient safety awareness, and a shortage of trained personnel, it is becoming increasingly important for hospital pharmacy management to make good operational decisions. In the case of hospital inpatient pharmacies, making decisions about staffing and work flow is difficult due to the complexity of the systems used and the variation in the orders to be filled.... [tags: Pharmacy]
1934 words (5.5 pages)
- Pharmacy Technicians Despite popular belief, pharmacy technicians are more than laborers; they are specially trained individuals. Imagine a family member is admitted to the University of South Alabama Hospital with an acute case of pneumonia, which will require oral and intravenous medications. These medications must be precisely prepared and properly delivered. The common perception is that pharmacists prepare medications and technicians simply deliver them. This view of their job is both accurate and inaccurate.... [tags: Pharmacist Pharmacy Essays Papers]
996 words (2.8 pages)