Ans: Charts are the tools in which a large set of data is summarized in a single picture and its rightly said that, “ A good picture is worth a thousand numbers”.
Charts are the most efficient and simplest way to provide the scattered data. It helps to prepare a single report by using different source. The Charts are used by all from small scale industry to the large ones like education institution, sports, government, business, etc , it’s the most useful and business friendly tool. It is a best way to provide information to top management and also to the consumers. Large Business Company also use charts presentation in order to attract customers by showing their worldwide sales in one glance.
The other place where charts are mostly and commonly used is News Channel and newspaper. Showing comparison and recent activities going around the world becomes much easier by using different kind of charts.
The definition given by Mr. William Pollard that, “Information is a source of learning. But unless it is organized, processed and available to the right people in a format for decision making, it is a burden, not a benefit” shows the value of charts and proves that it is one of the most important tool.
Q.2 Observe the following charts and explain a bit about the chart and indicate what type of data is best presented by these charts?
a) Column Chart:
1. Column Chart compares data across various categories in a vertical format and it displays single items at constant intervals.
2. Values in column charts are indicated by the height of the columns.
3. Column charts are widely used where the values change over the period of time for example yearly, weekly etc.
b) Line ...
... middle of paper ...
...lationship of parts to a whole and it can contain more than one data series.
2. Values are indicated by the size of doughnut segments.
3. Doughnut chart are mainly used when you have more than one data series to plot and it can be also used where none of the data you what to represent is zero or negative.
Q.4 What is the advantage of using exploded Pie charts when dealing with large data?
Ans: Exploding pie chart can enhance the presentation of the data. It helps us to gain additional information of each slice of pie chart when they are all cluttered together in a single pie chart.
Exploding of pie chart is also done if you wish to highlight information of one of the category. It helps us to easily interpret the required data in a single glance. While dealing with large data, it helps us to draw attention to small slices in a pie of pie or bar of pie chart.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- ... There are seven types of screen elements: pivot table field list, report filter area, column labels area, row labels area, values area, layout section, and field section. Several of people may believe there are several of ways to place the data from your list into the PivotTable report but it is only two ways. First, you will have to drag field names from the field section at the top and then drop them into one of the four areas in the layout section at the bottom. A field name in the field section at the top, and excel will place the field in a default location based on the field’s data type.... [tags: data, categoties, analyze, report]
825 words (2.4 pages)
- Graphs are one of the most important tools when it comes to undertaking an assignment or project. Graphs are used to fulfill a job. They are the used for tasks such as, scheduling, planning, organizing and controlling jobs. When employees begin a project the key thing to begin with is creating a graph that will sort out all the different sections and the timeline of the project. There are many different kinds of graphs that are used to help plan different parts of the plan. Graphs such as, Gantt charts, PERT charts and flow charts are the charts that graph the entire process of accomplishing a project.... [tags: projects, flow charts]
1098 words (3.1 pages)
- Something we have discussed in our course over the past few class sessions, is a major debate between typically liberals and conservatives. How do we best explain and correct the major societal issues of today, such as inequality or education. On one side, we have many believing that these issues are caused by social structural factors that create an unequal playing field created by certain institutions and laws within our society. However, this is in direct contrast with what many conservatives see as the root cause of societal programs, and that is they see certain cultural norms within our society which they believe lead to said societal issues.... [tags: education, cultural explanation, social structure]
1391 words (4 pages)
- In Hempel’s essay (1962) he defined the different types of scientific explanations. First he explains the rules of deductive-nomological explanation which are based on particular facts or general laws. This type of explanation explains the occurrence of an ‘explanandum event’ by showing that the event resulted from the particular circumstances in accordance with the laws. Probabilistic explanation also accounts for a given phenomenon by reference to general laws or theoretical principles, but these are of probabilistic-statistical form.... [tags: explanations, psychologist, model]
615 words (1.8 pages)
- RESULTS The researchers analyzed the data using an ANOVA univariate. The dependent variable was gender and the independent variables were images I, II and III The results of the study were analyzed using a univariate data analysis, which measured the dependent variable (gender). Within the sample, there was no significant difference in the performance of males and females in the visual search task. The ANOVA revealed that there was no significant difference in male and female performance for the gender-specific images and neutral image.... [tags: Gender, Male, Female, Sex]
700 words (2 pages)
- In the last decade, the real estate market has been on a roller coaster. One year the market seems to always increase and the next year the price is going in the opposite direction. In more recent years, the market for real estate is on the way up but what exactly is behind this housing recovery. After reading a time’s magazine article, The Great Housing Rebound of 2012: How the Fed Helped Sellers Beat the Odds, it gives us some very big clues as to what is behind the recent housing recovery. In this essay, I would be using one of the most powerful tools for analyzing basic economic data: the supply and demand curve.... [tags: analyzing basic economic data]
817 words (2.3 pages)
- Charts and graphs provide a great deal of visual appeal. It can be used in the classrooms to present data, illustrate important patterns or relationships, and observe changes as data is altered. Reasons to use Charts and Graphs: Provide a visual representation of data; Effectively clarify information; Represents many different types of data; Make important ideas easily recognizable; Allow learners to perceive information quickly. There are a lot of types of charts. Some of them are bar chart, pie chart, line chart, histogram, and etc.... [tags: Visual Representation, Data, Charts, Graphs]
1485 words (4.2 pages)
- When walking into a hospital, nursing home, or physician’s office, electronic devices are used everywhere. The doctors have pagers, drugs are released from an apparatus similar to vending machines, and the patients are connected to intravenous pumps and monitors, while they lay on beds that move with the touch of a button. Everything seems to be electronic, except for patient charts. A new system, called eHealth, was devised that would make these patient charts electronic. The goal for electronic health is to unite all healthcare by making patient records available to all providers in order to improve the quality of care patients receive. eHealth can be adopted into hospitals, physicia... [tags: Health Medical 2014]
1430 words (4.1 pages)
- Pie Charts An important part of decision making is having a clear understanding of the information used to base decisions from. Charts can be valuable when a need to represent numerical data would benefit communicating information visually. Some of the most important aspects of a good chart are to select the right type of chart (or graph) that can best characterize the data, also, to keep the design simple in order for an audience to easily understand the information. One of the most popular types of charts is the pie chart.... [tags: essays research papers]
952 words (2.7 pages)
- Designing, Using and Analyzing an Assessment Procedure For the purpose of this assignment the assessment procedure for the Key Skills course will be looked at and evaluated. The tutor/assessors, who are taking learners through the Key Skills qualifications of Information Technology (IT), Communications and Application of Number work in a single room resource centre, which accommodates all three skills. The team of assessors rotate the teaching of these subjects and are all dedicated to help the learners increase their knowledge and understanding within each skill.... [tags: Papers]
1816 words (5.2 pages)