As I grew older, my condition was something that became more of an interest, and I began listening more actively at doctor 's visits. I started to be more in control of my body as I became more aware about what was going on. I was curious about the health field, yet I did my best to avoid situations which would cause me discomfort and land me in a medical environment. While I have experienced some excellent care, I have also been in medical environments that are not so pristine. These lacks of quality that I have ...
... middle of paper ...
...d by a single mother that worked herself to the bone to give me everything I needed. Some were born with a silver spoon in their mouth, I was not. Every single advancement or achievement you hope to reach, you must work for. Being a minority growing up in today’s society, I have realized that I have to work 4 times as hard to get half of the amount of credit as others, and I will put forth the effort if that’s what it takes to reach the top. Through my struggles over the years, I have learned many essential skills that serve as fire to my fuel. Because I know what it feels like to be at the bottom, I can and will do whatever it takes to get to the top. I will do anything it takes to make a better future for me, my family, and the generations to come. I am ready for whatever obstacles may try to stand in my way with my best face forward, and readiness to achieve.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- Beastly Challenges of the Nursing Field Healthcare is a very demanding industry that requires people who are willing to conquer the various challenges that are expected to come along with it. However, despite the difficulties, the “healthcare industry is projected to add more jobs than any other industry between 2012 and 2022” (Torpey 1). Healthcare will continue to rise during a recession because there is always a need for health facilities. On the surface, this career field seems very appealing to the average college student who is trying to find security in a steady job.... [tags: Health care, Health care provider, Medicine]
1026 words (2.9 pages)
- Humanity presents individuals with extraordinary gifts as well as weaknesses. Growing up I realized this notion as I gave insulin shots to my younger brother and reminded him to check his blood consistently throughout the day. I was determined to fight this battle with him through researching alternative medicine options and attending his doctor’s appointments. This life experience enlightened me on my compassion for individuals with health issues and my passion for management and prevention of chronic diseases.... [tags: Nurse practitioner, Registered nurse]
1000 words (2.9 pages)
- ... Their illness makes them distanced from the society. The physician is the only person who can bridge this gap. Communication, sharing life's experiences, making new friends, keeps them cheerful and energetic which definitely helps in their recovery. I have personally experienced this and therefore make it a point to always spend some extra time with the aged patients. It gives me a great deal of satisfaction and happiness. With current medical care, the life expectancy is increased and will pose more challenges in caring for elderly, as their population will grow exponentially in coming years and there will be an urgent need for well trained physicians in field of geriatrics.... [tags: elder, medical, patients]
514 words (1.5 pages)
- Most kids always dream that one day, they will become a doctor. As they grow older, however, they realize exactly how much hard work is put into the job. The life of a surgeon is not easy, as it requires patience and dedication every single day. From standing on their feet for twelve or more hours at a time to the inconsistent sleep schedule, being a surgeon can be taxing in every aspect of life. However, surgeons gain the opportunity to help people from all over the country and make an impact in the medical world.... [tags: doctors, surgeon, medical field]
1407 words (4 pages)
- ... This, according to the study, has been considered as a great contributor to various errors and the states that impose a compulsory overtime system for their staff in order to make up for lack of enough manpower end up straining these workers even more (Jennings, 2007). Nursing as a practice has a great toll on the body no matter the number of hours that these individuals work in the field. The work involves walking up and down, movement of patients to various sections of the hospitals or having to stand while dealing with the family members of different patients and all these contribute to muscle strain.... [tags: movement of patients, healthcare]
1412 words (4 pages)
- There are many unique reasons underlying a person’s decision to select the field of medicine; I reasoned that I should entered the field of medicine because I have the intelligence to do so, biology and the human body have always interested me, and my family has experienced various health concerns which have driven me to be determined to succeed as a doctor. At the age of 13, my mother was diagnosed with Primary Lateral Sclerosis (PLS), which was later diagnosed as evolving into Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) when I was age 15.... [tags: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, Medicine]
809 words (2.3 pages)
- Stereotypes have been around forever: the preconceived belief about a type of person or group. Stereotypes can remark on different races or cultures like Polish people or African American people. For example, stereotypes may say Americans are lazy obese, or unintelligent. There are also many stereotypes about genders. For example, women are weaker than men or women like to cook more than men or they are better caretakers. This discussion addresses major controversial stereotypes within medical schools and health institutions across America.... [tags: Medicine, Education, Gender]
1734 words (5 pages)
- Pediatrics is a field that combines my two primary interests: children and academics. The pediatrician has a critical role in the life and healthy development of a child and is a person on whom the parents heavily rely on. Children have always played a role in my life, in both work and social interactions, and I cherish each and every moment I spend with a young person—you always learn something new and are often pleasantly surprised by how insightful children can be. My time spent helping in the pediatric department in a hospital and shadowing a pediatrician greatly influenced me to pursue a career as a pediatric.... [tags: pediatrics, communication, education]
540 words (1.5 pages)
- “It may be difficult to find your career path” is what I have been told. However, I can attest to the validity of that statement, as I reflect on my experiences in attempting to reach my destination. I am confronted with countless opportunities every day and as the curious individual I am, I found myself repeatedly asking the infamous question, is this final destination. But is hard to judge what particular experience drives the individual to a definite goal. However, I am one of those candidates who was interested in the medical field since childhood, the question was what profession best suits my personality and skills.... [tags: Medicine, Physician, Health care]
946 words (2.7 pages)
- Here I am on this path to discovery as I start my first semester at MSU, I unknowingly signed up for a very eye opening course while on my journey to figure out who and what I am going to be in life. The ITP program specifically the Holistic Health class has helped me to realize and optimize my journey. I started my journey of discovery in the medical field as a pharmacy compound technician and after 10 years, the perpetual situations just got to me. I kept seeing the same sickness affecting the same people and the same protocol for treatment by the physicians.... [tags: depression, emotional health, healing]
1300 words (3.7 pages)