The aim of this report is to analyze the digital marketing campaign “For the Bold” of product Doritos in terms of two categories of social media, social community media and social publishing media, and to consider whether the campaign is successful in terms of two criteria for analyzing marketing campaign on growing sales and increasing proximity to customers.
The marketing campaign is called “For the Bold”. The company of Doritos is PepsiCo Inc.(PEP). Based on the data from Savory Snacks Industry Profile: United Kingdom (2014), PEP was the sixth of the top 50 package food with a 47.5% market share in UK savory market. In the end of fiscal year July 2013, the total revenues reported was $864 million, net loss was $163 million and net income was $701 million.(Savory Snacks Industry Profile: United Kingdom, 2014: page 11, page 25 )
2. Literature Review
Secondary sources analyze on a digital marketing campaign called “For the Bold” for the product Doritos. The two categories of social media about this campaign, social community media and social publishing media, will determine whether the campaign is succeeded in terms of two criteria for the analysis of marketing campaigns: growing sales and increasing proximity to customers.
It is important that using social community media and social publishing media such as Facebook and YouTube to acquire the purpose of campaign “For the Bold”. The aim of campaign stated by Belan (2013) is to create unforgettable and boldest moments and during campaign. (Belan, 2013: page 2) The execution is successful since 2013 on social media. The advertisements about Doritos are available on YouTube and the last advertisement is watched 1,497,550 times, while more than 15 million people fol...
... middle of paper ...
...l not only grow sale, but also get closer to consumers.
On the basis of results of primary research, this section had offered the following recommendations, choosing a special day for campaign like a thanking day and showing unforgettable and boldest memories to others on social media.
The report had analysed social community media and social publishing media of marketing campaign “For the Bold”. It had discussed whether the campaign was successful in growing sales and increasing proximity to customers.
The results of primary research suggested that:
1. The campaign had a growth on sales at Middlesex University.
2. It was a failure that the campaign attempted to increase proximity to customers.
On account of these results, the future marketing campaign was advised to set up a special activity and encourage people to upload picture on social media.
Need Writing Help?
Get feedback on grammar, clarity, concision and logic instantly.Check your paper »
- 1.0 Why you need to be using direct email marketing for your brand. Consumer are constantly overwhelmed by sales emails, creating the risk that yours will get lost in the realm of the over flowing inbox. Despite that newsletters remain very popular amongst marketers, this is because it is extremely effective at honing in on your niche and has an extremely high conversion rate. For most organisations, email marketing is the most powerful for developing relationships with customers as part of e-CRM (Chaffed,2014?) giving businesses the power to reach customers in a place most people visit every day- their inbox.... [tags: Marketing, E-mail, Marketing research]
708 words (2 pages)
- Digital Advertising: Does the Market Have Sustainability. Advertising is a key marketing method for businesses to increase revenue and name brand recognition. The concept of advertising in the United States really started in the late nineteenth century; however, it failed to break out as a widespread mechanism until the advent of the radio (Karr, 2012). Up until that point, advertising in newspapers was the most predominant form of it. The radio was the first form of technology that had the capability, specifically the pervasive reach to have a positive effect on consumers.... [tags: Advertising, Web banner, Marketing]
1212 words (3.5 pages)
- Five years’ within the direct-to-home broadcast Industry. Liaison with manufacturers and retailers of the DirecTV Digital Satellite System. Involved with the initial product launch in 1994 until USSB was acquired by DirecTV for $1.3 billion in 1999. Five years’ management and leadership experience, with teams ranging in size from 3 to 9 direct reports. Duties involved staff resource planning, maintaining a budget, interviewing potential employment candidates, conducting formal performance evaluations, performance tracking, and mentoring.... [tags: Management, Marketing]
1282 words (3.7 pages)
- Introduction With the arrival of new marketing and advertising techniques Omni Recording and Marketing Services (ORMS) plans to deliver an effective mobile campaign to make a successful customer following. We have identified a campaign analyzing the potential benefits and using the best-implemented approach. Our first operation will analyze as many possible techniques, the outcomes, their developments and any program weak points we may meet after it is developed. The key to any effective campaign will be the allocation of funds while entering the mobile space.... [tags: Business Management]
1425 words (4.1 pages)
- Technology and Marketing Management of Sony Corporation Company Description Sony Corporation is a multinational corporation and it is one of the world's largest media conglomerates founded in Tokyo, Japan. One of its divisions Sony Electronics is one of the leading manufacturers of electronics, video, communications, and information technology products for both the consumer and professional markets.... [tags: Business Management Analysis]
1494 words (4.3 pages)
- F16 expenses Our total Marketing spend for 2016 is $12.5m. This represents 44% of our first year sales. We will focus on TV, Digital, Trade Activations, Print, Influencer Engagement. Our overall marketing campaign will focus on building brand equity for Gourmet Selects through awareness and affinity and closing the sale by driving reinforcement and trial. We will engage with our target consumer with a 360-marketing campaign that includes TV, print, trade activations/promotions and digital which will include Influencer partnerships.... [tags: Advertising, Marketing, Target market]
1760 words (5 pages)
- Digital marketing is a growing field that “promotes products or brands via one or more forms of electronic media.” Examples of “advertising mediums that might be used as part of the digital marketing strategy of a business could include promotional efforts made via the Internet, social media, mobile phones and electronic billboards, as well as via digital and television and radio channels” (businessdictionary.com) This method of advertisement makes a digital marketing analyst necessary to help navigate a company through the proper marketing channels.... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Marketing research]
985 words (2.8 pages)
- Digital Marketing White Paper There is no denying that the world is rapidly shifting from analogue to digital. According to the Pew Research Center, 84 percent of all adults in the U.S. are now online and nearly two-thirds of the population embraces smartphone technology. As we consume more and more digital content on a daily basis — on mobile phones, tablets, and computers — companies that do not embrace the trend in their marketing strategies will be left behind. Digital marketing (DM) — any form of marketing products or services that involves electronic devices — is now essential and should be standard practice for any business that wants to get its product in front of a targeted audienc... [tags: Marketing, Social media, Internet marketing]
1916 words (5.5 pages)
- Statement of the Problem In the contemporary world, every type of business is going digital. Manufacturers, retail stores, and restaurants, to name just a few, are realizing unimaginable profit margins due to incorporating modern technology in their marketing strategies. Entrance of digital media and real-time marketing into the scene has resulted in a significant improvement in the traditional ways of marketing and carrying out business. Dissemination of information and media has been highly revolutionized.... [tags: Digital Marketing Essays]
2437 words (7 pages)
- The Efficiency of Digital Marketing For businesses small and large, marketing is essential in promoting a service or good to potential consumers. The ultimate objective is to maximize profits by creating consumer awareness of a certain brand. The results of successful marketing includes higher sales, and a solid reputation in the industry. In any industry, there are various ways to advertise a product or good. Traditional marketing refers to the non-digital methods of promoting a product, which includes newspapers, radio, direct mail, and telemarketing (“Digital vs Traditional Marketing”).... [tags: Marketing, Advertising, Internet marketing]
2021 words (5.8 pages)
- The Johns Hopkins 's Medicine Marketing And Communications Department
- My Experience At Virginia Beach Vacation
- Case Study : Nature 's Grocer ( Ng )
- Politics : A Local Municipal Council Meeting Up At The United Nations Security Council
- Who 's The Loneliest Child Of Them All?
- Justice : A Masquerade For The Unjust